Thread: RIP World PvP

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    Literally the opposite of improving wpvp?? Where is the logic
    Considering you'll have more people to play PvP against/with than ever before, yes it is an improvement.
    Unless you like ganking lowbies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Even with crap rewards, the people who want to WPVP will do and the people who don't want to won't. It may convince a few people to give it a go but otherwise it'll only be people who are wanting to WPVP. As a result everyone WPVPing will not only be put together (meaning more people to PVP with) but will only be fighting people who want to fight back. So the only people who are going to be upset about this change are gankers who can't PVP against people their own level so thrive off killing low levels and people who only enjoy WPVP because their realm is unbalanced to favour them and they're losing their advantage.

Basically everyone who wants to WPVP fairly will enjoy this change and get a much more fun experience from it and the others can suck it up. I personally have played on both PVP and PVE servers and currently am on a PVE server but I know I will turn on PVP from time to time once this change hits and I'm sure there are many people like me. So yes while there may not be the same number of "Targets" there will most likely be a much higher overall number of people actively taking part in WPVP once this change goes live. It's amazing how much more people are willing to get involved in something when they're not constantly forced into it.

Also the arguement of "Everyone will just turn off PVP so there'll be no-one taking part" is so stupid. The only people who think that's a genuine issue are people who have no idea how sharding works and the don't know number of people that do actually do WPVP (Hint: It's a lot). Not to mention as I said before, people like me who can't currently take part in WPVP will be joining in so there's actually a much higher potential number of players to add to the WPVP pool than there was before from just the PVP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    So those of us who knowingly picked PvP servers get screwed because of your negligence?
    How are you getting screwed?
    Not only do you get improved WPvP, but you also get more rewards for doing it.

Only way this change is bad for PvP is if you like to 1shot low lvl people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    How are you getting screwed?
    Not only do you get improved WPvP, but you also get more rewards for doing it.

Only way this change is bad for PvP is if you like to 1shot low lvl people.
    Gankers make a huge portion of world pvpers after all. There's going to be a lot of salt
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    Gankers make a huge portion of world pvpers after all. There's going to be a lot of salt
    That is not WPVP, that is satisfying their altered, suppressed ego. For that, I can send them lots of salts so PM me if you want any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    They said that you'll get better rewards for going out while under pvp. This means more pvp.
    That depends entirely on what those rewards are... If they aren't worth it, they aren't worth it... Hopefully they will actually be worth it.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-13 at 07:49 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

World PVP as in spontaneous combat between players in the world in various zones has never really and truly been supported by Blizzard. And when players came up with spontaneous PVP in places like Southshore and the Crossroads, Blizzard eventually killed that kind of PVP by the creation of battlegrounds (instances) because their servers couldn't handle the load of all those players in one place at one time. To this day that has been the core issue behind all the workarounds blizzard has put in place since Vanilla for WPVP. So in that sense it has been dead since vanilla because technically Blizzard never created the technology to support it. All the "solutions" they have come up with since have only made it worse, which is all related to instances. Battlegrounds was the first solution but strictly capped the numbers of players involved. But those are instances and have no real world impact outside of said instance, even though many of the early battlegrounds were insanely popular. Then came CRZ which spontaneously put players on shared server instances to make areas seem more popular. This destroyed WPVP even more by introducing random players from different realms into the world. Hard to maintain rivalries and friendships in that context. And now this, which is basically designed to cover for the fact that WOW no longer has the player base it once had so they cover it up by merging servers. This is just another way of merging players across realms to make zones seem more "populated" when they really aren't. And while some may like this kind of "anonymous" zerg PVP it really isn't the same as WPVP as in open world spontaneous combat which is supported from the ground up with technology, resources, achievements and rewards. The last time blizzard had that is when you could invade the opposing factions capital cities and kill their bosses...... And given the theme of the next expansion they should be building on that theme, such as attacking specific NPCs in specific faction outposts like a random rare faction boss or some sort of thing. But I doubt that is going to happen. And yes, the implied theme of BfA is that horde and alliance are actively ganking members of the other faction and don't give a flying furball about you picking flowers, going on quests and other such trivial nonsense...... Because in theory Horde and Alliance will have their own continents and islands for leveling, which implies a purge of the opposing faction from old world zones. Which is why the expansion for all intense and purposes wont really push the theme except as "flavor" for the expansion. So most players leveling wont notice the difference which defeats the whole purpose of the "theme" in the first place because the actual "devastating" events of the trailer wont happen in game or if they do not until max level. And at that point, max level players going to the other factions zones should imply instant conflict and battles but I doubt that without specific objectives and rewards that this will happen and given how CRZ works and how servers currently balance load it will be interesting hard to get 100+ players together to go on a spontaneous raid in a zone without CRZ and sharding moving people off into other shards..... let alone finding a similar size group on the other side to go against them in a meaningful way.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2017-11-13 at 12:50 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynkeus View Post
    That is not WPVP, that is satisfying their altered, suppressed ego. For that, I can send them lots of salts so PM me if you want any.
    I wasn't disagreeing with you

