Deleted

Artifact weapons becoming Heirlooms with BfA

Would like the possibility (if you managed to acquire it before BfA prepatch) to see them become heirloom
    weapons with a scaling similiar to the Siege ones? Scaling from lv100-120. And maybe a FoS achi for gaining them all.

No bonus effect just as the normal heirloom weapon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merillo View Post
    No bonus effect just as the normal heirloom weapon
    What would be the difference between using artifacts as heirlooms and just using heirlooms transmogged to artifacts? Most likely, the Artifact Ability for many or most, if not all, specs will be removed or made baseline when BfA pre-patch hits, so that's not an argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clickbait title is clickbait...

Deleted
    Vanity reward for being active during legion, but instead than having a transmo skin to use you can also use them for levelling

Nice title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

We already know Thrall is getting Doomhammer back, so pretty sure we're all giving up/losing our artifacts at some point. Not keeping them as leveling weapons....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    What would be the difference between using artifacts as heirlooms and just using heirlooms transmogged to artifacts? Most likely, the Artifact Ability for many or most, if not all, specs will be removed or made baseline when BfA pre-patch hits, so that's not an argument.
    Insufficient in most cases. A lot of the passives required maxing out to make the spec enjoyable to ANY degree and let's not forget stuff like Shards of Frostmourne with baseline passive and later-acquired main active ability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hambanner View Post
    Insufficient in most cases. A lot of the passives required maxing out to make the spec enjoyable to ANY degree and let's not forget stuff like Shards of Frostmourne with baseline passive and later-acquired main active ability.
    What doers that have to do with what I wrote?

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its a cool idea but it wont happen
    Hi

Deleted
    What doers that have to do with what I wrote?
    A lot if you can read. Can you?

I could actually see this happening. It'd be an easy way for blizz to retire artifact traits and abilities, or at least decoupling them from the weapons themselves, in 8.0. Instead of relics to increase the ilvl of the weapon they could just have it scale 100 to 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    We already know Thrall is getting Doomhammer back, so pretty sure we're all giving up/losing our artifacts at some point. Not keeping them as leveling weapons....
    Why would anyone part with their weapon? That makes zero sense in lore, especially giving it back to the useless bum thrall as an alliance character. Especially the darker themed classes would never part with it on their own accord. They actually missed their best chance with the argus encounter, lorewise we should have destroyed our weapons there, everything else will be dodgy at best from a narrative PoV.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-11-14 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hambanner View Post
    A lot if you can read. Can you?
    I can indeed, but did you read what I was replying to?

I asked if there is no bonus effect on the Artifact when used as Heirloom, then what would be the difference between using the Artifact vs transmogged Heirloom? You replied with something about spec efficiency. That's the thing I do not understand is relevant.

i doubt they will remove it on pre-patch, maybe u have a quest that gives u a new weapon and then made the passives/abilities obatinable trough leveling (and i would say thats skills u will get lvl 112+)

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    i doubt they will remove it on pre-patch, maybe u have a quest that gives u a new weapon and then made the passives/abilities obatinable trough leveling (and i would say thats skills u will get lvl 112+)
    I'm fairly certain they will remove them with the prepatch. So far blizzard never cared what they wreck with the prepatch, leaving even the last guilds stuck on their progression often utterly fucked with high end raiding mecahnics no longer working due to missing skills. Usually these are compensated by a power increase, but overall everything is up to chance. In this case though there might be mutually exclusive or overlapping skills because they will be moved from the weapon to the player. They also will have to decide which interesting effects will make it onto passives and which ones we will be forced to get anew via the HoA. Normally one could argue that they could just slap a level cap on the artifact and disable it afterwards, but I very much doubt that would be sufficient in this case, due to the previously mentioned issues with the skills. The interim is also usually used so that people can get acclimated to the class chances, even with them saying currently that there won't be any overhauls, I wouldn't be so sure about that. If blizzard is prone to do one thing, it's fucking over class balance. The reintruduction of class uniqueness will just about guarantee them messing things up in some way. Leaving the game in some weird bastardized state is probably the bigger issue.