HIdden problem of classic wow

So some of us remember, and some of you have played classic in other ways lately. But I seem to recall classic wow being very addictive, a lot worse than modern.

Will we see a new age of divorces, lost jobs and vitamin D deficiency with new classic servers?

Deleted
    What do you mean will we see? I've filed for divorce already. #thinkingahead

"A lot worse than modern".

Chalk that down to the massive timesinks, bruv.
    But seeing as how there's so much information and knowledge on the game now compared to back then, and the fact that these servers will forever remain in Classic, people won't have to play 24/7 to finish it. They can take their time.

Even Private Classic servers have that sense of urgency due to the fact that the players can never be sure if the server will be shutdown. Won't be a factor on Official servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    So some of us remember, and some of you have played classic in other ways lately. But I seem to recall classic wow being very addictive, a lot worse than modern.

Will we see a new age of divorces, lost jobs and vitamin D deficiency with new classic servers?
    Nah, the game is only addictive to some, mostly people unable to take things in moderation.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Classic wow was addictive because it was new. Reintroducing the classic wow doesn't make it new.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just realised this shit is going to end up just like GW2. I come and go from that game every year or so and I'm right back where I was decently geared and able to do most of the shit in the game. I can even grind a bit more story and such in that game but with this, I can just work on whatever raid level I was in the last time I played without any pressure or worry about gear at all, assuming I have grinded a bit the last time I played. I might hit it up again every 6 months or so when bored of current content the same way I do with League or Heroes and rage because the meta shifted while I stopped playing.

I never really thought about it like that and it's a plus to me for vanilla.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

That mostly came with the hype of discovering the game and not knowing where to go or what to do. All of that will be completely absent in Classic.
    Also the game has been less addictive because we've been playing it for so long, it's not fresh and enchanting like it was back then for everyone. The game itself wasn't addicting as much as our own perception of it and the time we had compared to today. If anything, Legion is far more addictive than vanilla because there's more to do and we're lured in by never ending progression.
    In vanilla the only thing that made people play nonstop was the necessity of farming mats and shit for raiding, other than that it was just people struggling cuz everything was slow but there wasn't more to do, it's just that everything was so slow it was more time consuming while doing way less than today.

Your wife will be happy when she knows you have something worthy to fight for.

When she asks: "What you play now?", she won't say "lol, nub" like when you played Legion.

What does that even mean?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Classic wow was addictive because it was new. Reintroducing the classic wow doesn't make it new.
    Just like heroine, it was addictive when it was new. But not anymore, now its just a kid stuff. Those heroine users really need to take the rose tinted needles out from their arms and get on with the times.

The game was so much better back when it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Just like heroine, it was addictive when it was new. But not anymore, now its just a kid stuff. Those heroine users really need to take the rose tinted needles out from their arms and get on with the times.
    Heroine is addictive because of the different substances in it. Pretty retarded comparison.

That was a result of being new and will not be the same, can promise you that.

The best thing i am waiting for is many of the same people that have been crying for classic servers all this time are also the same ones who were crying about not being able to fly.... You can see how that will turn out fun