Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I equate people who think world pvp (ganking) is worthwhile to people who think it's a good idea to breed pit bull puppies.
    Comments like this are the exact reason WPvP needs the love Blizzard is starting to work on for it. The fact that WPvP is mostly only associated with scum ganking lowbies. So glad that Blizzard said the new sharding pvp system could separate high and low level players in zones. The age of ganking lowbies draws to a close and it is about time. Its about time for real WPvP to come back. Can not wait for the PvP sharding.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    This attitude is typical of ignorant PvErs.
    Guess what, you know nothing about PvP so buzz off to another forum. Oh someone once killed your low level alt? My condolences, maybe book in for a therapist.

The best experiences I've had in this game have been in World PvP, there's nothing as spontaneous and entertaining. Can't wait for Blizzard to fix the game so its possible again.
    So you enjoy attacking unsuspecting people, who are just minding their own business, rather than face them in a (somewhat) balanced environment, where people actually go to participate in PvP? And you still get offended when people call you a ganking scum? Because that's somehow not exactly what you are?

I'm actually glad that Blizzard are doing these changes in BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did it take this long to see those were problematic?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I equate people who think world pvp (ganking) is worthwhile to people who think it's a good idea to breed pit bull puppies.
    No one breeds pit bulls because pit bulls aren’t a breed. And no one breeds puppies - they breed adult dogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

i am playing a healer because i dps'ing/tanking doesn't give me any joy.
    for me in wpvp there are only 2 possible outcomes: either i can heal through the incoming damage and survive until the attacker gets bored OR i die. there is no chance i will be able to heal through and be able to kill the attacker due to most classes having self heal.
    thats why, for me, wpvp isn't any fun / seems like there are only gankers
    Looking forward to the opt-out (playing on pvp-server though)

Deleted
    I find this change completely game-changing.
    The world now will feel a lot different than instances. We have different damage in the world (PvE), different in world PvP and different in instanced PvP. How is that nice to you???? It screws up with the game and with your characters.

Also, what is the problem with the fact that sometimes you don't actually have the opportunity to fight back at some wPvP situations? Really what is the problem, you died, you 'll res, you 'll go on with whatever it was that you were doing (if that was PvEing).

The immersion of this world is not the stupid linear PvE progression and PvE "botting" but also the twists of unexpected situations in this living world that cause you to die due to PvP.

I have died to rogues many many times, to DKs casting Cold Heart and others... I really didn't feel that they should get punished in wPvP for having fun because of their damage and how much effort they 've put to their characters.

To sum up, some (actually all) of us died, horribly due to wPvP. And this is fun, both for us (in a more subtle way that I tried to touch above) and for the ones that killed us...

Keeping adding modifiers here and there, that essentially block us from being able to predict how much damage we will deal is so fucking frustrating. "Your ability does XX% of weapon damage" and please scour through the game forums on whether you are going to see that damage all the time, or at only specific situations. I personally have a hard time to track all of that all the time, in and out of instances. So annoying.

Seriously, this is one more step to killing the RPG part of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    So you enjoy attacking unsuspecting people, who are just minding their own business, rather than face them in a (somewhat) balanced environment, where people actually go to participate in PvP? And you still get offended when people call you a ganking scum? Because that's somehow not exactly what you are?

I'm actually glad that Blizzard are doing these changes in BfA.
    I see you've never been part of a World PvP fight or battle between guilds, over turf, over an objective etc.
    You're another ignorant PvEr who complains that their alt got killed one time.
    You probably just stand there when someone attacks you in the world because "its unfair because I wasn't ready".

Legion has been absolutely horrible for WPvp, I hope Blizzard do a good job with the sharding, it could be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post
    Comments like this are the exact reason WPvP needs the love Blizzard is starting to work on for it. The fact that WPvP is mostly only associated with scum ganking lowbies. So glad that Blizzard said the new sharding pvp system could separate high and low level players in zones. The age of ganking lowbies draws to a close and it is about time. Its about time for real WPvP to come back. Can not wait for the PvP sharding.
    Yeah Legion has given WPvP a really bad rep.
    Honestly, WPvP makes or breaks this game for me, I've barely been in the Broken Isles, just been doing RBGs.

