Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoriana View Post
    ugh no. No thank you one bit. 77 days is even to long imo.
    Depends on the quality of the raid really. For ToS it is way too long... For ToT it would be too short, for Ulduar too short, etc... (ironically enough these widely acclaimed raids were short-lived in comparison)

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, people take projected dates as 100% confirmed dates. It is more business talk than anything. Most all releases will say by end of <Insert Year Here> than once they give a definitive date.

I'm sure it is safe to say we will see BFA around Q3 2018 (July, August & September).
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

As a few others have mentioned, don’t forget about 7.3.5, we have confirmed for it Ulduar TW, a new BG, leveling revamp and more story quests. At minimum. Could be even more with it.

So complaining about a content drought just doesn’t make sense until we see what all is in 7.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Of course, people take projected dates as 100% confirmed dates. It is more business talk than anything. Most all releases will say by end of <Insert Year Here> than once they give a definitive date.

I'm sure it is safe to say we will see BFA around Q3 2018 (July, August & September).
    We had that every time when they put a "no later than" date on their SC2:LotV, WoD and Legion adverts, too. They ended up being released well before the date each time.

Would you rather them rush the expansion and cut corners like they did with WoD?

Garrison customizability? Naww, cut that.
    Farahlon? Meh, it can go.
    Ray D. Tear? More like R.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    So if alpha/beta starts 2-3 months later than legion, why do you expect BFA to release earlier than Legion?

I would say that we are heading towards alpha in february and release in november.

- - - Updated - - -

And they released it undone....

Honestly. Legion was rushed. They released it when content was mostly done. Concerning class design and mythic + and so on, they rushed stuff. No way they are now much faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Well HFC was released in june 15, Antorus in november 18. So by that measurement release will be in 2019....
    They said beta so if public beta hits in Feb/March they could launch around July/Aug. I don't think they will get beta out that early but they said they want to.

i'm sure we will get 8.0 a month or so before the xpac launches, and then more pre-expansion content like silithus before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Why don't you just play the game until you've done everything you wanted to do and then stop and do other stuff/player other games until they release new content that you'll enjoy? Maybe I'm overthinking this idk
    nah seems like the normal thing to do....

7+ Year Old Account
    D R A M A... so much drama... you can choose to go outside sometimes of your house untill the release of the new expansion goes out...

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I'll take 'looking too into vague remarks given in an interview' for 5,000
    Ok, here is the answer, "I have no idea what I am doing and only took this job for the funnsies."

Who am I?
    Last edited by Metzindown; 2017-11-12 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The steady stream of content hasn't ended though, there will be patches beyond Antorus.

Keep up with shit before you bitch about it, perhaps? Or are you one of those saps that only count Raid tiers as "content"...? Sorry, your high standards are not universal.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol.

They're doomed if they do and doomed if they don't.

Legion's had the steadiest stream of content added thus far, with more patches to come beyond Antorus opening. People need a chill pill.
    i wanna make something perfectly clear, from a casual joe perspective the content release has been fine and pretty much on the money this expansion, you never run out of stuff to do because it is thrown at you left and right and before you finish one thing something new is released, however, it has completely fucked over the raiding community, this expansion (and this tier in particular) has DECIMATED the high end raiding scene, we had literally just finished with EN progression when ToV was released, helya was tuned so stupidly hard compared to everything else that it caused several guilds to look at whether it was worth the effort and just wait until ti got nerfed, then the nerfs came and not long after NH was opened up so shifted focus away from ToV to the new raid which had actual tier gear and the 'real' raid of the expansion so far, it wasn't until the very last couple of weeks of nighthold, but more guilds had killed mythic gul'dan than had killed mythic helya, and even in NH there were a ton of top end guilds call it quits, people said 'oh but someone new will rise up and fill the gap' because that is what has happened historically but this time around it didn't happen because there wasn't the people there anymore to do it, then ToS came out and we know the clusterfuck that this tier has been seeing a boss changed mid progress forcing guilds to relearn the entire fight and unable to get a rekill for weeks/months after the fact to the utterly ridiculous tuning on the last 2 bosses specifically kil'jaeden to the point where guilds that could do it didn't bother because it wasn't worth the hassle of trying as it would likely cause the guild to fall apart and now we have antorus coming in 2 weeks and participation levels are lower now than they were in classic or TBC when raiding was still in its infancy, and as a result unless there is a huge surge in numbers of players that raid nect tier leading into next expansion, i can easily see blizz stopping support for certain aspects of the game to focus those resources in other more beneficial areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont care how long the raid tiers are as long as we get a few small updates like the magni questline from time to time
    That sounds nice at first... but really, that's just content you do in a couple hours and you're done.

