Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Before the Storm Delayed, Developer Interviews, Blue Tweets, DLC #607

Card Design Competition Season 6 - The Grand Finale!

Christie Golden's Before the Storm Delayed
    Christie Golden's upcoming novel Before the Storm has been delayed until June 12, 2018. It was originally scheduled to release on May 15, 2018.

Amazon doesn't have the official cover art yet, but it was posted on Twitter. The book description was updated, but you can see the original description here.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    An all-new, official prequel novel to The Battle for Azeroth, Blizzard Entertainment’s next expansion to the critically acclaimed World of Warcraft.

In Before the Storm, Anduin Wrynn, king of Stormwind, and Sylvanas Windrunner, warchief of the Horde, are new to their positions of power, both ascending before they were truly prepared. As the Alliance and the Horde struggle to recover from the devastating war with the demonic Burning Legion, a terrible discovery will test both leaders, threatening to reignite the bitter enmity between their factions and shake the very foundations of the world of Azeroth.

Developer Interviews
    We're continuing to take a look at new information from the BlizzCon developer interviews. Automatic Jak talked to Sigma at Blizzcon 2017.

• The team went into Legion knowing that they might have to revisit some of the classes that received major changes once player feedback was collected.
    • There most likely will not be complete class revamps again any time soon.
    • Mythic dungeons are a great way to show off each class’s unique toolkit.
    • The team likes classes having unique abilities.
    • Going forward a big question is what unique abilities each class should have.
    • The team wants to spread out class strength and weaknesses more.
    • Utility will be spread out and balanced more in the future.
    • Everyone should feel like they have some sort of cooldown to help them survive.
    • The best thing the team can do to help showcase unique abilities is to have more variety in dungeon encounters.
    • Talent tweaks and the future of the class artifact abilities are being looked at moving forward.
    • The passive health increase on Artifact Weapons was essentially to also help healers heal into a set of players with higher health pools who take more damage that stays balanced with the amount of healing done.
    • Thorns and other design elements are being experimented with more to counter the issue of healing getting boring as players get stronger.
    • The team is pretty happy with where raid cooldowns are at now.
    • Steady damage is important to the design of healing in encounters.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Vol'jin status: still dead, not letting that stop him (Muffinus)

Thanks all for another incredible BlizzCon full of excitement and hugs. I love this community so much! (Celestalon)
    Was talking back stage with one of the convention organizers, who works on several big conventions... he said something that made me think. (Celestalon)
    "You look at big cons like ComicCon, E3, GamesCom, ChinaJoy... those are for hundreds of games/things. BlizzCon is for 5 games [franchises]" (Celestalon)
    "BlizzCon matches them in scale (with the new North Hall), with just 5 games. It's incredible.", he said. (Celestalon)
    It really is incredible. It's because of the people. The community. The FAMILY. I am so honored to have the privilege to contribute to it. (Celestalon)

In a creative industry, it's valuable to let your creatives take some time every cycle to work on whatever they're passionate about. (Muffinus)
    WoW's level designers took on crafting the oceans of Broken Isles as a fun project once pencils were down for most of the world. (Muffinus)
    I'd encourage everyone to take a swim, you'll find all kinds of cool little moments, and giant pearls, and salty krakens, and passion/love. (Muffinus)
    Plus it drives the Secret Finding Discord nuts so, bonus (Muffinus)

I would consider everyone a creative - designers, artists, engineers can be creative, even producers with their multi-colored spreadsheets! (Muffinus)
    Did you know that Gull Rock in Stormheim was created by a producer that wanted to see what would happen if he learned to add seagulls? (Muffinus)
    The result was a LOT of seagulls, who were then eaten by Falcosaurs. Never forget the look he gave me when I told him they ate his seagulls (Muffinus)
    A combination of unfathomable sadness and "did you have time for that, let me consult my spreadsheet" (Muffinus)

Dark Legacy Comics #607
    DLC #607 has been released.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The team wants to spread out class strength and weaknesses more."

Basically: if you're a Rogue you'll be fine; anything else depends.

Deleted
    DLC is wrong. There supposed to be Nomi starting fire.

"Everyone should feel like they have some sort of cooldown to help them survive."

Then why does my Shadow Priest only have something that barely reduces damage taken while silencing me for the whole duration ?

Hope they'll put Dispersion back to 90+% damage reduction with the removal of the 2 artifact passives that will render it perfectly useless otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    DLC is wrong. There supposed to be Nomi starting fire.
    Gigz is just taking advantage of the convenient fire, she didn't start it. It was always burning.

dlc is a fail..

no night elf would ever be happy for the upcoming burning teldrassil..

for me, this is the second greatest fail from blizzard after the old world change in cata..
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2017-11-13 at 11:44 AM.

