Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    I just dont know what to do until then tho
    The hype will die off as the months go by. Go play some other game you like, once we're close to release the hype will be re-ignited.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    The hype will die off as the months go by. Go play some other game you like, once we're close to release the hype will be re-ignited.
    Couldn't be more true!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muh View Post
    With the release of the new addon? Doubt it... gonna be later

You very well could be right. Here is hoping not though.

I expect blizzard to have multiple types of PTR builds that people can play on so blizzard can figure out what people like best. Blizzard did say that they will be looking to the community a lot for its impending decisions and changes.

Guys seriously, do you not remember how bad it really was.

Deleted
    tbh you're wasting your time if you do any of what OP listed right now. classic is probably 2+ years away, they don't even have the whole team for it yet.

Even if they have a "version" running already and all that, it's blizzard and normally they don't do silly moves. We going to have BfA probably october-november 2018, that means they'll not want Classic before that and I guess much less 6 months after it, so I guess it's more like summer 2019.

My bet is November 2019, for the 15th anniversary. And that the earliest.

That would also fit with the content drought of BfA.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I just dont know what to do until then tho
    How about you make whiny posts that make you look stupid? That will definitely pass the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Ah yeah, adapting existing content would take longer than making a full expansion from scratch
    Yes, because they haven't decided anything in regards to content. Literally every detail they get asked about in interviews is "TBD", "we will need to talk to the community", "too early to tell" and so on. Then they're just hiring new people right now, which will take time for them to fill these positions and get them up and running. And only after these two milestones are reached can they really get into technicalities. They will have a lot of backtracking to do and lots of details to work on, anyone who's ever returned to a project after a long time will tell you it's a pain compared to continued development of a project that is ongoing.

And after all that I'm fairly certain they won't release it before or next to BFA, because obviously they don't want their products to collide for marketing reasons. Therefore a 2018 release is probably out of the question already.

It's just common sense. 6 months isn't optimistic, it's completely delusional. 12 months is very optimistic. 18-24 is realistic. More is just in case of unforseen delays which do happen, as we all know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Funny how they specifically stated that they've not only found a way to make classic servers happen but that they've already got a build running, Granted I doubt it would be a mere 6 months away saying that it's going to be up to 3 years is a little ridiculous.
    Having a reference build running in no way implies they even know what exactly to do, let alone actually are in development...

I feel the same. Honestly now that they announced creating it... I want it now. Suddenly I started dreaming about it. Thinking of what I wanted to do. Re-living my memories. I feel almost as excited as I was when I played it. To me it feels like they are offering me cocaine.. and I was heavily addicted... I know I will get it... but not when. It makes me insane.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Classic will hit at the content drought of next xpack: 4th quarter of 2019.
    End expansion draught is a pretty logical date to release classic. Unfortunately that is fucking 2 years away
    Oh of course if we ignore the current draught that is about to begin, but they won't finish so soon.

lol its so cool to read that there is more ppl hyped who cant wait for it, i feel you anyway i dont think it will come in less then 6 months, on the other hand if blizz wonan gives us one year of last tier in legion, classic would be oen way to deal with it, other side is that to cloe to next xpac might ba bad for their own product or just bring alot off ppl bk who will have to pay sub anyway. on the other side again realese for wow 15 years would be cool aswell.

From technical point of view there cant be much left to do if they had version runing aloso backup from nostralius/elysium guys does help alot for sure in inplementing later patches stuff to certain version of game liek bettlemasters in cities for example.

I do belive deciding what to put in there and what patch to start and how progression will work will be most time consuming process. I do hope it will be realesed asap tho, would love to start there noooow!

Stole this topic from reddit I guess but honestly..

Finding/reading/saving the old 60 levelling guides
    Fiddling in vanilla talent calculators to figured out optimal levelling speccs
    Reading up to remind me of the racials (Alliance 10% rep is probably too good to give up)
    Listening to podcasts about it
    Watching the old Roguecraft series and other old vids
    Debating vs playing the rogue I always was (too many rogues) vs just being a Warrior MT (skippin the endless hours of LFM ... need tank)
    I've literally been doing ALL of those things in the last week. And on top of that I've been setting up my UI and addons for when it releases by testing everything out on Elysium

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Classic will hit at the content drought of next xpack: 4th quarter of 2019.
    I agree that Classic will release during a content drought... but it will be the one at the end of Legion.

In 6 months, we will be playing Classic...

Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    I've literally been doing ALL of those things in the last week. And on top of that I've been setting up my UI and addons for when it releases by testing everything out on Elysium
    Nice man :P

I just keep replaying scenarios of what everyone thinks is boring/annoying and me loving the grind.

A small part of me wishes they would open up Classic Test realm, that we can play at the same time as they keep patching/bug testing/developing it :P
    And ofc purge on official release.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Having a reference build running in no way implies they even know what exactly to do, let alone actually are in development...
    Yeah I suppose they were just randomly pushing buttons on their keyboards and the build magically ran.

A more plausible explanation is that you're simply talking bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Isnt it a bit early for getting hyped?

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Isnt it a bit early for getting hyped?
    How dare you !

I realize its early, but honestly most of us have been dreaming of it since Catac.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Yeah I suppose they were just randomly pushing buttons on their keyboards and the build magically ran.

A more plausible explanation is that you're simply talking bullshit
    Care to argue any of the points I made in that post and actually prove me wrong, so I end up agreeing with you after all, or are you just going to keep angrily randomly pushing buttons?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    In 6 months, we will be playing Classic...
    Yep, with no developmental decision done at all, no complete team and no testing.

And in 18 months we'll be flying on tourist trips to Mars, you know.

I'm already hyped for that selfie with Mount Olympus!