Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, did all of you people just make up your own Blizzcon and decide to shove your own baseless opinions in there in place of actual things we actually know about this shit? ALLLIED RACES ARE CALLED ALLIED RACES TO DIFFERENTITATE THEM BECAUSE YOU THE FUCKING PLAYER PERSONALLY BRING THOSE RACES INTO YOUR FACTION. HAS FUCK ALL TO DO WITH WHAT RACE IT IS. YOU ARE PROBABLY NEVER GOING TO SEE OTHER PLAYABLE CHARACTER RACES ADDED TO THE GAME SOME OTHER WAY, BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK ELSE WOULD THEY CREATE THIS SYSTEM THAT ALLOWS THEM TO KEEP MAKING NEW PLAYABLE RACES?

Fucking done here. This is shit retarded.
    Wow you really don't get it. Allied races are sub races, just look at what they added - ALL 6 "allied races" are models already available to players, just slightly altered. If they wanted to add Ogres or Vrykul they would just add them as new race, like Worgen or Goblin, since these are new models.

Otherwise what was the reason to add new races as "allied races"? God some people just make no sense.

I'm sure if Ogre's come to game ill change my belf lock to ogre lock. Ogre's for life!

Deleted
    I hope they add both of these, I've been wanting to play both for a while, they would also have to finally do Ogre females so I can see Vrykul happening easier than Ogres since that would require creating a new model.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    You also need to figure out who the racial leaders would be to make them work.

The 6 races we are getting have pretty well known racial leaders.

Dark Iron Dwarves = Moira Thaurissan
    Void Elves = Alleria Windrunner
    Lightforged Draenei = Turalyon

Nightborne = Thalyssra
    Highmountain Tauren = Mayla Highmountain
    Zandalari Trolls = King Rastakhan

Who is really well known from the Vrykul or Ogres that you could see joining either sides? The most well known lore characters from these groups are dead. I dunno, maybe Rexxar for the Ogres? but the Vrykul really doesn't have anyone at this point.

That said, we do know who could lead the Mag'har/Frost Wolf Orcs and the Kul'Tiras Humans.

Frost Wolf Orcs = Thrall
    Kul'Tiras Humans = Jaina Proudmoore or Tandred Proudmoore (Jaina's brother) or Katherine Proudmoore (Jaina's mother)

They all serve Odyn and Odyn aint joining the Alliance or Horde and other than Odyn there is no character in Stormheim that could lead them. If you remove Odyn's story from Stormheim you are pretty much just left with Dragons. lol.
    Well, seeing as the allied races have intro quests or need to be unlocked in some way, it's not exactly unfeasible to think that blizzard can pull a storyline about a splinter faction of Valarjar, or even Odyn giving his blessing to his warriors to go fight where they want, being that their culture is very centric around fighting and dying in glorious battle.

Also, as far as i'm aware, Gallywix didn't exist before Cataclysm but that didn't stop blizzard making Goblins playable? Even if it means making Rexxar go incredibly out of character i'm sure appointing racial leaders isn't a problem. Honestly, it's more of a technical issue than it is a story one.

slime

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Ogre mages are not dumb and they are far stronger then other races.

They are perfect material to turn into Deathknights for Arthas, when they get ressed as minions of Arthas they even lost there free will what removed the crazy aspacts alot of Ogre mages have.
    Most of the ones Arthas would've encountered would not be mages...so cheaper cannon-fodder ain't worth the DK res. And that's not accounting for any racism...

Physical strength means little if the mind is very basic...like a lot of ogres. (A lot, not all, obviously)

Ogres look and act like giant retarded babies

I realize I’m probably in a minority, but I hate the idea of playable ogres. They are insufferably stupid, stupid, stupid. There is nothing remotely entertaining about them. They have no gravitas, no nobility. If they were added, they’d likely go horde, and I swear upon Thrall himself, I will faction transfer and pvp stalk every one I see. They are a terrible idea. This and the naga fetish need to stop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Alliance = Kul'Tiras Humans (They look so fucking cool. Imagine if you could have a peg leg? It would be very easy to do. Just don't use one of the boots. Blizzard has done this before where they've hidden a single shoulder or the Trolls who don't wear boots at all.)

Horde = Mag'har Orcs (Specifically from the Frost Wolf clan of Draenor since they owe us one and Thrall has some connections.)

yay, more races who we ALREADY have!

honestly, whats the difference from the humans of kultiras and normal humans?

and maghar? just put the brown skin color in the barber and we are done

we need trully new good races

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Wow you really don't get it. Allied races are sub races, just look at what they added - ALL 6 "allied races" are models already available to players, just slightly altered. If they wanted to add Ogres or Vrykul they would just add them as new race, like Worgen or Goblin, since these are new models.

Otherwise what was the reason to add new races as "allied races"? God some people just make no sense.
    No I get it and YOU don't. This whole sub race thing is 100% fan speculation. It is not a phrase that Blizz threw around. What's OBVIOUS is that they chose these races for now because they're easier to implement and don't require changing every piece of armor in the game, which is a lot of fucking work. None the less, they will all have unique animations and racials and such.

This is what we actually know about this:

1. They're called Allied Races because it's a new feature added that will allow YOU the player to introduce new races to your faction.

2. It will be expanded on.

The rest is pure fan wank, what's not is that virtually any non-playable race could be added through this system. Some posters here are just more or less typical of this board, either complaining about new stuff added to the game, claiming that the new stuff is something Blizzard never said it is at all in any way whatsoever, or deciding because they don't like something that means it won't happen.

