Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You do....
    When you mean evidence are you counting a person saying they've been sexually harassed and tweeting a hashtag to the same effect?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    When you mean evidence are you counting a person saying they've been sexually harassed and tweeting a hashtag to the same effect?
    Mob mentality is all the “evidence” many need. We have witnessed on this site plenty of times.

Deleted
    It only affects the career if there's evidence
    Martin Timell, Swedish television celebrity lost his job and is basically the target of a witch hunt due to nothing but accusations:
    https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/m...att-fly-landet

The TV4 profile Martin Timell is a police suspect suspected of rape that has occurred during a work party in 2008. He has denied all allegations of rape and sexual harassment directed against him and, according to his lawyer Hanna Lindblom, will not admit anything .

Timell himself calls the report about him "a witch hunt".

"I've been chased around the clock for four weeks. They chase me on the street. I've fled the country. And I have a family. What the hell do you think it's like", he says to SVT News.

- Oh my God. I'm a carpenter. I have not murdered anyone. I have not done anything that is completely despicable, like stabbing someone or anything else. I am accused of something that happened ten years ago. I can't be this important, says Martin Timell to SVT News.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Martin Timell, Swedish television celebrity lost his job and is basically the target of a witch hunt due to nothing but accusations:
    https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/m...att-fly-landet
    Was he found innocent?

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    CK DID come forward and admitted to EVERYTHING he was accused of. He was still raked over the coals.

Sidebar: I don't get CK's deal. He never initiated sex, he never tried to grope or copying a feel, he just had this bizarre obsession with getting people to watch him masturbate. What the fuck? Why and how is that arousing to him??
    CK also asked permission and received consent. This is more a case of his accusers reneg'ing on the terms of the agreement long after it had completed.

Personally I don't think he did anything wrong.

I'd like to know what ulterior motive that they had for bringing this to light. Jealousy over the success of his career? Did they originally think they would enjoy watching him masturbating and then became grossed out after it was underway?

Somewhere in there was an opportunity to make a good joke for their standup routines, instead they chose to destroy the man's career. Utter bullshit.
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2017-11-13 at 08:54 PM.

Deleted
    Was he found innocent?
    He hasn't been trialed yet, but people don't seem to care. The only "evidence" there is, is the victim's word against his, of something that happened ten years ago.

Deleted
    He hasn't been trialed yet, but people don't seem to care. The only "evidence" there is, is the victim's word against his, of something that happened ten years ago.
    Well until the trial is over its impossible to say whether his career is over

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Was he found guilty?

Innocent until proven guilty remember? That sentiment hasn't been true for quite some time now.
    He hasn't being proved either yet... I suspect if he's innocent he will survive

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    ...don't you think the ones who are guilty would see it coming and like... think of coming forward with a public apology or something to soften the blow?

It seems like they are all hoping their victims would never speak up and they'll just get away with it. If I was in their situation I feel like I would be so fucking scared of getting accused I would just come forward and try to make it seem as decent as possible to save face.

What would you do?
    Hope none of your victims speak up or come forward before they accuse you?

Or kill them all while it's still time?

Harvey Weinstein's company paid several women over a million dollars each for hush money as long as they would sign an NDA, non disclosure agreement. It got so bad that before his company would pay the hush money they would fine Harvey $250,000.

But that didn't work in the long term.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Well until the trial is over its impossible to say whether his career is over
    Not entirely, since the television firm he worked for already ended all contact with him, even though he's been the lead of the show "äntligen hemma" (finally home) since 1997. Twenty years of working on that series and it all ends from a simple accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Harvey Weinstein's company paid several women over a million dollars each for hush money as long as they would sign an NDA, non disclosure agreement. It got so bad that before his company would pay the hush money they would fine Harvey $250,000.

But that didn't work in the long term.
    Yeah I know, there's a paragraph in his contract where he has to agree to give money for every time he gets reported for sexual harassment and shit like that and it goes up for every following times cuz they already knew he was a sex offender.

Deleted
    Not entirely, since the television firm he worked for already ended all contact with him, even though he's been the lead of the show "äntligen hemma" (finally home) since 1997. Twenty years of working on that series and it all ends from a simple accusation.
    And if innocent he will likely receive an apology and find work again in TV

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    CK also asked permission and received consent. This is more a case of his accusers reneg'ing on the terms of the agreement long after it had completed.

Personally I don't think he did anything wrong.

I'd like to know what ulterior motive that they had for bringing this to light. Jealousy over the success of his career? Did they originally think they would enjoy watching him masturbating and then became grossed out after it was underway?

Somewhere in there was an opportunity to make a good joke for their standup routines, instead they chose to destroy the man's career. Utter bullshit.
    CK believes he did something wrong and explained why it was wrong in his own apology letter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In at least one case he asked, they laughed thinking it was a joke and he did it anyway so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted
    And if innocent he will likely receive an apology and find work again in TV
    Maybe, maybe not. But your original comment was:
    "It only affects the career if there's evidence "

What evidence could there possibly be in a case which, even if it did happen, happened 10 years ago? All the police has is the word of the victim, there are no recordings, no witnesses, no dna samples. And at this point even if he is found innocent, I doubt he will ever be looked upon the same by people ever again. His show is probably forfeit regardless of the outcome.

What evidence could there possibly be in a case which, even if it did happen, happened 10 years ago? All the police has is the word of the victim, there are no recordings, no witnesses, no dna samples. And at this point even if he is found innocent, I doubt he will ever be looked upon the same by people ever again. His show is probably forfeit regardless of the outcome.
    Yeah, the facts are kind of gone, I mean if a group of girls band together and make up stories they all agree on, they can come out and destroy someone who did nothing at all. That's how crazy this has become.

Deleted

Well there's obviously enough evidence for a trial.... You don't get arrested and sent to court with ZERO evidence

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Yeah, the facts are kind of gone, I mean if a group of girls band together and make up stories they all agree on, they can come out and destroy someone who did nothing at all. That's how crazy this has become.
    Evidence is still required for a trial

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I feel like at this point anybody could accuse anyone to mess up their career.
    The only people who've had their careers "messed up" are people with a long list of sexual predatory behavior. None of these are cases of one-off, accusations or he said/she said types of events.

Deleted
    People keep ignoring the important fact that accusations alone isn't enough for a trial... That's why rape is difficult to prove.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So you admit and are fine with guilty until proven innocent.
    Yes if there's enough evidence to warrant a court I will certainly think he's possibly guilty

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You have Donald Trump to thank that for with his "grab them by the pussy" philosophy.
    No, you have a bunch of feminist, SJW'S and PC assholes being too sensitive these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    No, you have a bunch of feminist, SJW'S and PC assholes being too sensitive these days.
    I don't really see how that relates to people guilty of sexual assault

I think the response to these men admitting to this kind of harassment is unbelievably idiotic. All this will do is punish the remorseful guys and utterly discourage all others from showing remorse, apologizing, seeking help or whatever. Kevin Spacey for example ruined his career all because he responded. Had he ignored that one guy he would still be working and making millions. I assume all actual predators out there have taken good notice of that. It really is ridiculous. All I see is people that want to feel morally superior and righteous, not caring about actual harassment or improving the situation.
    Last edited by Thelxi; 2017-11-13 at 09:20 PM.