Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I really hope they give the PvP version the best rewards just because clearly it would be the hardest. (Though you do get rewarded from losing too. Just less)
    I believe they said in one of the panels there are three difficulties. Normal, Heroic/Mythic and PvP. If I remember right. I believe they did say PvP was the highest tier as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Nightborne@Wowpedia, citing the BlizzCon 2015 World and Content Overview Panel:

The shield was a direct reaction to the Sundering.
    It's in the chronicle vol 1. It was raised before the Sundering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Honestly I couldn't give less of a fuck than I already do if I tried. Its Blizzard's game and if they choose to market it incorrectly you can bet your ass many more people besides me will say something.

Also Ad Hominem isn't an argument. Try harder.
    Not arguing just commenting on your level of anal irritation based on the length of your post and heavy use of bold and caps lock.

Company's lie in marketing. Any other new old news?

I am really excited to see the PvP Version of the islands personally.
    Nobody is going to run islands in PVP mode (by and large) unless they add rewards specific to that mode that you won't be able to obtain any other way. And if they add such rewards (they likely will and likely will make them laborious to obtain, creating a big grind), it will play like arenas = you can do them right now, just imagine that you are chasing a reward specific to islands instead of chasing ratings.

No, the appeal of the islands is not in PVP. If PVP wasn't killed dead, the islands would have been a fine addition to arenas, but even then they would be just that, a small addition. The appeal of the islands is in the improved AI. If they do deliver on that - and I think that's possible (we talked about that before, in a nutshell: they have experience and the canvas is fairly rich) - the islands will be cool. If they don't deliver on the improved AI, the islands are going to be just a smaller version of instances (or arenas, if you are masochist enough) that adds some variety in scenery, but not a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Nobody is going to run islands in PVP mode (by and large) unless they add rewards specific to that mode that you won't be able to obtain any other way. And if they add such rewards (they likely will and likely will make them laborious to obtain, creating a big grind), it will play like arenas = you can do them right now, just imagine that you are chasing a reward specific to islands instead of chasing ratings.

No, the appeal of the islands is not in PVP. If PVP wasn't killed dead, the islands would have been a fine addition to arenas, but even then they would be just that, a small addition. The appeal of the islands is in the improved AI. If they do deliver on that - and I think that's possible (we talked about that before, in a nutshell: they have experience and the canvas is fairly rich) - the islands will be cool. If they don't deliver on the improved AI, the islands are going to be just a smaller version of instances (or arenas, if you are masochist enough) that adds some variety in scenery, but not a lot of it.
    Like I said above man, they confirmed the highest difficulty (Aka the best rewards) drop from the PvP Variant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    Not arguing just commenting on your level of anal irritation based on the length of your post and heavy use of bold and caps lock.

Company's lie in marketing. Any other new old news?
    Actually, I am using the caps and the bolding to help people who seem to (Ironically saying I am the one who needs to read) be incapable of reading my posts.

Also using another fallacy to justify lying doesn't mean its right lmao.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are nitpicking. This isn't even worth discussing. They used "warfronts" all over the place. Nobody at all thought that this meant "one warfront". LOL.
    They explained multiple times that there would be one Warfront at launch - Stromgarde.

It seems like the issue here is very simple.

People who watched Blizzcon and actually listened to stuff on Warfronts understood that there would be one at launch.

People who didn't watch Blizzcon, except maybe the free opening ceremony, and got all their information from second-hand sources, assumed that there would be multiple ones at launch. Despite Blizzard repeatedly saying Stromgarde was the only one in at launch.

Honestly I couldn't give less of a fuck than I already do if I tried. Its Blizzard's game and if they choose to market it incorrectly you can bet your ass many more people besides me will say something.
    Yes, people using all-caps, bold, and posting dozens of times on the same subject, "don't give a fuck". That's definitely truthful of you.

At worst, Blizzard are guilty of slightly misleading marketing (like literally every other company in gaming). They were extremely clear at Blizzcon that Stromgarde would be the only Warfront at launch, and that later in the expansion, other Warfronts would open up. There was a vague implication that there would be only one Warfront open at a time, but it was unclear and could be wrong.

The reason people say that you "aren't reading" is because you are refusing to acknowledge that, at Blizzcon, Blizzard were very clear that Stromgarde would be the only Warfront open at launch.

You literally made an ad hominem attack on me in your previous post, so that's an incredibly hypocritical and strange thing to complain about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see this thread is still fighting. Never change <3

I mean you are the one intentionally lying and being deceptive. They said warfrints plural. The ligical thing will be that there is more than one. If they make a second in the next two years it will be accurate
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Like I said above man, they confirmed the highest difficulty (Aka the best rewards) drop from the PvP Variant.
    Yup, I saw.