BTT: Based on their statements it really looks like its gonna take some time... I just hope that they'll release Void Elfs and LF Draenei in a Legion patch though.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-11-13 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    That sounds nice at first... but relly, that's just content you do in a couple hours and you're done.

BTT: Based on their statements it really looks like its gonna take some time... I just hope that they'll release Void Elfs and LF Draenei in a Legion patch though.
    I really really do stand firm that we'll see the 4 Legion races make it in sometime during 7.3.5's lifeline. (maybe not right off the bat on release, but possibly when preorders begin)

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    I really really do stand firm that we'll see the 4 Legion races make it in sometime during 7.3.5's lifeline. (maybe not right off the bat on release, but possibly when preorders begin)
    Yeah I hope so too. It would also make sense, as all these 4 races are related to Legion content (and their DBC entries are already inside 7.3.2) and leveling them (with the scalling tech) would be enough content for me while waiting for the xpac to release... it would really suck if we have to wait until 8.0, just so that many of us can reroll (at least I'm planing to) at a time where we could be playing the new content.

I liked MoP more than Legion in terms of content.

Legion was better staggered release of patches than MoP. But Argus and Broken shore really took the momentum out of the Legion expansion. Legion established at the start with Suramar a standard that they couldn't meet after the first six months of launch while MOP was strong till the final patch.

BFA will take time, because there is a lot of necessary testing and I want to see better communication this time around. WoD featured poor communication while Legion was non existent communication.

The testing of raids in Legion before class mechanics were established always rubbed me the wrong way. Because the Legion expansion was focused on class fantasy and they didn't spend enough time on fixing classes properly.

And when Legion hit live servers they spent the majority of PTR cycles testing raid content and ignoring classes, professions, etc...the foundation of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    however, it has completely fucked over the raiding community, this expansion (and this tier in particular) has DECIMATED the high end raiding scene, we had literally just finished with EN progression when ToV was released, helya was tuned so stupidly hard compared to everything else that it caused several guilds to look at whether it was worth the effort and just wait until ti got nerfed, then the nerfs came and not long after NH was opened up so shifted focus away from ToV to the new raid which had actual tier gear and the 'real' raid of the expansion so far, it wasn't until the very last couple of weeks of nighthold, but more guilds had killed mythic gul'dan than had killed mythic helya, and even in NH there were a ton of top end guilds call it quits, people said 'oh but someone new will rise up and fill the gap' because that is what has happened historically but this time around it didn't happen because there wasn't the people there anymore to do it, then ToS came out and we know the clusterfuck that this tier has been seeing a boss changed mid progress forcing guilds to relearn the entire fight and unable to get a rekill for weeks/months after the fact to the utterly ridiculous tuning on the last 2 bosses specifically kil'jaeden to the point where guilds that could do it didn't bother because it wasn't worth the hassle of trying as it would likely cause the guild to fall apart and now we have antorus coming in 2 weeks
    Yep, Legion has been an exhausting marathon combined with hurdling over disbanding guilds left and right, I genuinely welcome an ye olde end of expansion lull to finally catch up with my achievements, profession patterns, transmogs, mount collections and other things there just never ever was time for because constantly something new.

The amount of time I postponed doing my class mounts, glory of the legion hero or loremaster achievements because there was always some more pressing, contemporary matter to tend to... Damn, Antorus is on the doorstep and I didn't even manage to do prerequisites for the raid cache mission on any character except my main. There's always so much stuff to do, not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    it'd be nice if they added a 1 or 2 boss raid and some story or something. And maybe finally admit that prevent a year long raid tier at the end of the expansion is impossible. Yet they keep telling us tat 5-6 month tiers are what they want.
    Eh not sure if I agree,

Even though ICC was long as hell, RS after it seemed meh

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    That sounds nice at first... but really, that's just content you do in a couple hours and you're done.

thats better to me than raids. if it were up to me all story based content ingame would be quests
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So much to do that people just log in once a week for the weekly mythic+ chest run.
    You can't blame Blizzard if they provide a smörgasbord to their players but so many of them turn up their noses at 95% of it, only eating two things, then complain that they're tired of eating the same thing every day.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You can't blame Blizzard if they provide a smörgasbord to their players but so many of them turn up their noses at 95% of it, only eating two things, then complain that they're tired of eating the same thing every day.
    If Blizzard cannot be blamed for that, I don't know who to blame.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side