Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The weapon in such a system would be trivially easy to acquire and ultimately do nothing more than set the weapon type you're using. Try thinking about it a bit before you say something.

And i'd argue that it is easier to acquire 3 decent relics in Legion than it was to get a weapon you could use before. Up till WoD, the guy who got a weapon off the first boss in the first ID had a huge leg up over the rest of the group.
    okay so stop harping on the 1 weapon thing it was just a small thing, 3 relics is still more than 1 weapon (or even two for dual wielders but OH is usually just a stat stick)

furthermore, relics are easy to come by because gear is much easier to come by, just imagine every single relic that comes from your weekly mythic chest would be a complete weapon, any relic you get from the relinquished tokens would be a weapon. unless blizzard arbitrarily limits weapon drops compared to relic drops we'll be swimming in them.

and it's gonna be much easier to find a decent weapon too because it's not gonna be able to roll with 0 dps traits like half the relics do

and thirdly, why does it matter who gets the first weapon in a raid grp? if you got a proper loot system the guy who could use it the most to benefit the raid will get it, and that's the entire point of gearing really. to beat the bosses with it. sure it feels shit when you're not that guy, but that doesnt mean it's a bad thing that he has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We'll depower our Artifacts to empower Illidan, mark my words.

As for those weapons, that's PVP gear I believe. The real weapons were shown at the art panel as well, and look nice.
    Except that doesn't work since there's another patch that occurs in lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the better question for the thread:

If you transmog an artifact weapon as a druid will it give you the form change?

10+ Year Old Account
    we'll still have the artifacts for transmog, but the only reason we used them was a last ditch effort to destroy the legion. it makes sense that they'd be destroyed or at least lose a lot of their power (lore-wise) in the last raid.

The weapons we get in BfA wont be as strong canonically, but for the sake of the game, theyll be stronger number-wise, since we're advancing in level.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously doubt they will suddenly make rogues/enhancement/fury et cetera farm two weapons again.

I can't remember a previous quality of life improvement, in such a scale, that was reverted to two expansions ago.

I'm pretty sure they have an idea, which is not like artifacts, but carries some of the ideas over.

Still cannot find any clear quotes from blues stating what their plans are for weapons in Battle for Azeroth. Asked @WarcraftDevs, but no reply. This intrigues me because weapons are a big deal compared to armor, imo.

One thing i could see them doing was making it so that everybody only needs one item for weapon slot. So for, say, a Prot warrior, a 1h sword will be a sword and board combo, while for an Outlaw it will turn into two 1h swords.

I really wish they re-added spears as a weapon class and basically made them 1h polearms.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    furthermore, relics are easy to come by because gear is much easier to come by, just imagine every single relic that comes from your weekly mythic chest would be a complete weapon, any relic you get from the relinquished tokens would be a weapon. unless blizzard arbitrarily limits weapon drops compared to relic drops we'll be swimming in them.
    Having more individual pieces makes RNG have less impact. Even if you can't get the relic for one slot, you'll probably get one for another, so you can still upgrade your weapon. It also lessens the impact of the weapon slot on overall performance, making you less reliant on getting a specific singular item.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    If you transmog an artifact weapon as a druid will it give you the form change?
    They did say they want to keep the ability to use and change the forms, though so far they haven't anounced how this will be done. Imo, they should just add regular form to the list and let us use the Artifact forge to change them like now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    we'll still have the artifacts for transmog, but the only reason we used them was a last ditch effort to destroy the legion. it makes sense that they'd be destroyed or at least lose a lot of their power (lore-wise) in the last raid.