Since we are talking about this PVP mode for islands, it is perhaps worth mentioning the most important decision that will affect gameplay: whether the PVP matches will not use ratings / will use arena ratings or maybe some special ratings for islands. I think they will use arena ratings, because it's sanest and doesn't require much work, but still:

* If they use no ratings at all, it's likely going to dry up really fast. Queuing with ratings ignored sounds fun when you think you can PVP and are feeling yourself like a big fish / certainly above average bla bla bla. But the ultimate effect is that folks who can't get wins (say, at the real ratings of 0-200 if they cared to measure) stop queuing, this makes some other folks unable to get wins (200-400) and they stop queuing as well, and this quickly snowballs and pretty soon nobody queues.

* If they use ratings, there are two immediate effects. First, welcome back to queues. Second, welcome back to arenas. I don't see how the islands can make the gameplay more interesting than it is in the arenas (I get the irony of using the word "interesting" here, and I agree that current arenas are trash, but the point is that the islands are same trash). What is going to make the difference - creative ways of aggroing the NPCs to your enemy? If that will ever become a factor, it will just promote "tactics" that are resistant to that - like all-stealth teams (and so if you aren't stealth, don't even queue, there's no setup for you). Or what, the increased area? This only makes fights longer and much more about burst, because if you don't kill someone in very short time he will just run away and heal to full.

I don't know, maybe I am not seeing something, but I wouldn't expect much at all from the PVP mode in islands. I think the appeal is in the improved AI and in that alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    They explained multiple times that there would be one Warfront at launch - Stromgarde.
    Let's stop this idiocy.

Links to the multiple explanations, please. Blizzcon links.

Yes, people using all-caps, bold, and posting dozens of times on the same subject, "don't give a fuck". That's definitely truthful of you.
    At worst, Blizzard are guilty of slightly misleading marketing (like literally every other company in gaming). They were extremely clear at Blizzcon that Stromgarde would be the only Warfront at launch, and that later in the expansion, other Warfronts would open up. There was a vague implication that there would be only one Warfront open at a time, but it was unclear and could be wrong.

The reason people say that you "aren't reading" is because you are refusing to acknowledge that, at Blizzcon, Blizzard were very clear that Stromgarde would be the only Warfront open at launch.
    Ok. So first off, again, I use the caps and bolding because you can't read, not because I am mad, although I am perpetually assblasted, but thats more of a state of being, less of a mad about this particular subject. I really mean it when I say I couldn't give less of a fuck. I really don't care one way or the other. I have other MMOs, specifically ESO and Guild Wars, to fall back on if Blizzard pulls another WoD.

Next, misleading marketing is still deceptive marketing which is grounds for lawsuits if people were so inclined. They were exactly the opposite at Blizzcon on the subject of Stormgarde by the way, they, again, used plurals to describe the system all over and used Stormgarde as an example of a working concept. So no. You are incorrect sorry bub. All the interviews and the BFA Website saw as such in the wording. Now, on to me being incapable of reading. It seems to be a stable of posters now, I guess when you make half decent points you can only say I don't read and call me names. So far this is the first post where you actually tried to counter. So gratz?

You literally made an ad hominem attack on me in your previous post, so that's an incredibly hypocritical and strange thing to complain about.
    Along with a massive wall of text full of shit you probably didn't bother to read. When your entire argument is a fallacy then it isn't an argument, as I said, and as your previous post said.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    I mean you are the one intentionally lying and being deceptive. They said warfrints plural. The ligical thing will be that there is more than one. If they make a second in the next two years it will be accurate
    Oh look, more not reading. Let me go quote myself so you can read something relevant.

Thats great and everything except this most recent interview doesn't even slightly hint at them being in development. Link is in the sig with the quote. Scroll down to the questions about Warfronts and read them yourself.

Also regardless of if more are coming later, that is later. Class Mounts weren't advertised with Legion were they? How about Argus? What about the Netherlight Crucible? Your argument is just as bad as the other one. You are defending deceptive marketing.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's stop this idiocy.

Links to the multiple explanations, please. Blizzcon links.
    That's going to take literally 30+ minutes of my life of jumping around through Blizzcon panels. So two questions:

1) Do you and Paula actually have access to the Blizzcon panels?

2) Will you and Paula actually apologise and back off when I show I'm right?

If the answer to both questions is yes from both of you, I will waste that time for you. If not, bloody watch the bloody relevant panels yersself!

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I am using the caps and the bolding to help people who seem to (Ironically saying I am the one who needs to read) be incapable of reading my posts.

