Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

You think you want to eat 14 year old ice-cream, but you don't

Prefacing this with the fact I played vanilla when it was current and will play Classic whatever it ends up as.

For me in regards to Classic WoW a purist is pretty much synonymous with a cynicist. They believe that starting to make changes to the game will make it a worse experience.

They can not conceive the fact that a 14 year old game can be improved upon whilst maintaining it's core identity. This is through a lack of faith, mainly in the community to decide the right changes.

Unfortunately, some of them have also since then been playing THE EXACT SAME GAME start to finish over and over again. It's not an authentic vanilla experience for them anymore but maybe that's not what they want. Maybe they would prefer an untouched game because they've played it more than anyone else and get a huge e-peen from being the best at it.

If Classic WoW is a copy and paste of vanilla it's not going to be the equivalent to "an authentic vanilla experience", it will be a degraded vanilla experience because we've all played it before, 14 years ago. To be an authentic vanilla experience it has to capture our imaginations as the original did.
    Last edited by mmocd2ad2cb4e7; 2017-11-14 at 10:07 PM.

They can not conceive the fact that a 14 year old game can be improved upon whilst maintaining it's core identity.
    We understand this fact. We just think the changes made are shit.

Also, reported for stroking your e-peen by announcing you don't like Classic on the Classic forums.

I'm actually for them making some changes just to throw us off, it would actually be a more authentic experience in a way since a big part of what made vanilla great was not having all the answers from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Prefacing this with the fact I played vanilla when it was current.

For me in regards to Classic WoW a purist is pretty much synonymous with a cynicist. They believe that starting to make changes to the game will make it a worse experience.

They can not conceive the fact that a 14 year old game can be improved upon whilst maintaining it's core identity. This is through a lack of faith, mainly in the community to decide the right changes.

Unfortunately, some of them have also since then been playing THE EXACT SAME GAME start to finish over and over again. It's not an authentic vanilla experience for them anymore but maybe that's not what they want. Maybe they would prefer an untouched game because they've played it more than anyone else and get a huge e-peen from being the best at it.

If Classic WoW is a copy and paste of vanilla it's not going to be the equivalent to "an authentic vanilla experience", it will be a degraded vanilla experience because we've all played it before, 14 years ago. To be an authentic vanilla experience it has to capture our imaginations as the original did.
    Im not sure you know what authentic means...

Its a pointless garbage discussion, let them get whatever they want to get, someone will always complain.

What i would really like to see as an end result from this would be something like, keep the core of the game, the RPG elements, do some basic fixing/balancing of a few things, like pointless glancing blows and start releasing the already existing raids that have been added all these years as 60 content, fixed and scaled down to match the stats, increase the gear also if you want, /care about that.

But its something i would play, i have done 99% of what Vanilla had to offer back when it was relevant, but playing TBC/WOTLK etc raids in the 60 setting might be fun

I play FF6 and Chronotrigger once every few years. They're far older than wow, and I still enjoy that experience.

I also went back and played EQ1 (which makes vanilla wow look like a veritable cakewalk) and enjoyed it.

I'll enjoy Classic servers, old playstyle or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i think you are wrong,there are alot of people who are playing now on private servers,and alot of people are waiting for this excitement,many will stop playing after a while but many will stay and play Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play private servers all the time, I think I know what I want. People like myself aren't trying to 100% recapture Vanilla, we all know that isn't possible for various reasons. That doesn't mean we still won't have fun revisiting it and going down memory lane.

The reason we want "pure" Vanilla with no changes is because that's what this server is suppose to be, plain and simple. A recreation. If I made another Statue of David and... enhanced him... it's no longer a recreation of David, it's my version of David. Everyone wants their version of Vanilla because they think it's the best, because people are people and can't see beyond their little bubble.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2017-11-14 at 09:31 PM.

Yeah, that kind of titles went so well for Blizzard, can't see what could possibly go wrong here.