I'm very glad myself as someone who rolled on a PvP realm as a 14-year old and got stuck there.

I don't have an issue with pvp in general (as long as both sides are roughly equals) and I'l probably keep it enabled on my main and rogue alt. It's just that I don't want to get oneshotted when leveling or doing world quests on undergrared alts.

Does anyone remember Ultima Online?

There was a PvE part of the world and a PvP part.
    One part was almost empty and they gave people incentives and bribes to go there, and it still didn't change.

Reminds me of World PvP in Battle for Azeroth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonEntity View Post
    One part was almost empty
    There's your problem. Nobody will go there if there's no content.

And Runescape did this and it worked pretty well. I don't see your point.

If people don't turn pvp on clearly they don't want to world pvp, why should those people be forced to world pvp against their wishes?

Good riddance, WPvP. Not even your parents love you.
    Can we please stop pretending that it's an actual design consideration, now?
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

New Rule: All new threads should begin with at least one grammatically correct sentence that is properly capitalized and punctuated.

If it is going RIP now because of the sharding, then it was RIP for a decade anyway as it only means that not enough people want to actually do PvP and toggle it on.

This will show how important or unimportant PvP is to the general population in terms of WPvP. If so many like it, then there should be no problem and many will have it on.

Deleted
    Could be because pvp in WoW has always been garbáge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    Loved the WPvP in TBC at the Sunwell Daily Hub.
    Those were the days so golden running with my Dwarf backed up by a Resto druid, oh the horde fell in great numbers.

I'm glad classic is coming out because this fundementally changes the game for me, i love fighting in the open world, especially kill hordes outside a raid while they are preparing for the raid. Its basically how i spent all of WoD now with Legion its not even possible thanks Legendaries and Pve trinkets. So just remove it the current Wow population obviously has no intrest in Pvp, they could just roll on Pve servers who offers the exact same thing as the new sever fixes will.

The next expansion is based of Faction War yet when you see Hordes while leveling you're just gonna /wave? I mean cmon noone is gonna "activate" PvP it only has the potential to slow you down, be a thorn in your side. It's all about efficency and instant glorification, having to struggle for something and enjoy the reward is not relevant anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc489118fe45; 2017-11-13 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Born: 2004
    Died: 2018

LoL

all servers are now carebear
    Actually no... that not really how its working.

From the way they it comes across is that people on existing pvp servers would be flagged by defualt upon logging in with the option to turn it off in a major city, at which point that person gets sharded in with pve players. For the players that choose to NOT turn it off is business as usual. Of course this works opposite on PvE realms.

While it may no longer say "pvp" most players that chose a pvp server for pvp will remain flagged. you wont run into unflagged people for the most part as you will be sharded into zones with other flagged people. It will be the same shit its always been you just may see more people from other servers so in reality it becomes one HUGE pvp server.

Last edited by Moozart; 2017-11-13 at 05:36 PM.