Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The problem with direct messages is that it's a bullshit system. If you message someone, they are capable of blocking you right from the get go. They aren't required to reply, nor do they have to give a reason for blocking you. The fact that online dating is self moderating is why there are so many cam spammer accounts and disingenuous people using them. The fact that you can block someone merely for not finding them attractive is why it's a shit system.
    Tinder is exactly the same but worst... A swipe left is essentially a block

half my matches from tinder end up being bots. get the notification of a match and/or message, go in to app and have no matches. damn bots

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Swipe my 100 times per day I can get without paying for it, so far this week 0 matches, last month I had 2. Why do people even put effort into these kind of apps?
    Sorry to break it to you, but because a lot of people are better looking and more interesting than you.

Deleted
    I used Tinder for casual sex and last year I found my girlfriend on Tinder. Tinder is great, just don't be ugly lol.

Catfish them using pictures of a hot dude.

Then just wear a bag over your head when you meet up.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Swipe my 100 times per day I can get without paying for it, so far this week 0 matches, last month I had 2. Why do people even put effort into these kind of apps?
    Hate to burst your "tinder sucks" bubble but if your the only constant factor, its probably you.

https://www.askmen.com/dating/dating...nder-tips.html
    https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/b...men-by-a-woman

Supply and demand. The ratio of men:women on dating apps is hugely man-centric.

Let's say there's 5 men for every woman. That means the women get to choose, which automatically raises their 'worth' in the market. They'll be able to choose the hottest dudes since women are 'rare' on those apps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Hate to burst your "tinder sucks" bubble but if your the only constant factor, its probably you.

That second guide is some Cosmopolitan shit.

Some men on this app are pretty vague with their intentions when you're deciding on if you'd like to meet up. If you want to fuck, just say it at some point instead of being coy—don't say you want to "chill."
    My sides, yeah right.

Tinder depends on the place. Apparently some women in major cities in germany think it's for serious dating (as an internet nerd that is obviously kinda strange to me). In the end dating apps are broken by design. They are a scam for the overwhelming majority of the userbase. The numbers simply don't add up, it just can't work.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can get free sex and food from it if you follow rules one and two:

1: Be attractive
    2: Don't be unattractive.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post

Have you actually read the 2nd link? Urgh..

I've used dating sites and social media apps to get dates with success and I've seen other people use them with success as well.

I have a friend who met the woman he is now married to off a dating site.

The last serious relationship I was in (lasted 6 months) actually started on Whisper of all places.

I have a buddy and his wife's bff always seems to be dating a new dude she meets off Tinder every time I see her which is like once every 6 or so months.

I saw pictures posted on the first page and there is nothing that looks "wrong" with you and it's most likely something written on your profile that turns people off to even giving you a chance.

Write something like, hates dogs and cats and everyone with a dog/cat or are dog/cat lovers are just going to swipe left. Say you hate Star Wars and find Fantasy stuff for nerds, everyone who even considers themselves a little bit of a nerd will start swiping left. Say the greatest woman you've ever met is your mother, and you're getting a lot of women who don't want a momma's boy swiping left.

99% of the time, it's something wrong with your profile or you're just in a bad, poorly populated area.

15+ Year Old Account
    Swiping is satisfying. I love judging people.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Have you actually read the 2nd link? Urgh..
    I just read the second link, and while some of that stuff is certainly more based on her personal opinions, there is absolutely nothing wrong about what she said. If you need me to explain any of it, just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I just read the second link, and while some of that stuff is certainly more based on her personal opinions, there is absolutely nothing wrong about what she said. If you need me to explain any of it, just ask.
    I'm under the impression she thinks of herself as prime dating material. Looking at her taking offense at the no-druggy profile text and "insta-swiping" right at a drug dealer suggests to me that she is kinda garbage and I wonder why she thinks she is qualified to offer dating advice. Copy-pasting the stuff that you can find everywhere else is not exactly something I'm going to give her credit for. Also it's vice.. that is like getting a link to infowars.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're an above average looking guy, it's the easiest way to get whatever you want sexually. And no, being "not unattractive" is not enough.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Especially those who aren't attractive.
    Not everyone...I know I'm fugly and I never once tried to pass myself off as attractive!

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm under the impression she thinks of herself as prime dating material. Looking at her taking offense at the no-druggy profile text and "insta-swiping" right at a drug dealer suggests to me that she is kinda garbage and I wonder why she thinks she is qualified to offer dating advice. Copy-pasting the stuff that you can find everywhere else is not exactly something I'm going to give her credit for. Also it's vice.. that is like getting a link to infowars.
    I didn't get that impression at all.

I got the impression she's just another normal person who has certain likes and dislikes in people.

I share her views on drug related profiles. I don't smoke nor do I drink, that's a personal preference. I swipe right when I see "party girls" on Tinder because it's not my type and I don't want anything to do with them. We aren't going to have a good time, we likely won't have much in common, and it is very likely not going to work out.

As for why she thinks she's qualified to offer dating advice. Who gives a fuck? Really.

How many people out there with a keyboard and a mouse or a camera feel they can offer any advice whatsoever? She was essentially sharing her experiences.

A smart person can read that article and realize there are things that people find unattractive that may exist on their profiles. While you might be a casual weed smoker you might toss 420 related stuff on your profile and it's going to shut you off to a segment of the population who cannot stand it.

As for Vice/Infowars comparison, there isn't one. And you're deluded if you think so. Seriously, Alex "The frogs are turning gay" Jones has never put out anything even close to some of the investigative journalism that they've put out in the past, the Charlotesville piece is a recent, particular example.

Your response leads me to believe you, A-Saw it was Vice, and B-Hold some slight misogynistic views and so see a woman writer put out some writing and immediately dismiss it without reading it with a critical eye.

Wait, I thought swiping right was the "like" thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    You aren't ugly. Try Okcupid, though, last time I looked they started butchering it for paywalls. You can at least send first messages on okcupid without needing to be "matched".
    Unless it's changed very recently, OKCupid is still one of the few sites you don't need to pay to message. They just made it where you have to pay to see who likes you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Most men on Tinder swipe right on every woman.
    Guilty as charged.