Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It was a known issue lol. If you honestly played during Vanilla you would have heard/known about it. I am nowhere near the first person to make this claim.
    There were people who grinded by mobs even in Cata+ simply because it is more efficient.
    When I played I completed all quests so I know what I am talking about. I completed even such hidden quests you probably never heard about, e.g., drop from rare ambush of stealthed assassins on Southshore, treasure map quest chain in Westfall, elite quests in Duskwood, one of them led to Wetlands with underwater murlocs (oh my, back then you could spend only some seconds underwater, and murlocs were many...), etc.

Though I admit, I also did dungeon quests. I also don't understand why people neglected dungeons - they gave you a lot of exp and provided nice gear upgrades. Leveling with or without dungeon gear was like playing different games.

Deleted
    Now I'm an earth flatter? Just stop. I don't know when you supposedly played, but it obviously was not during the time frame I am describing.
    Just making a point that more people claiming the same thing doesn't automatically make them right. You just made the same mistake as them assuming there are no other quests while there are, you just didn't know about them.

100% of pro change people don't understand that if they don't play classic servers that nothing is really lost.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-11-12 at 10:42 PM.

Deleted
    Because you know everything I did and experienced back in 2005 right? That's the main assumption of anything you are saying at the moment, is it not?

Just stop.
    Well we played the same game back in 2005, so yeah. It's nothing to be ashamed off you couldn't find those quests back then but that doesn't mean they weren't there.
    Last edited by mmocd22c015b36; 2017-11-12 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    99% of all people who demand such and such changes, they never actually played Classic. They are too dumb to understand that people feel nostalgy for old WoW with its graphics, with its pluses AND minuses.

I greatly fear for future of Classic servers if this overly loud minority will screw it for us.

People like them already caused the ruination of old WoW by constantly demanding changes on retail. Why can't they stick to Legion with all its new graphics, security updates, addons' API, homogenized classes and such?

I hope Blizzard won't do half-a**ed job and will actually reconstruct Classic as it was. With original client, original graphics, original UI, original gameplay. THAT one original WoW that veterans miss so much.

And to people who demand changes: go to Legion, you have everything you want there....
    I agree with you entirely.

If you want change, innovation, QOL, just fucking play the latest version, Legion, and then BFA.

Why do they have a need to ruin classic for people who want just that, classic?

My biggest memories of classic WoW are the feelings of "wow, this is the best mmo I've ever played" and "I can't believe how much better the graphics are over DAoC and Everquest". it was all so shiny, new and exciting. You just can't get those feelings back, and no matter how good these new classic servers are they can't turn back time.

I've been a prot paladin since WoW was first launched, and back in vanilla I wasn't allowed to tank anything. Hybrids were a thing, and some specs just couldn't compete with the pure classes. There were a lot of bad design choices back then, and Blizzard have learned an awful lot over the past decade. I would hope the new classic servers take full advantage of those lessons and don't just turn out to be a carbon copy of WoW on launch day.
    ----------------------------------------
    1999 - 2001: Ultima Online
    2001 - 2004: Dark Age of Camelot
    2004 - Today: World of Warcraft
    *** 19 years of MMO gaming ***
    ----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    u remember the blog of gc called "Wow, dungeons are Hard!" in early cata?

That was when wow shifted from rpg to a streamlined action style gameplay.

Many of the veterans (including me) dont really support this style.

Back than, u had to find your way in a really big way. You had to discover, explore, read quest texts (somewhere in the east at a den where the blue dragons are) and look out and discover it, not just follow an arrow on your screen, and do other basic rpg stuff. There was a thing that was called immersion. It was dark at night, and bright at day. The realms were intact, they had a community where the players had reputation and were not some random strangers. This kind of feeling has long been lost, and this is what the classic realms are about. Basically its a try to get back the old rpg-WoW for the folks that liked it more than the modern action-style raid system. And i state this as a mythic raider, whos only fun in the current game is to do orange logs on wowprogress. Yes , this is the only stuff that drives me playing wow nowadays. Doing good logs within my casual mythic guild. How fucking sad this game has become.
    So true. So sad to see how the game's focus have shifted. And just the possibility of a reboot on vanilla is making me so happy. Yet i see dozens of threads popping with weird suggestions that will just ruin it before its even launched... ugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dalien View Post
    My biggest memories of classic WoW are the feelings of "wow, this is the best mmo I've ever played" and "I can't believe how much better the graphics are over DAoC and Everquest". it was all so shiny, new and exciting. You just can't get those feelings back, and no matter how good these new classic servers are they can't turn back time.

I've been a prot paladin since WoW was first launched, and back in vanilla I wasn't allowed to tank anything. Hybrids were a thing, and some specs just couldn't compete with the pure classes. There were a lot of bad design choices back then, and Blizzard have learned an awful lot over the past decade. I would hope the new classic servers take full advantage of those lessons and don't just turn out to be a carbon copy of WoW on launch day.
    You do realize that's exactly what people have been crying for? An exact copy of WoW classic. Not on launch day, but a later patch where most of its issues were fixed. There's a reason why 1.12.x is the common used version on private realms, and i'd think blizzard will use the same.

