Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    People seem to think that the Bad guys are lined up so as soon as one of them falls, another one is instantly there to start shit going. It's nice to see how the factions react to the lull between threats and isn't surprising to me that the "big bad" will slowly make itself a bigger threat as the expansion goes on. Otherwise you get that shitty feeling like in Wrath of the Lich King where Arthas was in your face during the leveling experience then suddenly "Oh we are fighting Dragons and Old gods" then a year and a half later he's just appears all "MUAHAHHA NOW YOU CAN FIGHT ME CHAMPION!"

I'd rather a build up than a huge opening with a dull middle only to have the end just be the logical continuation of the opening.
    I kinda like LK hype throughout wrath, yeah the ToC part seemed a bit odd but it was really cool seeing him about antagonizing.

p.s Your profile pic i can relate to, Destroyed another headset last week grrrr. Damn those little wheels!

Deleted
    People seem to think that the Bad guys are lined up so as soon as one of them falls, another one is instantly there to start shit going. It's nice to see how the factions react to the lull between threats and isn't surprising to me that the "big bad" will slowly make itself a bigger threat as the expansion goes on. Otherwise you get that shitty feeling like in Wrath of the Lich King where Arthas was in your face during the leveling experience then suddenly "Oh we are fighting Dragons and Old gods" then a year and a half later he's just appears all "MUAHAHHA NOW YOU CAN FIGHT ME CHAMPION!"

I'd rather a build up than a huge opening with a dull middle only to have the end just be the logical continuation of the opening.
    Blizzard made the newbie storyteller mistake as they put relatively quickly more and more powerful enemies and almost all of them just burned the whole world...Just imagine after the 2. World War, then events from 28 days later, then events from Independence Day, then events from Terminator (the war, not the movie itself) then the remaining alive beings starts a 3. World War....Sounds legit...For me that`s why it`s bloody stupid..Both Horde and Alliance think and acts as one all the fucking time...that`s ridiculuos Noone, not even a single race raise it`s voice against the decisions or turn against the so called allies..(like elves against dwarves, or gnomes against humans, or taurens against forsaken...forsaken is one of the biggest mistakes anyway in my eyes...Orcs - proud folks, Taurens - deep connection with nature...and they forming an ally with the Forsaken which is an abomination in the natural circle (born-live-die)

I just don`t get what the old gods waiting for..bleed out the 2 factions? Fighting against various super powerful enemies for decades was not enough? Nah for me it`s just a really low level storytelling....

Deleted
    One thing I want to know about PvP is are we losing our Prestige levels/progress with the launch of BfA (starting from 0 lvl) or are we gaining more levels (Prestige 25+).
    Maybe is a system that a lot of people don't like but imo it's something that shows your determination in the PvP world ((R)BGs, (R)Arenas, world quests, etc.)

Do people really think mop had super powerful enemies? Or Wod? archimonde was strong but compered to Lich king? The only really powerful enemy we have killed in long time is Kiljaeden.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Blizzard made the newbie storyteller mistake as they put relatively quickly more and more powerful enemies and almost all of them just burned the whole world...Just imagine after the 2. World War, then events from 28 days later, then events from Independence Day, then events from Terminator (the war, not the movie itself) then the remaining alive beings starts a 3. World War....Sounds legit...For me that`s why it`s bloody stupid..Both Horde and Alliance think and acts as one all the fucking time...that`s ridiculuos Noone, not even a single race raise it`s voice against the decisions or turn against the so called allies..(like elves against dwarves, or gnomes against humans, or taurens against forsaken...forsaken is one of the biggest mistakes anyway in my eyes...Orcs - proud folks, Taurens - deep connection with nature...and they forming an ally with the Forsaken which is an abomination in the natural circle (born-live-die)

I just don`t get what the old gods waiting for..bleed out the 2 factions? Fighting against various super powerful enemies for decades was not enough? Nah for me it`s just a really low level storytelling....
    It's actually pretty in line with our Human history.

Take America and Russia. Very much large Factions in their own rights, ran much differently. Both became "Allies" too fight a greater threat in the World Wars. Both also then became antagonistic to each other for the Years following and always seem to be at odds to each. Yet you could pretty much guarantee if a War broke out with an Enemy that threaten both Russia and America that they would tenuously join Forces again until the threat was over.

Even Sylvanas turning on a supposed Ally isn't strange in our History. Just look at Modern War history of real-life and you will found countless COUNTLESS times in the last 100 years alone where Countries have allied and fought eachother multiple times.

I guess the younger crowd that haven't experienced much of life think that when countries become friends they stay permanently friends and that all living sapient creatures want the same things in their lives. So a story of Betrayal, Conflict and War seems odd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Do people really think mop had super powerful enemies? Or Wod? archimonde was strong but compered to Lich king? The only really powerful enemy we have killed in long time is Kiljaeden.
    Archimonde is actually a superior power to Arthas. You might be thinking of Mal'ganis.

Deleted
    It's actually pretty in line with our Human history.

