10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Reports are saying the talks are dead. Who knows though? We need F4 in the mcu. Especially the villains.
    Already? Fuck that was over quickly XD
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

Didn’t that happen with Spider-Man too? I don’t think they are actually dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we'll find out in a few months when the X-men turn up to save everyone at the end of Infinity wars XD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    *plays xmen cartoon theme*

spider-man talk only happened because of the sony hack. amy pascal was about to get fired so she personally made the deal which is why despite being fired she still is in all the promotion for the movies, because its a deal between her and feige and marvel and shes written specifically in the contract.

if the hack had never happened spider-man would still be at sony, pascal would still be in charge of sony, and theyd still be trying to fuck their way into some money by rebooting and remaking and fucking over any franchise they can get their hands on. the main japanese branch of sony wanted to straight up shut down the film branch and have no more sony pictures at all.

something similar would need to happen to fox, either that or disney would have to pay ALOT of money for it. this is another big difference between spider-man and x-men. fox gets a percentage of ALL x-men merchandise related to film characters which is why you dont see x-men in video games, or on shirts, or many action figures or busts anymore because part of that will go to fox. meanwhile marvel retains ALL merchandising rights to spider-man which is why even during the amazing spider-man movies marvel pumped out a ton of merch and always had spider-man toys.

sony deal is a win win for marvel, they get a shit ton of money from spidey merch, their movies make more money because spider-man is in them, and their comics and tv shows with spider-man get even more publicity as spider-man remains in the mainstream limelight and is critically praised under their guidance.

a fox deal would be marvel spending alot of money to potentially make their money back over time via x-men merchandise. which is what disney did with star wars but star wars is such a huge global phenom they made their money back before a force awakens even premiered for both the cost of the movies production AND the 4 billion they spent buying the ip just in TOYS

if they spent billions on fox their roi wouldnt be made nearly that fast

- - - Updated - - -

dont get me wrong, im not saying its impossible. this is disney. alot of things were said to be impossible and they made it happen.

im just saying, dont trust anything like this until there is concrete definitive proof, and even then be wary and doubtful

- - - Updated - - -

another thing that needs to be considered is whether or not such a deal would even be ALLOWED by the government.

disney is already huge, owning ALL of foxes ip's and properties as well may be a deal they dont approve
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    spider-man talk only happened because of the sony hack. amy pascal was about to get fired so she personally made the deal which is why despite being fired she still is in all the promotion for the movies, because its a deal between her and feige and marvel and shes written specifically in the contract.

if the hack had never happened spider-man would still be at sony, pascal would still be in charge of sony, and theyd still be trying to fuck their way into some money by rebooting and remaking and fucking over any franchise they can get their hands on. the main japanese branch of sony wanted to straight up shut down the film branch and have no more sony pictures at all.

something similar would need to happen to fox, either that or disney would have to pay ALOT of money for it. this is another big difference between spider-man and x-men. fox gets a percentage of ALL x-men merchandise related to film characters which is why you dont see x-men in video games, or on shirts, or many action figures or busts anymore because part of that will go to fox. meanwhile marvel retains ALL merchandising rights to spider-man which is why even during the amazing spider-man movies marvel pumped out a ton of merch and always had spider-man toys.

sony deal is a win win for marvel, they get a shit ton of money from spidey merch, their movies make more money because spider-man is in them, and their comics and tv shows with spider-man get even more publicity as spider-man remains in the mainstream limelight and is critically praised under their guidance.

a fox deal would be marvel spending alot of money to potentially make their money back over time via x-men merchandise. which is what disney did with star wars but star wars is such a huge global phenom they made their money back before a force awakens even premiered for both the cost of the movies production AND the 4 billion they spent buying the ip just in TOYS

if they spent billions on fox their roi wouldnt be made nearly that fast

- - - Updated - - -

dont get me wrong, im not saying its impossible. this is disney. alot of things were said to be impossible and they made it happen.

im just saying, dont trust anything like this until there is concrete definitive proof, and even then be wary and doubtful
    A lot of money is in the cards, 20-30 billion to be specific. I imagine that's more than just movie rights though, it probably includes merchandise and amusement park stuff. I'm not sure fox is worth it though. X-Men, F4, Blue Sky studios, the Alien series, Avatar..... it'd be a very long period of time before they start making a profit I bet but that's to expected. I wouldn't be surprised if the Marvel acquisition for $4.3 billion was made with the expectation that it'd take more than a few years to pay off but so far Marvel movies have made 13 billion for Disney less costs and the initial buyout price. Likewise Star Wars only cost them 4 billion and Rogue One and TFA have already made them ~2 billion profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    With a note to the US government blocking the move, this is why its been reported that Disney is only looking to purchase certain parts of Fox.

I highly doubt Disney would let a coup like this slip through there hands on a government technicality.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2017-11-07 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    The talks were dead at the time of reporting, but that doesn't get people riled up and talking. Poor journalism and audience fact-checking all around.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I got kind of an annoying question about Ragnarok that I haven't been able to answer by googling around. As Hella is walking through Odin's vault, she makes some one-liners about the objects in there. The object before the Tesseract looks like a larger blue cube, I think she says something about it being shitty, what is this? I was able to find an item called the Cosmic Cube on the Wiki page, but according to that page in terms of the movies universe the Cosmic Cubs and the Tesseract are on the in the same, yet clearly in this scene there are the 2 separate objects, the Tesseract being the smaller second cube.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmic_Cube