We want a seasoned version of vanilla, whichever they choose, just not something NEW, like people are suggesting dual specs, no repair costs, no arrows, no cost on trainer for skills, boost to 50, complete rebalance of every spec in the game, bla bla. That would just defeat the purpose... just play Legion and BFA for that.

Am I the only one who played classic but also wants nothing changed? Is it too much to just get an exact replication? I don't get why there have to be conveniences.

Yea supposedly just grinding mobs was more efficient exp/hr and there were tons of guides for that sort of thing, but ewww. Was never for me. I'm talking about small gaps, for example, you are level 31 but you cannot get anymore quests until you are level 33. Nothing super game-breaking, but it existed nontheless. There was another one around 52ish iirc, somewhere in the 50's.
    In your thirties (on Alliance side at least) you could quest in Desolace, Thousand Needles a little bit, the Alterac/Arathi/Hillsbrad cluster and Stranglethorn. Between those you could easily get to 40.

Occasionally I'd grind a level or two in Vanilla but that was mostly because I found it easier than heading off to start a new zone in my level range when I was just about to start on the next.

I want to have the exact same experience I had back then without bugs if it's possible, if bugs have to exist who cares I played with them anyway.

99% of all people who demand such and such changes, they never actually played Classic.
    You got some proof of this right? Like some kinda of data that shows those who want changes didn't play Classic? If you do I would love to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fathme View Post
    Am I the only one who played classic but also wants nothing changed? Is it too much to just get an exact replication? I don't get why there have to be conveniences.
    There is a difference in conveniences and broken shit being fixed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    77% of statistics on the Internet are made up.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I played WoW from release date through vanilla and people let nostalgia take control of them. We need quality of life changes or people ARE going to quit after a few months when nostalgia fades and people get bored of content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathme View Post
    No matter how accurate the game, it will NEVER be an exact replication. Do you know why? Because YOU are a better player now than you were when the game came out. Simple fact. The game will be different for you no matter what.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I'd honestly take a guess that 50% of people who claimed to play vanilla on this forum or in game never played vanilla.

99% of all people who demand such and such changes, they never actually played Classic. They are too dumb to understand that people feel nostalgy for old WoW with its graphics, with its pluses AND minuses.
    Can we seriously just calm down, stop pulling stats out of our asses and calling everyone who has a different opinion dumb? It doesn't help your argument at all.

If you want Blizzard to know that you don't want changes, send them that feedback, and be specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No true scotsmen!!!!! Rabel rable!!!
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I'm always amused at how arrogant and/or delusional some of you "purist" vanilla wow players are. You guys so CANNOT fathom that not everyone wants the exact same thing to the point you accuse almost everyone in the "classic but with changes" group of trolling or shitposting. I thought you guys were suppose to be "community orientated" and more accepting. Looks more like you're just another self important elitist group to me.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I started in Wrath, but it is impossible to recreate the classic experience. For one , even if they release the original client, that works on modern OS' and only fix that, the graphics would look at least a little better, as your computer has a MUCH better graphics card then whatever you ran it on back then. On top of that your going to be running it most likely on a widescreen monitor, that will also improve the game play immensely.

I don't know if classic wow supported "Windowed full screen" mode, but most people now have two monitors. Theoretically the average Vanilla player was playing on one 4x3 monitor. That made it harder to look things up, less space on the screen for the UI..etc. So back then you were likely sitting in a basement or your "room" playing wow on your computer, if you had to grind something you listened to music maybe or if you were lucky had a TV near by, but for the most part if you were grinding you were bored. Today sure people grind stuff, but we have Netflix or youtube playing on the other screen, or an internet browser.

People WILL figure it out. They will find out tips, tricks, ways to make money, etc. That being said, my only goal is to level a character to 60 and just explore the old pre-cata world again, as I did in wrath.

What I wonder about is if it is the same, if it is as hard and some of the people that are considered "casuals" DON'T find it as hard as everyone says, I wonder what will happen then? Will people's heads explode?

Deleted

I greatly fear for future of Classic servers if this overly loud minority will screw it for us.

People like them already caused the ruination of old WoW by constantly demanding changes on retail. Why can't they stick to Legion with all its new graphics, security updates, addons' API, homogenized classes and such?

I hope Blizzard won't do half-a**ed job and will actually reconstruct Classic as it was. With original client, original graphics, original UI, original gameplay. THAT one original WoW that veterans miss so much.

And to people who demand changes: go to Legion, you have everything you want there....
    Well as a 1% who played in vanilla I certainly wouldnt care for minor changes such as sending multiple mails or modern auction house functionality