Take America and Russia. Very much large Factions in their own rights, ran much differently. Both became "Allies" too fight a greater threat in the World Wars. Both also then became antagonistic to each other for the Years following and always seem to be at odds to each. Yet you could pretty much guarantee if a War broke out with an Enemy that threaten both Russia and America that they would tenuously join Forces again until the threat was over.

Even Sylvanas turning on a supposed Ally isn't strange in our History. Just look at Modern War history of real-life and you will found countless COUNTLESS times in the last 100 years alone where Countries have allied and fought eachother multiple times.

Good examples..ohh wait no..how much time was between the 2 World War? (1. ended in 1918, 2. started 1939....21 years....not 2 months like in WoW) The casualties were enormous...what do you think how many people died in BC as military person, in LK as innocent bystander AND military person during the campaign, in Cata as innocent folks AND military person, in MoP as military person (and as innocent pandarian...they numbers can`t be high anyway as it`s just an island...) and in Legion as innocent folk and military person? How the hell can they replace the losses? Within weeks or months?
    Second..please tell me when was the last time when ANY race went against the faction decision?
    Third: Your example in WoW terms like 2 big countries go against a 3rd...not a whole continent against another continent..or worlds against worlds...Independence Day is a good emulation of LEgion..powerful enemy attacks, we won in the end, but the price, the casualties are tremendous...
    Fourth: The marked section: Huhh? Sylvanas and our history? What? When Sylvanas turned against her allies? Especially in OUR history? Did you realised that`s my issue it`s never happened? The player characters are basically soldiers of fortune (doing jobs aka quests for rewards....) or adventurers in fantasy terms...Why the hell do they need to follow the mainstream politics?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Aren't Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden more or less on the same level?

Also, Garrosh was corrupted by Y'shaarj, so there's that. He wasn't as weak from a lore standpoint as you might imagine.
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

If it's not coming out until after late Spring consider me unsubbing until it actually does come out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, what are the "communities" they talk about plz?

And concerning the horde vs alliance sux, I think it won't sux anymore when we'll know why they are fighting... with a lot of purple tentacles...
    It is definitely a filler expac but I think it will become more interesting with each patches until the 9.0 "The Dark Shadowy Shadow of the Voidish Void"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    Guys, what are the "communities" they talk about plz?

And concerning the horde vs alliance sux, I think it won't sux anymore when we'll know why they are fighting... with a lot of purple tentacles...
    It is definitely a filler expac but I think it will become more interesting with each patches until the 9.0 "The Dark Shadowy Shadow of the Voidish Void"
    The communities are cross-realm guilds basically
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    The communities are cross-realm guilds basically
    Guilds are people who run under the same tag in realms.

Communities are just group of people who have something in common with each other. They might be real life friends, old guild mates, speak the same language.
    For example my guild does alt runs where half of the people come from other realms but they are all someones friends in the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Good talk. Great arguments. Also, Nightborne join the Horde because Blood Elves have had similar issues in the past (mana addiction, becoming withered, corruption from the Legion) and there's dialogue where the Nightborne show interest in the Horde.
    Yes yes, I don't think anyone is denying that now. It is the turn of events wich is kinda strange.

Both were there fighting for them. Now they fight alongside the Horde? I love the Horde!(little Zul'jin makeover here).
    They are more Night Elf heritage than High Elf, High elves(Blood Elves) were also in fact a long standing member of the Alliance. Recent lore has changed that, doesn't mean that people don't think that is kinda weird.

But it is what it is. But hey Alliance get Void Elves wich are Blood Elves who got exiled by the same Blood Elves even though they share exact same history.

I hate this kind of bosses .

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wish they'd stop undermining themselves talking about stuff that's not certain yet. They want to provide a modern vanilla experience with BfA but I'm not putting money on it paying off...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    I guess I'm quitting WoW in about a month, not sticking on Antorus for a whole year after clearing it.
    I'm kinda doing the opposite. I played the first month of Legion, stopped for a year and picked it up the other day. All the world enemies feel like sheep still, not sure how long that'll last me. I'll probably just level up some class I've never played and just do some dungeons. Are they still afk aeo snoozefest?

"Sneaky Pete” is a rogue Island AI character that likes to wait until you engage mobs to attack you. He is a jerk."

Rank 1 humor! Atleast blizz is aware of the mentality of the rogue playerbase

Deleted
    Lol killing off PVP servers will kill WoW. I'm not paying a sub if I can't play on a dedicated PVP server. I guess I will go somewhere else that has them if my money isn't good enough for Activision Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Height View Post
    If it's not coming out until after late Spring consider me unsubbing until it actually does come out.
    That would make a too short of a raid tier, so it has 0 chance of happening.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Hiding the Allied races behind Exalted reputation grinds is a terrible fucking decision and I really really hope that doesn't happen. Forcing players to grind something from a previous expansion just to unlock something in an expansion you just bought is a really shitty business choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Hiding the Allied races behind Exalted reputation grinds is a terrible fucking decision and I really really hope that doesn't happen. Forcing players to grind something from a previous expansion just to unlock something in an expansion you just bought is a really shitty business choice.
    Fair to me... no drama stuffs...