It's probably not relevant to anything, but these movies are usually pretty good with these types of things so I'm just curious what they were trying to show here. Also, I really think one of the post credit scenes should have shown Loki using the Tesseract to get on the spaceship. I mean we already know he grabbed it, but he was totally MIA between putting the crown on the flame and the explosion, the only way he could have just appeared on the spaceship was with the Tesseract, seems like it would have been a perfect credit scene for tying up a loose end and showing Loki being mischievous again.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2017-11-07 at 07:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    So I got kind of an annoying question about Ragnarok that I haven't been able to answer by googling around. As Hella is walking through Odin's vault, she makes some one-liners about the objects in there. The object before the Tesseract looks like a larger blue cube, I think she says something about it being shitty, what is this? I was able to find an item called the Cosmic Cube on the Wiki page, but according to that page in terms of the movies universe the Cosmic Cubs and the Tesseract are on the in the same, yet clearly in this scene there are the 2 separate objects, the Tesseract being the smaller second cube.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmic_Cube

It's probably not relevant to anything, but these movies are usually pretty good with these types of things so I'm just curious what they were trying to show here. Also, I really think one of the post credit scenes should have shown Loki using the Tesseract to get on the spaceship. I mean we already know he grabbed it, but he was totally MIA between putting the crown on the flame and the explosion, the only way he could have just appeared on the spaceship was with the Tesseract, seems like it would have been a perfect credit scene for tying up a loose end and showing Loki being mischievous again.
    It's the cube that Odin took from the Frost Giants back in Thor 1 I thought?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *plays xmen cartoon theme*

The most bad ass theme of all animated cartoons EVER! :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Actually, Taika spoke on this directly and said it's simply because her schedule didn't work with the movie from her filming Blindspot in NYC. Otherwise, she would have been in it. And Feige said that it's good she wasn't there, otherwise she would be dead. So while it's not some official confirmation, it shows that his mind agrees her character is worth exploring in a future movie if they have a good idea for it.

More specifically, I bet he sees her being fem Thor. Would work pretty well tbh.
    May we'll get a Sif/Beta-Ray Bill team-up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    A lot of money is in the cards, 20-30 billion to be specific. I imagine that's more than just movie rights though, it probably includes merchandise and amusement park stuff. I'm not sure fox is worth it though. X-Men, F4, Blue Sky studios, the Alien series, Avatar..... it'd be a very long period of time before they start making a profit I bet but that's to expected. I wouldn't be surprised if the Marvel acquisition for $4.3 billion was made with the expectation that it'd take more than a few years to pay off but so far Marvel movies have made 13 billion for Disney less costs and the initial buyout price. Likewise Star Wars only cost them 4 billion and Rogue One and TFA have already made them ~2 billion profit.
    Disney are more interested in Fox's TV series than the movies, they want something to bulk out the Disney streaming service.

I do find the fact that Disney looking to buy a huge company like 20th Century Fox mostly only triggers people talking about "zomg X-Men in MCU" to be pretty sad.

It took Thor and friends all of two seconds on Asgard to figure our where everyone was hiding based on heat signatures, but Hela can't figure out where everyone is in what was presumably a few weeks time.

Why would Thor put the skull crown in the same vault as the Eternal Flame when the two combined cause Ragnarok. Why not give the helm to the collector so someone who hates Asgard can't immediately destroy it?

Those are my two biggest complaints off the top of my head.

Does Thor get a new weapon?

If not, mjolnir must be coming back with some time travel shenanigans. Lots of Avengers 4 pictures popping up that seem to indicate time travel.
    New and IMPROVED Im sure, Merchandising merchandising, MERCHANDISING!!!
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch View Post
    It took Thor and friends all of two seconds on Asgard to figure our where everyone was hiding based on heat signatures, but Hela can't figure out where everyone is in what was presumably a few weeks time.

Why would Thor put the skull crown in the same vault as the Eternal Flame when the two combined cause Ragnarok. Why not give the helm to the collector so someone who hates Asgard can't immediately destroy it?

To the second one, Thor probably doesn't know any better. He wasn't the one to bring the Aether to the Collector. Also, there was little reason to assume somebody who knew about it would be able to break into the vault and then would cause Ragnarok on the realm that they are located themselves. The danger of having two infinity stones at the same place was because it would make it more likely that people would want to invade Asgard.

you know, i didnt think of that.

although, it can also be asked why asgardians use swords and melee weapons when everyone else in the galaxy has fucking guns and lazers
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Reports are saying the talks are dead. Who knows though? We need F4 in the mcu. Especially the villains.
    I'd give my left leg for a Dr Doom in the MCU.

Also the FF could be fantastic if they were given the Guardians / Thor 3 treatment. If you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Odin keeps all manner of universe-destroying stuff in that vault. That's Odin for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    I'd hazard a guess that Mjolnir is re-made by the Infinity Gauntlet in one of the up and coming films. Mjolnir is far too iconic and an essential part of Thor's character for it not to return.
    Also how are we going to have nerdy arguments about who/what can and can't lift it forever if it's destroyed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Overall I really enjoyed Thor 3. Whatever limits were lifted or freedom was given to make this movie as it was, I hope they keep it up. Probably in my top 3 MCU films and whereas I thought a lot of the GotG 2 humor fell flat, I thought it worked a little bit better in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Overall I really enjoyed Thor 3. Whatever limits were lifted or freedom was given to make this movie as it was, I hope they keep it up. Probably in my top 3 MCU films and whereas I thought a lot of the GotG 2 humor fell flat, I thought it worked a little bit better in this one.
    They apparently gave the director a lot of creative freedom, like with the colour and visuals - I hope they keep that up, the main line Avengers and Captain America films have opted for a dull muted look a lot of the time.

Taika Waititi said that they were looking for someone to do a Thor 3 but had no idea for a plot etc, so he put together a demo reel type thing with his vision of it, and put the Immigrant Song over the top. The studio basically said we love it, took the whole thing and even got the rights to the song for the film. Pretty nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.