You want a feedback? Here is one: completely delete ALL your work on Bfa, and work on a TRUE expansion, the ONLY expansion that can follow Legion: focus on the Old Gods, and not a artificial war between the two factons who will lead to nothing more than the most massive failure in the Wow history. Yes, Bfa WILL BE A FAILURE, worse than Wod, it is already written.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    dlc is a fail..

She's human. You are confusing her character with her person.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    You want a feedback? Here is one: completely delete ALL your work on Bfa, and work on a TRUE expansion, the ONLY expansion that can follow Legion: focus on the Old Gods, and not a artificial war between the two factons who will lead to nothing more than the most massive failure in the Wow history. Yes, Bfa WILL BE A FAILURE, worse than Wod, it is already written.
    Then we'd deal with all our villains in 2 expansions. What else would their be? It's important to develop the characters and stories we have now so there's some breadth. Otherwise we'd just be dealing with the same thing over and over again, just skinned differently.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Who's saying there won't be old gods?

The premise sounds a lot like MoP, and that ended with Garrosh getting corrupted by Y'Shaarj.
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    dlc is a fail..

for me, this is the second greatest fail from blizzard after the old world change in cata..
    "everything is a fail cause i dont like it"

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Then we'd deal with all our villains in 2 expansions. What else would their be? It's important to develop the characters and stories we have now so there's some breadth. Otherwise we'd just be dealing with the same thing over and over again, just skinned differently.
    But isn't that what BfA is essentially? A reskin of the Horde instigates a war, alliance reacts plot of MoP? And then both sides go on to recruit the locals and set up a presence on the new continent? Also I'm not sure if it's character or story development if they completely drop the Genn and Sylvanas story thread in Stormheim then suddenly set us up a Garrosh by making Sylvanas, who was working with Varian in the opening cinematic of Legion, have sudden desires to conquer Stormwind as opposed to supporting her people as she always has in a book no less. Not to mention Teldrassil being razed out of nowhere and Anduin suddenly becoming a Warrior-priest hybrid out of nowhere. That's more like let's make huge story leaps with little to no build up as it's easier for us that way.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    She's human. You are confusing her character with her person.
    I thought WOW was an RPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    But isn't that what BfA is essentially? A reskin of the Horde instigates a war, alliance reacts plot of MoP? And then both sides go on to recruit the locals and set up a presence on the new continent? Also I'm not sure if it's character or story development if they completely drop the Genn and Sylvanas story thread in Stormheim then suddenly set us up a Garrosh by making Sylvanas, who was working with Varian in the opening cinematic of Legion, have sudden desires to conquer Stormwind as opposed to supporting her people as she always has in a book no less. Not to mention Teldrassil being razed out of nowhere and Anduin suddenly becoming a Warrior-priest hybrid out of nowhere. That's more like let's make huge story leaps with little to no build up as it's easier for us that way.
    Then isn't WC2 just a reskin of WC1 with the Horde starting a war?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Then isn't WC2 just a reskin of WC1 with the Horde starting a war?
    Possibly, does it have a lot of the same plot points and similar events happen?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Possibly, does it have a lot of the same plot points and similar events happen?
    Orcs bad guys, attack first. Humans good guys, defend their land from evil. Orcs ultimately lose due to infighting and betrayal from within. It wasn't until WC3 that orcs were anything but always chaotic evil bloodthirsty monsters.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Haha, this is SOOOOO a lore change incoming.. either a change or an extra addition. Or both.

I think it's going to be a change in one of the following.

1. Who attacked first and why
    2. Void elf lore change
    3. Night elves are going to be written to do something

I'm willing to bet 100% the alliance fan boys are pissed off at the treatment of the alliance elves and non-human races they are going to emphasize their role and tweak it to pander to them. I bet this is it.

There most likely will not be complete class revamps again any time soon.
    Well that's a relieve! I've had to many of my at the time favorite class change for the worse with a new expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I thought WOW was an RPG?
    But not every server is RP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Gigz has always been a Night Elf.
    Played a Night Elf character.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Haha, this is SOOOOO a lore change incoming.. either a change or an extra addition. Or both.

I think it's going to be a change in one of the following.

1. Who attacked first and why
    2. Void elf lore change
    3. Night elves are going to be written to do something

I'm willing to bet 100% the alliance fan boys are pissed off at the treatment of the alliance elves and non-human races they are going to emphasize their role and tweak it to pander to them. I bet this is it.
    And the horde "fanboys" would not also throw a hissy fit if the same thing happened to them??