Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    I addressed that before in an earlier post, it was a mistake I made in the topic. My argument makes sense however understanding that I mean disabling master loot/group loot as an option globally.
    PL doesn't fix it, though. Trading is still a thing, people can still run the raid a bunch of times and just bring the luckiest characters from each player to mythic.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

No, for the simple reason you could roll everything from 0 to 20 loot pieces.

The biggest culprit for split raiding is the heroic week right before mythic, so enforcing personal loot on mythic raids wouldn't even solve the split raid problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    PL doesn't fix it, though. Trading is still a thing, people can still run the raid a bunch of times and just bring the luckiest characters from each player to mythic.
    Again I addressed that in reply in this thread, restrict the amount of PL items one player can receive in a trade to just one.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    The biggest culprit for split raiding is the heroic week right before mythic, so enforcing personal loot on mythic raids wouldn't even solve the split raid problem.
    Please read the thread.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again I addressed that in reply in this thread, restrict the amount of PL items one player can receive in a trade to just one.
    And then they'll just run 7 of the same class and spec for their heroic runs, and use whichever one got the luckiest.

You're trying to punish every other player because 250 people want to go ham with alts for 2-3 weeks

Please read the thread.
    Seriously lol? Read your own thread. "Blizzard Should Make Mythic Raids Personal Loot". This doesn't fix heroic, which can still be master looted and is the primary reason guilds do split runs, for that week before mythic launches.

Right, so entirely rework the loot system because a handful of guilds are abusing it. How about just not tuning around those guilds, instead tuning around slightly worse(but still very good) guilds, massively reduce titanforging/cap it and then allow worse guilds to actually overgear content again. You know, like it was in the previous expansions you're talking about.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

A better solution would be to allow only ~1-2 or so characters per server to be eligible for master loot each week in raids. If you join a group using master loot and ur character is master loot locked, it reduces the amount of loot received (or reduces the chance to get that last piece of loot if less than a break point) from master loot but still gives a chance for the individual to get personal loot, which would motivate guilds to have one main run a week, but still allow for people to receive loot on their alts via personal.

This would only be an improvement with no real downside. It would have no effect on the majority who don't engage in split runs allowing them to still master loot their main run each week, while greatly improving the QoL for those who do engage in split runs as there would be no real motivation to run them anymore.

The crux, of course, would be people making multiple accounts to get around the master loot lock, but there's such a heavy burden to doing that, I think it would be very, very minimal.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-11-13 at 09:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    A better solution would be to allow only ~1-2 or so characters per account to be eligible for master loot each week in raids. If you join a group using master loot and ur character is master loot locked, it reduces the amount of loot received (or reduces the chance to get that last piece of loot if less than a break point) from master loot but still gives a the chance for individual to get personal loot, which would motivate guilds to have one main run a week, but still allow for people to receive loot on their alts via personal.
    Best of all would be not to change anything at all , ML isnt a problem at all. stop trying to fix what isnt broken.

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont see why split raids are a problem

Already an incensing title. This is going to make people very angry, but hear me out, on why this is good not only for the short term, but long term health of the game.
    Your post is long but fails to explain what makes personal loot better. Personal loot does not stop split raids, because personal loot is still able to be shared within the group. So it does not address any of the concerns mentioned. To claim that personal loot would solve something you would also need to explain what is wrong with Loot Master. Which again has nothing to do with how much gear you get or the aforementioned titanforging.

I think you don't understand the current implementation of "personal loot" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    Best of all would be not to change anything at all , ML isnt a problem at all. stop trying to fix what isnt broken.
    It is a problem at the high end. High end players are forced to do split runs to compete and it makes the race less interesting for the rest of us as viewers as it largely comes down to who does the most split runs and not who's the best guild. The race used to be a much more interesting activity before the advent of excessive split runs. The best solution would be one that fixes the major problems for all with minimal compromise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    It turns the focus of the race to world first much more into a grind of split runs than a real competition of skill. It also causes problems with tuning since bosses need to be tuned for these top guilds coming in to raids with insane gear levels which hurts your average mythic guild and is certainly contributing to the ever decreasing amount of guilds in the mythic scene and those able to complete the content in a reasonable amount of time.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-11-13 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Your post is long but fails to explain what makes personal loot better. Personal loot does not stop split raids, because personal loot is still able to be shared within the group. So it does not address any of the concerns mentioned. To claim that personal loot would solve something you would also need to explain what is wrong with Loot Master. Which again has nothing to do with how much gear you get or the aforementioned titanforging.

I think you don't understand the current implementation of "personal loot" at all.
    I explained this, in the thread.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

You explained nothing. The only relevant thing you said was "That is why you restrict the amount of PL loot a person can receive in a trade to 1 piece, and not give them all the leather that drops." but that is literally not how the system works.

What you are asking for is a new type of loot system that doesn't exist in the game. Personal Loot does not do what you claim and it doesn't fix the issues you address in any form.

Blizzard would introduce an Obama class sooner than this. If you don't like it well tough noogies.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

It'd be better if they forced personal loot in normal and heroic to counter split-raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

How about fixing WoW so that there's no horrendous tuning brought on by guilds that split raid 12 hours a day.

You want to defend a failed system "because that's how it's always been done!" that is currently destroying guilds that have been raiding the hardest raids for 16 years now, but no longer can because Blizzard balances they entire system around ONE guild.
    What are you talking about? Do you even raid? The character linked in your signature is 2/9 Heroic ... what do care about how mythic is tuned?

Besides that, how many guilds do you think there are in the entire world that "split raid 12 hours a day"? There are hundreds of thousands of people mythic raiding. You really think they should implemented a system that negatively affects a huge number of people to save a handful of players from themselves? (And whether you agree or disagree, Ion already addressed that specifically and said his answer to that question is no.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    This basically, honestly if top 50 guilds want to game loot and shoot for the top spot, I have no problem with that, because I am not in the picture there, while at the same time at my level you don't really need split raids.

Split raids is something that is abused by very small amount of guilds, so there is no reason to mess up loot system just because you have something like 1k players split raiding.

Deleted
    There's a simple argument that proves your logic fails: there's been how many wow expansions where master loot was in the game and this is the first expansion causing the problem that players cannot outgear bosses like KJ.

You might assume that means the problem is Titanforging.
    No, I don't. The problem is the sheer quantity of gear people are able to acquire, allowing for the increased likelihood of rolling crazy Titanforge pieces. If gear wasn't rewarded to players at such an extreme quanity, this issue wouldn't be prevalent. A titanforged item should be rare, not expected.
    Except yes it is.The main factor that messes up everything is the ability for it to Titanforge. Loot in itself is infinite because M+ exists. What are you going to suggest that it should be limited as well?

It wouldn't matter if loot was personal , top guilds would still have full set bonuses. It would affect top 10-500 guilds way more.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what you have explained it seems all you do is really try to fight windmills. As a mythic raider I simply don't see how the whole dozen or two guilds split raiding their asses off affects me or my guild, simply because even without split raiding those 1% top guilds usually have some retarded schedule that is way out of reach by normal people with RL, so even if they would not be able to split, they would still be top due to sheer hundreds of hours they spend first two weeks progressing.

Basically, you are trying to fix something that is a very very narrow issue and in process screw up everyone including me and my guild by making loot distribution a giant pain in the ass.