Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    https://www.gameplanet.co.nz/feature...d-WoW-Classic/

I think this is a good sign, it shows that they're not trying to clone vanilla but as they've said "recreate the game experience".
    I think graphically it should be left the same. What patch they land on is arguable, other changes are debatable there's a lot of quirky behaviour that is borderline a bug, like being able to spam rend on a creature who's immune to bleed to upgrade your weapon skill.

There's also addons that basically played the game for you that probably should be shut down too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I don't care whether you're interested or not, I was pointing out that you were wrong. It's not hard to patch in the new models. What's it to you if there's a toggle for it like in retail, no one sees it except for you.
    I explained why this was a problem if you weren't so fucking lazy, maybe scroll up and read it.

It is Blizzard's DUTY to make an accurate copy of old WoW for gaming history purposes. Don't muck it up with new shiny shit and changes, and new graphics. RETAIL is for you. CLASSIC is not.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

I kinda don't like the new animations that much. But, that's not a dealbreaker for me. Hopefully there will be a way to just mod in the old animations similar to how you can patch in the new models and animations on private realms.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Don't play then? Pretty easy solution. I'll never understand this stupid vanilla justice warrior trend is with wanting 0 change, that's what your shitty private servers are for if you want a broken shitty game. Let the rest of us enjoy a vanilla style game on an updated client. And if your response contains the slippery slope argument, it is so ludacris, it's obsurd to me that anyone even makes that argument, updating textures, models and interface options is not even remotely relevant to adding things like dungeon finder.
    It's relevant because new models and animations aren't the same like the old. If they want to give the true vanilla experience, then there shouldn't be new models. I "could" live with that if they don't use the new animations for old models. It had clusterfucked some races really hard.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Don't play then? Pretty easy solution. I'll never understand this stupid vanilla justice warrior trend is with wanting 0 change, that's what your shitty private servers are for if you want a broken shitty game. Let the rest of us enjoy a vanilla style game on an updated client. And if your response contains the slippery slope argument, it is so ludacris, it's obsurd to me that anyone even makes that argument, updating textures, models and interface options is not even remotely relevant to adding things like dungeon finder.
    Dude there is a guy in an another thread that says he will pull his ethernet from pc to dc every now and then, so he can me immersed, just like was happening in original classic. I have no idea if he was trolling or ppl like him are doing it on purpose, but if they really mean all those things we r talking about some serious clinical situations.

Other went a bit to far and said if they make them to download it from b.net or in general digital copy they wont play it, cause vack then digital wasnt a thing. They actually want hard copies and midnight sales. I havent facepalmed that much in my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    I explained why this was a problem if you weren't so fucking lazy, maybe scroll up and read it.

It is Blizzard's DUTY to make an accurate copy of old WoW for gaming history purposes. Don't muck it up with new shiny shit and changes, and new graphics. RETAIL is for you. CLASSIC is not.
    It's not Blizzard's duty to do anything. Blizzard doesn't owe you shit, and you need to get off your soapbox. Gaming history purposes? Please.

PS: Don't tell me what is and is not for me. Vanilla with updated character models is still Vanilla, because the gameplay is exactly the same and that's the important part. If it's a toggled setting why the fuck do you even care, just toggle it to the original models/animations.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-11-14 at 06:11 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's not Blizzard's duty to do anything. Blizzard doesn't owe you shit, and you need to get off your soapbox.

PS: Don't tell me what is and is not for me. Vanilla with updated character models is still Vanilla, because the gameplay is exactly the same and that's the important part.
    Ah, you don’t get to say that either. WoW’s art direction has changed massively from release until now. Changing that changes the feel, which changes the game, which means it’s not authentic vanilla. This is just factual, and frankly not up for interpretation. If you want the looks, mod then into your client yourself.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is no good reason not to make the game look pretty while keeping the gameplay and systems the same other then nostalgia. No one can truly say they didn’t want classic just for nostalgia then not play it just because it’s higher res.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, you don’t get to say that either. WoW’s art direction has changed massively from release until now. Changing that changes the feel, which changes the game, which means it’s not authentic vanilla. This is just factual, and frankly not up for interpretation. If you want the looks, mod then into your client yourself.
    Models modded into the client is the exact same end result as a toggled setting, so the question remains why you're so salty over it? You do realize it's extremely likely that the new models will be included in some way with Classic servers, right?