I'm just sticking to the facts here, and what people like you are saying is so far removed from the FACTS that it's like you didn't even watch the Blizzcon videos or read any of the actual dev interviews that discuss anything about the new xpac at all.

We can all clearly see that the first batch of Allied Races aren't going to be anything all that different or unique, that doesn't mean that every addition to this system is only going to be the same shit we already have but slightly different. I mean for crying out loud, they want this shit to be actually good to go at launch, would you rather have 6 unique races and 5 less dungeons and no new bg or something?
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-11-12 at 10:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    im just fine with the Wod models, we just need females

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric75 View Post
    I realize I’m probably in a minority, but I hate the idea of playable ogres. They are insufferably stupid, stupid, stupid. There is nothing remotely entertaining about them. They have no gravitas, no nobility. If they were added, they’d likely go horde, and I swear upon Thrall himself, I will faction transfer and pvp stalk every one I see. They are a terrible idea. This and the naga fetish need to stop.
    well, i think you should read some lore, or actually play the game,WoD is bad but there are rly interesting lore about the Gorian empire
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-11-12 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well i'm not that sure of Ogres, but we may see Vrykuls as their models were really worked out on Legion and they look great, they only need to make the models accept helms models (for both female and male) and how to make them smaller without having them look weird.
    My understanding from many ally players is that there is more lore precedent for them to be enemies than allies. I think you would see Kul'tiran humans as an option first. Which might not be bad--I think their models are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care much about ogres, but I'd kill to be able to make a badass vrykul shieldmaiden (warrior).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric75 View Post
    "I don't like a thing, so nobody else should be able to enjoy it!"

Christ, there's more to life than your preferences. Get out more.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

The Kul'tiran humans have a completely new skeleton, body, textures, animations, etc. and completely different body sillouhettes--many of the humans we saw in the Kul'tiras vids seemed to have been regular human placeholders. Robinson went out of the way in the q&a or the art panel, I forget which, to specifiy they don't use any old skeletons or models.

TBH, they look way better than the shitty current human options. The males look like they run around having to take a shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    The Kul'tiran humans have a completely new skeleton, body, textures, animations, etc. and completely different body sillouhettes--many of the humans we saw in the Kul'tiras vids seemed to have been regular human placeholders. Robinson went out of the way in the q&a or the art panel, I forget which, to specifiy they don't use any old skeletons or models.

TBH, three look way better than the shitty current human options. The males look like they run around having to take a shit.
    where i can see those? i only see then at the feature trailer, and they look exactly the same to me

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post

TBH, they look way better than the shitty current human options. The males look like they run around having to take a shit.
    You’d think that would have gotten fixed with the WoD revamp, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well i'm not that sure of Ogres, but we may see Vrykuls as their models were really worked out on Legion and they look great, they only need to make the models accept helms models (for both female and male) and how to make them smaller without having them look weird.
    Ogres got just as much of a rework in WOD FYI.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account

Kul'Tiras humans are a bit heavier and more rugged and actually would be a good compromise between human and vrykul and actually make sense lore wise. We descended from the Vrykul a long time ago and really have no connection to them today and we don't see eye to eye with them on a lot of things. It's a very different way of life. You don't have that issue with the people of Kul'Tiras because we already have a relationship with them and they are sorta like the Vrykul just more civilized. They are the Vrykul if they adapated to the new world. Also, it would be dope if we had the option to have a peg leg.

As for Mag'har Orcs, they are no different than the Lightforged Draenei. They could have scars, tattoos and warpaint.

Allied races are basically races that aren't good enough to get their own starting zone or something where we've already heard their story like the Nightborne. If Blizz wanted us to get something fancy like Ethereals they would have their own starting zone and be listed under races instead of allied races. The Mag'har Orcs & Kul'Tiras Humans fit allied races because they don't deserve their own starting zone but are still great. I think a lot of people are getting way too carried away with this and are going to get let down when they don't get what they want even though Blizzard never said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    His son is Thorim, you could work in racials based on 'stormforged' attributes and Thorim could indeed join a faction. Probably the Horde, and the Alliance will get little rat people from the desert in Zandalar.
    Titan Watchers are kinda above the whole Alliance and Horde thing.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-12 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Ogre mages are not dumb and they are far stronger then other races.

They are perfect material to turn into Deathknights for Arthas, when they get ressed as minions of Arthas they even lost there free will what removed the crazy aspacts alot of Ogre mages have.
    I said most of them would NOT have been mages. The ogres most prevalent at the time were dumb as bricks, bit of sawdust for a shaman. And again, that's not counting racism. It was already a stretch that goblins got DK, and a lore-wise impossibility for worgen, so why is there any reason to raise an ogre DK over -any- of the other, more prevalently smart races in the area?

Answer: None.

well, i think you should read some lore, or actually play the game,WoD is bad but there are rly interesting lore about the Gorian empire
    'Cus the Gorians were so friendly and sensible with us. Eyup.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    First of all: what race would they be connected to as allied races. Sure Vrykul=humans, but ogres? O.o Just because allied races is the new hot thing, does not mean they have to be aswell.

I would much rather have Ogres and Vrykuls be races on their own, with their own cities and starting zones.
    Allied race =/= subrace. Allied race = earned race by questing.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.