Also using another fallacy to justify lying doesn't mean its right lmao.
    What makes you think I'm justifying it? It's just a fact of life like war and politics we all know it's a bag of shit but getting all irate about it has never helped matters

What makes you think I'm justifying it? It's just a fact of life like war and politics we all know it's a bag of shit but getting all irate about it has never helped matters
    I mean yeah it never helps anything thats why EA's stock took a dump because of a Reddit post yesterday... right. Apathy is bad fam.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean yeah it never helps anything thats why EA's stock took a dump because of a Reddit post yesterday... right. Apathy is bad fam.
    And EA did make it worse so really not much amounted to it but comparing this to what EA did is laughable.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That's going to take literally 30+ minutes of my life of jumping around through Blizzcon panels. So two questions:

If the answer to both questions is yes from both of you, I will waste that time for you. If not, bloody watch the bloody relevant panels yersself!
    1 - I don't have access to the Blizzcon panels, I watched a couple when they were being live on streams, and for the rest I read the summaries.

2 - Yes, I will apologize. Show me the case where they clearly said that there will be just one warfront at launch (which, yes, I could have missed in retrospect so I am half-apologizing right now - maybe, indeed, you are right) and I will apologize.

For 1, if you name the panel / timestamp and copy the text here, it's going to be enough for me, I will take your word.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And EA did make it worse so really not much amounted to it but comparing this to what EA did is laughable.
    So regardless of them backtracking, they still lost FUCKLOADS of money from this and have been given nothing but negative press. I chose EA because so far it seems like current events seem to be getting the most logical replies. Using them as an example rather than WoD Blizzard seemed like an apt idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Nice to see this thread is still fighting. Never change <3
    War never changes...
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted

Ok. So first off, again, I use the caps and bolding because you can't read, not because I am mad, although I am perpetually assblasted, but thats more of a state of being, less of a mad about this particular subject. I really mean it when I say I couldn't give less of a fuck. I really don't care one way or the other. I have other MMOs, specifically ESO and Guild Wars, to fall back on if Blizzard pulls another WoD.

Next, misleading marketing is still deceptive marketing which is grounds for lawsuits if people were so inclined. They were exactly the opposite at Blizzcon on the subject of Stormgarde by the way, they, again, used plurals to describe the system all over and used Stormgarde as an example of a working concept. So no. You are incorrect sorry bub. All the interviews and the BFA Website saw as such in the wording. Now, on to me being incapable of reading. It seems to be a stable of posters now, I guess when you make half decent points you can only say I don't read and call me names. So far this is the first post where you actually tried to counter. So gratz?

Along with a massive wall of text full of shit you probably didn't bother to read. When your entire argument is a fallacy then it isn't an argument, as I said, and as your previous post said.

Oh look, more not reading. Let me go quote myself so you can read something relevant.
    That's a big wall of text for nit giving a fuck. I'm not sure you know what not giving a fuck is? Have you tried just stopping going away and doing something else because that would be more like not giving a fuck. Just saying.

That's a big wall of text for nit giving a fuck. I'm not sure you know what not giving a fuck is? Have you tried just stopping going away and doing something else because that would be more like not giving a fuck. Just saying.
    What do you think I do when I post? I am literally shitposting while watching someone play Randomized Pokemon on Twitch with Gachi in the background. Anger is my default state of being and I enjoy arguing with shills. What more you want me to say famalam?

And since I realize that scanning panels for clues is a lot of work - and thank you if you are doing it - I will show the bits of info that made *me* think that there are multiple warfronts coming:

Wowhead

This is a 20 player cooperative mode that occurs on the home front
    The first Warfront is Stromgarde
    Warfronts will not always be active, it will feel like a special event, ...
    Could be on a schedule like Timewalking or Invasions.
    Rewards are not yet finalized, but there are Alliance and Horde armor sets planned from it.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275510/b...garde-gameplay

Polygon

...warfronts are a PvE take on what might be seen as a traditionally PvP setup ...
    The first warfront in the expansion will take place in the Arathi Highlands, ...

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/3/16...-new-expansion

PC Gamer

The other major activity coming to Battle for Azeroth is Warfronts, massive 20-player ...
    Once players reach level 120, they'll begin an all-out assault on the enemy through Warfronts.
    Warfronts are centered around the Arathi Highlands and surrounding zones, with the first fight being for Stromgarde.

http://www.pcgamer.com/everything-yo...ext-expansion/

Plenty of articles on MMO-C as well.

I did hear "the first" alright, sure. I didn't hear "the only" at all and all the time I heard "warfronts", "warfronts", "warfronts", plural, instead of "warfront", singular.