Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Horde has bit hit hard yeah. But this isn't exactly the first time the Horde's been hit. No matter how many times the Horde takes a dive we rise back up and learn from the suffering we endured.

Liiiiiiike a Phoenix~

Garrosh was a lesson in Leadership. Battle for Undercity was a lesson of Obersavation. Warlords of Draenor was a lesson of don't let Garrosh time travel.
    The Horde is slowly growing back in strength after the events of Siege and despite the losses from the Broken Shore (which was honestly both sides) and the coming Battle for Lordaeron we'll still endure. Time and time again the Horde has proven to be equal and even at times stronger than the Alliance's. Vice versa with the Alliance.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    The reason I think the Alliance is getting big spotlight and great military pride restored is due to the fact that they were casted in the shadows for a long time.
    I do agree to some extent. As Horde player, I have to admit that having the Alliance of Lordaeron completely obliterated in Warcraft III, while not having the Alliance of Stormwind mentioned at all throughout the whole game is kind of bad for a player that roots for the Alliance. But in no way do I agree about having a faction war expansion end with one faction winning. I had enough of internal conflicts, civil wars and major character deaths for the Horde side. (This doesn't mean that the Alliance should necessarily have those, just that the Horde shouldn't anymore). And even if the Horde "wins" (which it won't) in BfA, I will facepalm myself harder than Saurfang uppercut Anduin in the cinematic, for Blizzard deciding to give victory to one faction.

Not going to say more, but Forsaken, one of the main forces of Horde with warchief being their leader, don't have any future after Genn+Syvlanas affair, and after all this wars/civil wars/skimirshes...don't look so good for them (starting an undead in 3, 2, 1...).

P.D: I like what I see btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    The Horde is slowly growing back in strength after the events of Siege and despite the losses from the Broken Shore (which was honestly both sides) and the coming Battle for Lordaeron we'll still endure. Time and time again the Horde has proven to be equal and even at times stronger than the Alliance's. Vice versa with the Alliance.
    That's what I'm talking about. Every forsaken killed in the Broken Shore/Any skirmish/Any civil war/any war can't be replaced. It's not the same killing 1 human soldier than 1 undead.
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2017-11-13 at 12:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinus View Post
    Honestly, lets have a recap, and if u have any on the Alliance side, please post:
    1- Vanilla nothing really big happens
    2- TBC as well, we got reinforced by each 1 faction that is relatively weak [ in terms of numbers and contrinutions ].
    3- WotLK the Horde side, specifically the Forsaken have a civil war, with BOTH Alliance and Horde sieging it. I think the Horde lost big time here. Since we dont know what is cannon in the Gunship battle, and even if Alliance lost it, it isnt a big deal.
    4- Cata there were lots of skirmishes, but i dont remember anything really specific that i would say were huge losses.
    5- MoP.....hummmm here it gets interesting. Okay we lost Theramore and lots of big peeps there, but only served that the Horde lost Dalaran support. Then Horde gets a civil was AGAIN! Both factions siege Orgrimmar, cant say that isnt a big loss.
    6- WoD i dont remember anything specifically.
    7- Legion, we all lost, but idont think one lost more than the other.
    And now with BoA, Alliance loose another small city, while the Horde looses a big one.
    So with that in mind, am I wrong to say taht the Horde should be a lot weaker than Alliance?
    ps: A forgot to mention that Garrosh even got his ass kicked in the novels, but aside from that i dont rmemeber much from it.
    While the power has gone back and forth from vanilla to cata, Horde became the clear weak faction after MoP with the loss of Garroshes Horde. Alot of Soldiers went with Garrosh and most of the Horde was left devastated after the fall of Garrosh.

WoD gave enough time for the Horde to gather themselfs and when they went to war in Legion, they were a strong faction force, but nothing compared to the alliance. The thing is that Legion have brought more losses to the Alliance then the Horde. The Alliance lost one of their big acesses in Legion, the skyship and like the Horde, ships and troops where lost on the Broken Shore.

As of Legion 7.3, i think it is clear to say, that the Horde is still weaker then the Alliance, but not as much as after MoP. Yet i don't think it is enough to determined a war on its own.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    While the power has gone back and forth from vanilla to cata, Horde became the clear weak faction after MoP with the loss of Garroshes Horde. Alot of Soldiers went with Garrosh and most of the Horde was left devastated after the fall of Garrosh.

WoD gave enough time for the Horde to gather themselfs and when they went to war in Legion, they were a strong faction force, but nothing compared to the alliance. The thing is that Legion have brought more losses to the Alliance then the Horde. The Alliance lost one of their big acesses in Legion, the skyship and like the Horde, ships and troops where lost on the Broken Shore.

As of Legion 7.3, i think it is clear to say, that the Horde is still weaker then the Alliance, but not as much as after MoP. Yet i don't think it is enough to determined a war on its own.
    Probably because of beeing weaker still is why we are taking the bastion that is undercity. In the beggining of the cinematic we are overruning UC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinus View Post
    Probably because of beeing weaker still is why we are taking the bastion that is undercity. In the beggining of the cinematic we are overruning UC.
    We will proberly be given a clear reason why the Horde loses UC and i can already promise you right now, that it won't be because the Alliance is just overall more strong. It will have something to do with Anduin having a trick up his sleeve or Sylvanas not being supported by the entire Horde. Blizzard likes to give clear victors in their fights, like "this guy clearly won because of THIS!".

