Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think the best way to do it would be a client-side toggle.

Personally I'm interested in gameplay and all the classic systems. As far as graphical improvements go, I would welcome them, but I'd be perfectly okay with old models too.

Give me back the rain though!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    The first edition of RS is irrelevant, as we are talking about a specific version of WoW, and a specific version of RS.

My opinion, shared by many others, is that we want a 1.12.1 systems server, with the item DB scaled back and content on a progressive timeline.

Nost, Elysium, and Lights Hope did this. There’s a proven player base that has played this and liked the implementation. Blizzard should implement something proven instead of making a gamble.
    We have no idea how many of those are willing to stay subscribed for years. We do know that compared to retail numbers they're a fish in the pond because most players don't want to play on private servers.

Just because they're "hardcore" for playing on illegal servers it doesn't mean that their stale purist opinions weigh more, refer to "opinions are like a-holes" quote for more information.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Why not two types of servers? Original Classic and Classic+. Both servers start identically with 1.12, except Classic+ has updated graphics. Original Classic stays the same, forever, after all the bugs are ironed out and maybe content progresses from Ony to Naxx 40. Classic+ is eventually iterated on: class and spec balance, Group Finder, Collections, etc are all decided on with input from the community.

The private server Purists get what they want, people who want Classic Remastered get what they want, and everyone's happy. The only problem is the amount of work necessary to make and update a Classic+ experience. If they're already talking about graphic updates and QoL changes, though, they must already be committed to doing all of that, if necessary.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

My opinion, shared by many others, is that we want a 1.12.1 systems server, with the item DB scaled back and content on a progressive timeline.

Nost, Elysium, and Lights Hope did this.
    So in other words you want a private server? I have good news for you, those already exist.

if they FORCE new animations and models it will suck major balls

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    That will be so impractical, we should give our feedback and let Blizzard design Classic based on that feedback.
    Why is it impractical? They're already doing something that was considered impractical for years by creating Classic servers. Why would it be impractical to isolate a group of servers for Purists, and then proceed development on Classic+?
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2017-11-14 at 07:43 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I am slowly getting the impression Blizzard might just cancel the whole damn thing, seeing such ridiculous self-entitled rants spouting and name calling on all sides.

Just childish tbh.
    Yeah, I am right there with you. Some of those folks are downright factory fresh mental cases straight from the nutter showroom floor. Batshit crazy I tell you batshit crazy. Anybody that'd threaten to kill you over asking for class balance is a certified weirdo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    So in other words you want a private server? I have good news for you, those already exist.
    This wouldn’t be happening without Nost, and the support and outrage of the people who played on these servers.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

It doesn't. It effects how I feel. Blizzard has a responsibility, in my opinion, to make WoW exactly as it was, as a piece of gaming history. Nobody repaints the Mona Lisa with more vibrant colors.

edit: It would make the game less fun for me, as well. These HD models cannot be running around in the old world. They would look weird and out of place. It would take me out of the experience.
    What if it were a client-side option? This was already possible with current WoW, I don't see why it couldn't be with Classic Servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Why not two types of servers? Original Classic and Classic+. Both servers start identically with 1.12, except Classic+ has updated graphics. Original Classic stays the same, forever, after all the bugs are ironed out and maybe content progresses from Ony to Naxx 40. Classic+ is eventually iterated on: class and spec balance, Group Finder, Collections, etc are all decided on with input from the community.

The private server Purists get what they want, people who want Classic Remastered get what they want, and everyone's happy. The only problem is the amount of work necessary to make and update a Classic+ experience. If they're already talking about graphic updates and QoL changes, though, they must already be committed to doing all of that, if necessary.
    I'd opt for this
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    The new models and animations are mostly really great. I understand wanting the old models just because they are original, but having the option for either updated or original models (like it was during WoD) seems like a good compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    you mean a better, more stable version of that? then yeah..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    The new models and animations are mostly really great. I understand wanting the old models just because they are original, but having the option for either updated or original models seems like a good compromise.
    well we "have" this option now, but its not really an option.. cuz these old models we have now arent really old

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    That will be so impractical, we should give our feedback and let Blizzard design Classic based on that feedback.
    It wouldn't be any more impractical than deciding to roll on a PVE or PVP server. You want QoL you roll on the 'PVE' server. You want hardcore vanilla you roll 'PVP'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

-_- why not put in a graphic option in the settings to choose between shitty models that give us warm fuzzy feelings or current models?

"because then it's not vanilla" well then use the shitty model

It doesn't. It effects how I feel. Blizzard has a responsibility, in my opinion, to make WoW exactly as it was, as a piece of gaming history. Nobody repaints the Mona Lisa with more vibrant colors.

edit: It would make the game less fun for me, as well. These HD models cannot be running around in the old world. They would look weird and out of place. It would take me out of the experience.
    This is a pretty valid point. If both world and character models aren't upgraded together then the world is going to appear pretty weird (I'm not sure what the highest resolutions available at the time were but I know I ran 640 x 480 on a CRT monitor). But then if both/either are upgraded are you in a true "vanilla" experience?

My opinion, and just opinion, is let them upgrade both. I want the core mechanics, questlines, and gameplay but with something more visually appealing. There are MANY OTHER VALID OPINIONS from players that believe the complete opposite as me. In the end though, we'll just have to wait and see what they release.
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

Deleted
    Blizzard always say they are taking community response into account but it to this date has never influenced their decisions

sorry you are still subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Don't play then? Pretty easy solution. I'll never understand this stupid vanilla justice warrior trend is with wanting 0 change, that's what your shitty private servers are for if you want a broken shitty game. Let the rest of us enjoy a vanilla style game on an updated client. And if your response contains the slippery slope argument, it is so ludacris, it's obsurd to me that anyone even makes that argument, updating textures, models and interface options is not even remotely relevant to adding things like dungeon finder.
    Sounds like what you really want is the vanillin experience.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    This is a pretty valid point. If both world and character models aren't upgraded together then the world is going to appear pretty weird (I'm not sure what the highest resolutions available at the time were but I know I ran 640 x 480 on a CRT monitor). But then if both/either are upgraded are you in a true "vanilla" experience?

My opinion, and just opinion, is let them upgrade both. I want the core mechanics, questlines, and gameplay but with something more visually appealing. There are MANY OTHER VALID OPINIONS from players that believe the complete opposite as me. In the end though, we'll just have to wait and see what they release.
    The 1.12.1 vanilla client is extremely versatile. My 3440x1440p 21:9 monitor runs it in Ultrawide and 120FPS natively.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

I hope blizzard gets their team together quickly, so that we can have some more concrete information, where their limits of authentic are. I feel like the forum is "discussing" (aka forming two groups and telling each other that they are entitled little children) alot of stuff, that wont even come close to be considered being changed.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    Then why on earth would you like the new models? you enjoy shit? Just kidding, but if they fuck up my old animations i'll be fucking mad.
    The new ones look so much better tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The new ones look so much better tho.
    the textures are good, but the animations are so crap.