I only even mentioned the models to point out that you were wrong in your assumption about their implementation.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't. It effects how I feel. Blizzard has a responsibility, in my opinion, to make WoW exactly as it was, as a piece of gaming history. Nobody repaints the Mona Lisa with more vibrant colors.

edit: It would make the game less fun for me, as well. These HD models cannot be running around in the old world. They would look weird and out of place. It would take me out of the experience.
    So you only want classic because of nostalgia then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There is no good reason not to make the game look pretty while keeping the gameplay and systems the same other then nostalgia. No one can truly say they didn’t want classic just for nostalgia then not play it just because it’s higher res.
    Especially if it's incorporated as a toggled setting. It's pretty much guaranteed that the new models will be included in some way. It doesn't affect the mechanics or gameplay of the game, which is what Blizzard has said they're trying to recreate.

What people fail to understand is that blizzard is a for profit company, and most kids in 2017 and moving forward don't want to play a shit pile game with 2004 bugs and resolution let alone PAY for it. Don't get me wrong I'm super hyped for a "vanilla" server but all of this nonsense about people wanting the "classic experience," with absolutely no change is insanity! There WILL be change, whether you like it or not.

The neck should drop one time and one time only. The bugs should be fixed.

My problem with the new character models are in Legion now. If you go to the old models (disabled for NEs by the way) you still use the new animations and skeleton- its just a texture swap now.

I want the old vanilla client, I want the old models and animations, I want the old looking game.

You disagree? Well, show me your fucking ten year WoW statue. I can post mine if you want. Don't play my game. Play Retail, where all of those things are waiting for you.
    Shove that statue so far up your ass your teeth shine of whatever material it's made of.

I don't give a fuck how long you played this game, I'm probably the better player anyway.

WoD models please and thank you, it's 2017 not 2004.

7+ Year Old Account

Ya blizzard doesn’t owes you or any one else any thing they have no duty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not interested. Not even 1% interested. Mod the fucking game yourself, then.
    honey if you enjoy playing with shitty 2003 models then this is your problem lol
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

7+ Year Old Account
    You will never get authentic classic as people have way more expertnce now more add ons and years worth of knowledge this is just factual and frankly not up to interpretation.

It doesn't. It effects how I feel. Blizzard has a responsibility, in my opinion, to make WoW exactly as it was, as a piece of gaming history. Nobody repaints the Mona Lisa with more vibrant colors.

edit: It would make the game less fun for me, as well. These HD models cannot be running around in the old world. They would look weird and out of place. It would take me out of the experience.

That raises a very good point--- I'm excited to see old Orgrimmar again, but seeing our crisp new characters on the bank may indeed look out of place.

Speaking of gaming history (good outlook here) I realize that they're usually inclined to fix glitches and stuff, but I hope they preserve that glitch where people could get underneath Stormwind and ride around. I'm assuming that was around in Vanilla since it was there in BC, but that is something people would discover and learn to do like a secret sometimes. I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2017-11-14 at 06:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Good trolling attempt. The article says nothing about the models.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    So toggle it off then?
    Does Old School Runescape have a toggle for RS3 graphics? Oh it doesn’t. Is Old School Runescape the most successful “classic” edition of the game? Oh it is? Do you think they’d play if it had RS3 graphics? Fuck no.

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    honey if you enjoy playing with shitty 2003 models then this is your problem lol
    He's one of those hipsters who claim the old models were better.