Anyway, you had a chance to say your opinion. Good for you. Doesn't mean you'd be right when talking about others. Me for example. I want Vanilla exactly as it was back then, if at all possible. And that is a hopeful sentiment, not a cynical one.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I'm actually for them making some changes just to throw us off, it would actually be a more authentic experience in a way since a big part of what made vanilla great was not having all the answers from the beginning.
    I'd love to see some twists, too. Imagine if they changed the way some encounters worked, or added in some new bosses. I'd personally welcome the challenge. Plus, it'd be cool to see how the "vanilla was easy" crowd deals with something they've not had a decade to learn. Of course, I'm all for just copy-paste Vanilla, too. I honestly don't care so long as the game has that old school RPG/challenge, risk-reward feel.

Blizzard made a purposeful decision to change their design philosophies to appeal to even more people to make more money. This doesn't make them evil.

But it also doesn't mean people who liked the old way wrong or cynical.

Pretty simple really.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a pointless post. Whatever, if you really want to stand shoulder to shoulder with people advocating things like the post-Cata World & quests, have at it.

Everyone has their own opinion, yours happen to be contraditory to what the entire Vanilla WoW community wants.

Just let us play an exact clone of Vanilla WoW, that's what we want, it won't bother you.
    Last edited by Slashnox; 2017-11-14 at 10:44 PM.

You have no idea what I want. For a post that really only shares your opinion, there sure is a lot of "they" and "them" in your post. It's like... you're trying to speak for other people, but you're really bad at it?

I don't even know wtf you're on about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    We understand this fact. We just think the changes made are shit.

Also, reported for stroking your e-peen by announcing you don't like Classic on the Classic forums.
    You do not understand this fact because "the changes made" haven't actually, you know, been made yet.

You also fail to understand that someone elses idea of classic may differ from yours, and as it's a work in progress that makes you look very silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    What a pointless post. Whatever, if you really want to stand shoulder to shoulder with people advocating things like the post-Cata World & quests, have at it.
    What a pointless post from you, you have no idea what changes I am advocating and I don't need to stand shoulder to shoulder with anyone advocating any different.

depends on the changes, m8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    Everyone has their own opinion, yours happen to be contraditory to what the entire Vanilla WoW community wants.

Just let us play an exact clone of Vanilla WoW, that's what we want, it won't both you.
    Entire vanilla community =/= you or indeed MMO champion. Go and take a look on the official forums (would be posting there but unsubbed). If you want an exact clone of Vanilla WoW go play on a private server. It will bother me if Blizzard releases a copy-paste of vanilla because they could do so much better than that 14 years later.

Prefacing this with the fact I played vanilla when it was current.

Ok many points here to fix cuz you're wrong. This is not an opinion so pointless to argue, just learn and move on.

1. The point of purists is not that they think changing the game will make it worse, it's that they know that if you modify something, it becomes something else. What asked for was vanilla, not modified vanilla.

2. Depending on the changes made the core identity can be tremendously altered. Sure if they fix the "stuck in looting" bug it won't change that much and everybody will be happy. But making ret, disc or arcane a viable spec would completely change the game. They were unplayed specs in vanilla and should stay unplayed specs. The line between acceptable changes and destroying the game can be very thin.

3. Of course it's not gonna be the same authentic experience, when it released we will be 15 years older than we were when we played it. There's absolutely nothing the game can do to recreate that experience because WE as players have changed more than the game did. We will never re-live the same experience but at least if the game is not changed no one will be able to blame the game.

There's 2 very important points to releasing Classic as close to vanilla as possible:
    1. Give people what they asked for.
    2. A reality check for many people even among those who asked for vanilla that they in fact cannot handle what it really was and their memory played games on them. Also to shut up people who kept saying "vanilla was so much better than this" since like forever. I mean some people still think classes had more abilities in vanilla than they do in Legion, bunch of delusional fucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    depends on the changes, m8
    It depends on the changes for people not in the MUH vanilla crowd also but they think we all want LFG, Flying and Transmog

It depends on the changes for people not in the MUH vanilla crowd also but they think we all want LFG, Flying and Transmog
    you realize that more ppl want vanilla exactly how it was.. maybe not on this website(but perhaps even here), cuz this website is full of players that started playing wow in wod or whatever..

also alot of ppl that wanted vanilla dont even play current wow/read forums/reddit at all

when you read every thread about changes that ppl want there are 20 ppl that telling them to stfu for each one of the crying ppl that want something changed

so called "MUH vanilla crowd" are also people, ya know

you prob love your QoL bullshit, dont you?