There goes my glorious revenge against all those classes with their build-in one shot abilities that crit for 3-4+m. I guess it was fun as long as it lasted. That they let warriors rule surpreme in WPvP for as long as they did with that silly trinket was mind-boggling as it is, with it nerfed and the overall dmg reduced it might be a bit better in solo encounters. Sadly this will also mean that everyone with a heal bot at their disposal will be unkillable as well :/.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    I see you've never been part of a World PvP fight or battle between guilds, over turf, over an objective etc.
    You're another ignorant PvEr who complains that their alt got killed one time.
    You probably just stand there when someone attacks you in the world because "its unfair because I wasn't ready".

Legion has been absolutely horrible for WPvp, I hope Blizzard do a good job with the sharding, it could be great.

Yeah Legion has given WPvP a really bad rep.
    Honestly, WPvP makes or breaks this game for me, I've barely been in the Broken Isles, just been doing RBGs.
    Are you delusional? Battle between guilds? What, you just go outside with your guild, in hope to run onto another guild who went out with the same idea? You have rated battlegrounds for that. Fights over turf or an object? You mean battleground, again? Or do you mean uninstanced battleground such as Halaa or Wintergrasp? Is that your idea, when you talk about WPvP?

Most of the people that cry about WPvP in Legion, in particular, are petty gankers, who hate the current battlegrounds, because they can't outgear the enemy enough to make themselves feel special by two-shotting people. So they choose to "WPvP" against unsuspecting targets, who (most of the time) can't fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    What would you want them to do? Put a dev in each person's home and put a gun in their heads to FORCE them to world pvp?

Sorry, but no one gives a f about world pvp, aside of lowlifes who gang low level and lowlifes who attack from behind while you are questing.

If you want to pvp, there is arenas, both skirmish and rated, bgs, both ranked and unranked. A place where people WANT to pvp. World pvp is dead and it has never been a thing in first place, aside of the year, that there wasn't battlegrounds, quit whining already.
    how about you enforce wpvp in the specified wq areas murloc freedom is just ppl flying around looking for naga to kill, brakeneck brawl isn't bad there's usually wpvp going on there

Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post
    You say this as if ganking lowbies wasn't always part of wPvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Welp, had some good fun with Cold Heart for Talon's Vengeance rep farming

Deleted
    I had my first, fun WPvP experience in Legion as a healer this week.

I had joined a group on a PvP realm via the group finder for killing the world boss in Suramar, the corpulent demon lady in Felsoul Hold. By coincidence there were about 8-10 healers in the raid, which quickly swelled in size to up around 40 people. As the boss evaporated (Yawn!), another large group/raid of players swooped in on flying mounts and attacked us. We initially lost some people, though that only lasted until our healers woke from their world boss induced snooze. Soon the restorative and holy energies *really* started to flow, and our side turned quasi immortal. Eventually our deeps realized being stunned wasn't a death sentence and they in turn started to crank the mad deeps. Red forces were burninated.

I only had opportunity to fire off exactly one offensive spell at a fleeing rogue. But it was a HW:Chastise fueled by full raid buffs from a previous M+ run, iLvel 932 + 5x10% extra damage from one of the hpriest legos. And it was a crit. (Sorry rogue, thanks for coming.)

+1, would countergank again.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Too little, too late. Also, a previous poster was right. They had to kick Holinka's ass to actually make those half-assed "fixes"

question from victorvndoom/dragonblight (europe)

"artifact weapons getting a worthy sendoff is what i heard. Exept from skins are there talents from the artifacts that we can gain back?"

Last week my healing shaman (ilv940) was killed by a rogue twice, without anything i could do. My log said it was 1,7sec from the first hit to death.

I just thought, what the fuck? WPvP is pathetic.

i dont understand, why the need for this change? not interested in doing pvp in bfa, dont give a shite for the rewards. if i wanted pvp i would have played on a pvp server.

Oh man I hope after BfA, the wpvp community will end up like the dark souls community.
    Whenever someone whines about being ganked, simply say: GIT GUD OR TURN OFF PVP YE SCRUB!

Are we going to have a steady stream of patches until BfA?

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Legion is almost over
    lol XDDDD nice