The weapons we get in BfA wont be as strong canonically, but for the sake of the game, theyll be stronger number-wise, since we're advancing in level.
    Some of the Artifacts are also rather dangerous to use, like all Rogue weapons(all have demonic origins) or the Scythe of Elune(which is barely under control), so you'd want to put them to rest when you don't need them.
    Last edited by huth; 2017-11-09 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Having more individual pieces makes RNG have less impact. Even if you can't get the relic for one slot, you'll probably get one for another, so you can still upgrade your weapon. It also lessens the impact of the weapon slot on overall performance, making you less reliant on getting a specific singular item.
    it also makes it nigh impossible to max your weapon out.
    finding one 955 is vastly easier than finding 3 955 relics with right traits+crucible

yeah, there will be bigger powerjumps, but those powerjumps will be much easier to get.

there are pros and cons to both variations, but i think with gear pouring from everywhere and TF we wont have an issue to find a decent weapon.

and finding the best one will be way easier now

7+ Year Old Account
    Im extremely happy that we will get weapondrops again. To me a weapondrop has a similar effect when I get a legendary without the need to keep feeding it artifact power. Hope to see a few nice looking weapons.

i see some people ignore a 4 big letters on this forum... LORE. LORE made your artifact powerfull and famous, LORE allowed you to take it, LORE will make you use it's power to:
    1. imprison Sargeras at the end of expsnaion (and lore don't f**king care if you only pvp! you are - for your character perspective - top notch of your class. You are the saviour and you saved azeroth, or either you are simple grunt guarding orgrimmar)
    2. heal the wound in silithus (or at least close it so our dear titan won'r die from bloodloss)
    3. Return major artifacts to their owners (doomhammer, eagletalon, MM bow, etc., etc.) or seal them in some forgotten place cause their power is just too dark and tempting (scythe, frostmourne swords, Apocalypse, etc.) so you won't go mad and start killing everything just for lulz.
    4. something something in the new book

and the main thing. it's BLIZZARD who with making this game will write LORE for it (have other opinion - go and create your own game, or "read the book" from your favourite autor), and we will lose this weapons by LORE (while keeping nice pack of pixels in our bank for gameplay purpose).

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    *snip*
    And I see you're missing the simple fact that we don't need to keep the artifact weapons in order to keep the relic system for regular epic weapons...

I know i'm not happy with the old weapon system where they have to drop from a certain boss.
    I have an unlucky streak going ever since MoP where i never had the optimal weapon to drop despite killing the bosses quite a number of times.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose184 View Post
    Just transmog your lame weapon into Ashbringer or whatever and problem solved.
    Pretty much but people will bitch regardless. I think those PVP weapons look fine and I love troll themed shit!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Once upon a time, we looted weapons just like any other loot.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, the playerbase is upset if they carry on artifact weapons and is also upset if they don't. That's the nature of things, someone, somewhere will always cry about a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
    I remember when people were shocked about this when TBC was coming out. How is it still surprising this happens every expansion?
    because it makes a convenient thing to complain about.

NO I AINT GOING BACK TO THAT TIME, I WILL NOT GIVE MY FROSTMOUNE TO ANYONE.

/cry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    I'd like to get more exotic weapons too. Morning stars, flails, trident, things like that.
    A whip - Indiana Jones style?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    NO I AINT GOING BACK TO THAT TIME, I WILL NOT GIVE MY FROSTMOUNE TO ANYONE.

/cry
    Make a DK Alt and dont level past 110. You can keep your Frostmourne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    A whip - Indiana Jones style?

- - - Updated - - -

Make a DK Alt and dont level past 110. You can keep your Frostmourne.
    Or he can just transmog it

Deleted
    I just hope weapons wont be able to war/titanforge in BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadhak View Post
    Yeah, but what the heck am I going to find in Kul-Tiras that is just as powerful as an empowered Ashbringer? Lore wise this really makes zero sense.
    This was always the problem with artifacts. You're given these iconic weapons which are among the most powerful in all of Azeroth because we need them to push back the Legion. Then we're going to replace them with Farmer John's Sword of the Monkey at 111? It will be interesting to see how they explain this lorewise or if they just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansi View Post
    We’re definitely losing the artifacts, but how will weapons work in the next expansion? I cannot seem to find any info regarding this anywhere.

With the relic system, weapon upgrading felt smoother and not as difficult as in previous expansions. Will we see a new system based on this, perhaps with just ilevels? Or will we go back to farming certain bosses for that one weapon with mastery? And will weapons be able to titanforge?

Did Blizzard enlighten anyone on weapons in Battle for Azeroth?
    It will be like pre-legion: it doesn't drop for you, it drops for someone else, until you get yours everybody thinks you suck ass at this game even if you play better. Nothing new, exciting, good or smart here.