So while it is already quite clear, why the Alliance would win in a confrontation, it is yet to be seen what Blizzard will explain the alliances victory with.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    -orcs reproduce (a lot) faster then humans.
    -orcs are fully grown and combat ready at age 12, vs 16+ for humans
    -orcs are more natural fighters and require less training and equipment.
    -a larger percentage of the orc population is in the army due to warrior culture.
    -1 orc > 1 human on average
    -there is more time in between expansions lorewise.

orcs is one of those races that evolved in a hard to survive place with little resources, so when they get to a easy place with a lot of resources their population booms fast.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-11-13 at 06:02 PM.

It can't.

Blizzard had to make 2/3rds of the Alliance neutral or vacant.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    without the blood elves, mists of pandaria wouldve began and ended differently as it was the reliquary that uncovered the mogu artifacts that led to the heart of yshaarj, and aethas sunreaver that let the saboteurs through portals in dalaran

without the draenei, good luck getting to argus. and the legion wins

on topic: the alliance lost much more of a high priority city. Most of the undercity's value is underground, and can be evacuated via the sewer drains that lead out of the hub. Teldrassil has one entrance/exit. good luck getting one of the most populated races out of a small hole while flaming chunks of world tree are raining down on them
    oh yeah I forgot the Alliance lost the Dranei capital in Legion. It balances out mop a lot more now to see the alliance just lose a huge chunk of change with no trade. Though to be fair the Horde started out as the remains of the outlands invasion. So pretty much nothing and made a life out of it. The Alliance are on the other end as the rich kids who keep loosing their inheritance.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    Teldrassil has one entrance/exit. good luck getting one of the most populated races out of a small hole while flaming chunks of world tree are raining down on them
    You do realize that everyone up there can just get on flying mounts and leave, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is because Alliance has never been united under a common cause. Like Genn Graymane who sat out the second War because he didn't feel his worgen kingdom needed to help out the Menethil and Lordaeron. When Theramore got wrecked by Garrosh, the rest of the alliance sat out; which is why Jaina left the Council of Six and teleported back home to Kul'tiras at the start of Legion.

Thrall united the Horde under one banner. Before him the orc Warchief was just the Warchief of all the Orcs. The Taurens, Trolls and Forsaken all had their own leaders who fought local battles against Alliance. Thrall brought them all together under the enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend moto. And Sylvanas played a major role later to bring the Blood Elves under the Horde allegiance, since she always felt guilty in having failed to defend Quel'Thalas against the scourge (she was Ranger-general of Silvermoon in life).

Man for man, the Alliance is always larger than the Horde. The Horde was always about survival. Horde is basically a bunch of outcasts, considered mongrels by racists and snobbish human and night elves, who decided to band together for survival.

In a full blown War, I dont think the Horde stands a chance as it is right now; but we can always thank the alliance for dissension in ranks and internal betrayals for the Horde to pull through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Felfadeum, reread what I mentioned word for word. They didnt have Teldrassil until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    This is why

Power word "no,no,no fuck you" is pretty op. The horde cant actually kill anyone unless hes taken out of a battle it seems..

Operation: Kill the pretty blonde kid first

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Because every single person in the Horde pulls their weight. Many of their races are usually tougher in combat, and they breed faster too. combined with the Empire of Zandalar, the Nightborne and Highmountain, the Horde might have superior, or much closer numbers now.

From a story point, neither side would have any manpower left realistically.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    You do realize that everyone up there can just get on flying mounts and leave, right?
    You dont understand things form a lore perspective flying mounts are extremely extremely rare. Like insanely rare. We from a game play perspective dont abide by that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    Horde needs to embrace the fact they are supposed to be the "bad guy big uglies" faction and just get on with it.
    They have never been that maybe at most when they were fel tainted but even from the perspective of playing them in the wc campaigns they were not bad guys.

Some people in this thread have a hard time grasping that the numbers you see in game don't really indicate how the numbers are in lore.
    Also, I don't really know how the horde can keep up.
    They started in a vast majority in vanilla.
    They got blood elves in TBC which also wasn't much. They were outcasts just like the other races.
    Few Dk's added in wrath, but civil war in the undercity, that might have caused some undead casualties (those can't reproduce, so its a FAT -)
    Cataclysm: Somehow they managed to get a stronger presence in the world when they only got some goblins added to their faction.
    MoP: Faction war. Horde loses a ton because of civil war. Loses a fuckton of orcs (main bulk of the horde)
    WoD: As much lore development as there was content (none)
    Legion: Big losses due to legion invasion and broken shore
    BFA: Can rival the unified Alliance (who didnt lose much since cata) .... wat.

Its pretty strongly implied that the Alliance could beat the Horde in a war. We'll have to wait and see how the writers justify it.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    Its pretty strongly implied that the Alliance could beat the Horde in a war. We'll have to wait and see how the writers justify it.
    Varian guessed it would have taken years of fighting just to secure lordaeron, and Take Thunder bluff. Hell in BFA the Alliance don't even settle in Tirisfal, they move back to Arathi.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol