Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Santern View Post
    While I agree with the new demons and potential mechanics would have made sense to be introduced with our artifacts I feel this logic can also be applied post-Legion. With how 7.3 ends with Sargeras getting Arkham Asylum'd and Antorus no longer churning out demons left and right the Burning Legion loses its grip over the many demon factions (at least thats how I understood it when Blizz stated that DHs will still be ready to fight demons even with the Legion defeated).

What does this mean for Warlocks? The main unifying power that held demons together as a very roughly unified force is gone. I imagine it will be a lot easier now to enslave, dominate or use the essence of demons and demonic power and hence granting locks old flavor spells and utilities.
    While you do have a valid point, you're far more optimistic about this than I could ever hope to be. All I see with this is them using it as an excuse to knock us down even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah im the polar opposite there, having 4%~ish of our overall dmg tied to a guardian CD that we cast once per fight is absolutely shit for our performance.

Pretty much the only things I wouldn't hate seeing carried over are CDF (with some tweaks) and Conflag of Chaos.

I want to see dimension rift mechanically the same but visually I want to see it summon demons and be put on demonology like it should've been in the first place. Think that'd just be a cool mechanic to have on demo.

Honestly it should be a 5 minute cd and a button of its own. And given to demo.

Warlock's identity is pretty much gone honestly. Back in BC we were the only class along with hunters that had pets. Now even if not all permanent pets, most classes can have one, lots of our spells/design went to other classes, most of the core identity and fun stuff got removed and on top of it all they screwed up big time by separating spells by spec identity(this is for all classes).

I would gladly give up all my other max lvl characters to get back one of the play styles we had from WoTLK to MoP. They weren't perfect, far from it, but the gameplay was enjoyable.

Being a turret that isn't even tanky is by no way an enjoyable kind of gameplay.

Yeah, I didn't sign up to be a green fire mage. Warlocks consort with and use demons, cast curses and merge void and fel magic. It's why I liked demo in cata, it grabbed from both spells in the affliction and destruction kits while having some of its own flair with meta and of course soulfire and the felguard.

Gul'dan shows the potential for spells that warlocks can have, as does Kil'jaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Warlock's identity is pretty much gone honestly. Back in BC we were the only class along with hunters that had pets. Now even if not all permanent pets, most classes can have one, lots of our spells/design went to other classes, most of the core identity and fun stuff got removed and on top of it all they screwed up big time by separating spells by spec identity(this is for all classes).

I would gladly give up all my other max lvl characters to get back one of the play styles we had from WoTLK to MoP. They weren't perfect, far from it, but the gameplay was enjoyable.

Being a turret that isn't even tanky is by no way an enjoyable kind of gameplay.
    Absolutely the truth. Ever wonder why locks never received any demon model updates with yet another whole expansion dedicated to demonic invasion ? They did not want them visually appealing lest is detract from the marketing of the Demon Hunter.

What bothers me more then anything though is no graphical/spell animation updates at all. The only class not to receive any and it was confirmed at Blizzcon they had not even started work on yet, which means they outright lying to us back in July when they told us it was not quite complete yet.

When you play a lock you do not even feel like you belong in the game. Standing beside a shaman or priest makes you feel like such a Dweep. If I was a class designer working at Blizzard I would be embarrassed by this, but they apparently ok with it.

I use to think that those that thought Blizzard had it in for Warlocks were conspiracy nuts. I mean this is business after all. Who deliberately tries to alienate a segment of their playing population ? It makes no sense at all. Now however, count me in with the other nutters. It isn't so much of deliberate sabotage but of lazy design and neglect. There is a quite history of why their maybe animosity if anyone is interested in researching it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    The only class not to receive any and it was confirmed at Blizzcon they had not even started work on yet, which means they outright lying to us back in July when they told us it was not quite complete yet.
    Where this was confirmed exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Where this was confirmed exactly?
    It was said during the Warcraft Q&A Panel, someone asked about our animations and they all looked at each others then they said it was complicated and they want to make sure the class is fonctionnal before they "START" to make new animations.
    Last edited by alexchaos; 2017-11-10 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was said during the Warcraft Q&A Panel, someone asked about our animations and they all looked at each others then they said it was complicated and they want to make sure the class is fonctionnal before they "START" to make new animations.
    I don't remember that one, but I can rewatch, I got a ticket. In any case, I hold no illusions for 7.3.5.

Do you recall at what point? Cause I listened to that whole panel and don't recall but yknow, doing other things while listening.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I heard them say they’re actively working warlock spell animations, but I don’t remember them giving a timeframe.

Do you recall at what point? Cause I listened to that whole panel and don't recall but yknow, doing other things while listening.
    My mistake, the question was asked during the Q&A of the art panel*, they didn't specify anything really but here's a screenshot from Xelnaz on official forums.

Last edited by alexchaos; 2017-11-11 at 09:42 AM.

My mistake, the question was asked during the Q&A of the art panel*, they didn't specify anything really but here's a screenshot from Xelnaz on official forums.

not surprising at all... Just the standard warlock treatment

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we the only caster's that haven't been improved?

In fact are we the only class, didn't melee get updates on release/ the pre patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Are we the only caster's that haven't been improved?

In fact are we the only class, didn't melee get updates on release/ the pre patch?
    I believe all classes except for us got some kind of visual improvement since the release of Legion.

Deleted
    This really is the fuck warlocks expansion until the very end lmao.

I'd be curious who spoke to who, lot of heresay there.

Some of the discord admins are people who I wouldn't put any faith in, while others I would consider believing. It wouldn't terribly surprise me though, as I feel like the class desperately needs another overhaul after what happened to it in legion. If that were the case I'd be happy about it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Taken from mmo front page

Quote Originally Posted by Vimpe View Post
    Taken from mmo front page
    Guaranteed to hit on February 29th...... Leap Year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the discord admins are people who I wouldn't put any faith in, while others I would consider believing.
    No shit there, it's literal cliques and meme cesspool there, you have maybe like two guys there that worth a shit and are not just massive memelords spamming pepes and toxic shit.

As much as I love playing my Lock, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna reroll if we don't get those animations and a demo rework on patch 8.0. I've been thinking about it ever since they told us they were gonna rework demo 1 year ago and havn't touched them at all yet. I don't trust them anymore.
    WOW should not be the only arrow in your quiver. If you like the lore and the playstyle of Warlocks or rather what Warlocks use to be, there are plenty of other games that are ready to accommodate you with the added bonus of not carrying around WOW's stigma of being the dumpster bin of classes where all the refuse is deposited. Why do you think Warlocks class halls were put in the sewers where all the cities waste flows down to ?

As much as WOW's graphics have improved over the years and I must give them credit for getting the absolute most out of their ancient engine, they are still very primitive compared to modern games. You are never going to get any Witcher quality graphics out of WOW. The character customization will not even allow for variations in height and weight.
    Last edited by Abraxas79; 2017-11-14 at 02:42 PM.