Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Will you play your Mage on the Classic Realms

Will you roll a mage as your main on the Classic Realms as well as BFA?

I'm going full Metal Mage on both

Yes. I never played Vanilla so I wan't to experience my Mage in that era. Will also probably alt a Rogue still too.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

I played mage Since vanilla, the Vanilla frost mage rotation, if i remember correctly from 12 years ago is frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt, frostbolt... When AQ/Naxx came out, fire finally was a spec and it actually had a 2-3 button rotation. If you pulled more than 1-2 mobs you were dead, although i do miss the simplicity of those days, I think it would bore me to death with the rotation. I will play classic when it comes out just to see if its worth it though.

I wonder if they will keep PvP the way it was though. I remember the good old Pop Everything>Presence of Mind>Pyro>OneShot combos... felt like a god but it did not really make much sense.

I mean it did, 12 years ago. Right now, not so much.

I played mage on Kronos and it was the single best vanilla class to play. The hardest part I had to face was farming the damn trinket from UBRS for few weeks. So yeah, I'm not looking for hard ways, I'm definitely rolling a mage. The only problem I see is if they won't give us dual-spec or super cheap respec cost, I'm stuck with that godawful half-arcane/half frost spec until AQ40...

I've played it as a main since 1.7 patch until TBC and i can say that i wouldn't pick mage as a main again by any chance. Have to buff, everyone sees you like a water matchine since buying food and water back in vanilla was not an option.

And yes, it felt like god with the AP+Pyro+PoM+Pyro but at the end, you see that build only was working when you had the cd up.

So my answer would be no. not in this life.

Definitely an option (I main Mage)
    So far I've dabbled in Mage, Warrior and Warlock on private servers.
    My original (Wrath) character was a Priest.

Nope. Rank 1 Frostbolt, Fireblast, miss, frostbolt, Arcane missiles, frostbolt, Miss, Frost nova, Mana gem, run away couple metres, repeat ect. Been there, done that, no thanks.

I probably will go pally, not mage.
    Does anyone else remember being 100% - 0% before getting a cast off by a hunters Pet under Beastial Wrath.

no thanks

Fuck to the yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

i played mage trough vanilla and rogue ... Its a great choice, you have no idea how big of a deal portals are ... And food. Also frost is great, and you can spec into aoe grinding.

Pom pyro was actually at its peak during tbc, but it was a good spec pvp wise in vanilla aswell.
    0.5sec frostbolts ftw

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No way. Leveling mage was painful in vanilla. Pull mob. Drink. Pull mob. Drink x infinity

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a mage in TBC, so I probably won't. And for one reason. Many times.

FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt

This also happens to be pretty much your entire rotation for literally any combat until like AQ40/Naxx when you have enough gear to support fire. I guess maybe throw down a Blizzard. I know Vanilla classes aren't exactly interesting, but the amount of time mages spend casting the same spell is astonishing.

I know theres like Frost Nova and stuff, but you get what I'm sayin'.

100% solely for PVP

Depends, mages were pretty OP in vanilla for farming. If that's still the case I might.

I 100% doubt Classic will be exactly as it was in Vanilla, there may even be balance changes to make it more accessible for some of the weaker class/specs. I'll wait and see how things change before deciding on a main.

Deleted
    Hell yes, if only because of burst, threat and invisibility

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck View Post
    100% solely for PVP
    Rogue, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I played a mage in TBC, so I probably won't. And for one reason. Many times.

FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt FrostboltFrostboltFrostboltFrostbolt

This also happens to be pretty much your entire rotation for literally any combat until like AQ40/Naxx when you have enough gear to support fire. I guess maybe throw down a Blizzard. I know Vanilla classes aren't exactly interesting, but the amount of time mages spend casting the same spell is astonishing.

I know theres like Frost Nova and stuff, but you get what I'm sayin'.
    This!

People that didnt play vanilla or have some fucked up memory of the horror apparently dont remember this SHIT............... also Frostbolt!

Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    I wonder if they will keep PvP the way it was though. I remember the good old Pop Everything>Presence of Mind>Pyro>OneShot combos... felt like a god but it did not really make much sense.

I mean it did, 12 years ago. Right now, not so much.
    Have you done any world PVP in Legion? Feels the same to me.

Deleted
    If I don't need another subscription? Sure will, loved having spell ranks and a metric ton of different spells. Sure the PvE is rather dull, but PvP was a blast. Also, old talents!

Yes, a Mage was my second level 60. I regret not having one first and primary for the duration of Classic.