Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Source please

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

That's uhh... not what white knight means... at all.
    Actually it does, anyone that stands passionately for any purpose and won't even consider others opinions can be called a "white knight," for said purpose, the definition is open to interpretation.

The reason to release classic WoW is so people can experience Vanilla that didn't have the chance and those that did to go back and play it again. Specially experiencing the world before the Cataclysm. If you make any changes to the game, it isn't Vanilla anymore. If you look at like an equations x+1 and x+1+1 are not the same period. You add one thing, and you have something different.

Blizzard has said that they aren't adding any of the modern gameplay aspects like LFG and etc.... I know most the changes are on the backend for the servers. Characters models I think you get a lot of issues when you start messing with that. Specially, considering they'd have to redo entire animations as Vanilla had spells that have been removed from the game since then.

While I do think, some of teh game breaking bugs that happen will be fixed, which will make changes (Corrupted Blood incident, C'thun unkillable, Captain Placeholder etc....) I don't know about animations. Seems like it'd be a lot of wasted time for the animators to rewrite animations for the new characters models so they can have a Warlock use Searing Pain and etc....

The quest zone flow is a l2p issue. If we're catering to people at that skill level, these changes aren't headed in a good direction.
    There are literally unfinished quest lines in Vanilla, even unfinished zones. Yes, confirmed by blizzard. There were even quest, which never worked as intended. No, it is not L2P issue. While you can find the best way to level up, things just are not in way they should be.

TBC without flying doesn't work. Flying also isn't bad. People who hate flying have fallen for the single biggest meme Blizzard has ever endorsed. Flying didn't kill community and open world interaction. Lobbies did..
    Never said it killed community, but hell, it pretty much killed World PvP. And believe me. WPvP was thing, where I spent 60-70% of my wow time.

Here's a better idea, rather than promoting impossible, time-consuming and/or bad changes. Let Blizzard use pure Classic Servers (and later BC, & WotLK ones) to gauge player reaction to and interaction with different elements of the game.

If something is a success, bring it over to live. If something isn't a success, leave it as is on the Classic Server, but take note and avoid it on live.

There's the opportunity to make the game better. Not splinter it, ruin vanilla and opt to create an alternate WoW. Just let Vanilla stand as-is, and encourage live to become more like vanilla
    Here I disagree completely. First, they have to recreate Vanilla experience anyway, so during the process, they could actually make changes where needed.

And while I know we are talking too much into the future (first step is get Classic out in form, people will actually like it), but I would love to see "alternative WoW" developed along side of current one. It may never happen but I really hope they will see that potential and will use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you're not even sure expansion we are in huh. Double picard facepalm for you.
    Nice try, but let's not pretend there's been a major shift in design-philosophy between WoD & Legion. If you want to talk about this game's overall success, which has quite a bit to do with inertia from previous iterations, I'm allowed to bring up recent failures from our current class of Devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    So listen please - we want exactly the same icecream that we ate before. If it comes with those crumbs we will be fine with it. We don't want any other changes to it whatsoever, nor even the looks of it (we want our icecream ball!!11one) or it will not be the original icecream we have been asking for.
    If the manufacturer does not comply or they will agree with that modern icecream lovers crowd we will just go back to those enthusiasts and eat their icecream because it is vanilla ball shaped icecream in a waffle cone. That's what we've been asking for and that's what we want. But I can bet a lunch that if the manufacturer will invest all the money in this production line to make "updated" vanilla icecream that is not actually real "Vanilla" vanilla icecream we would not repetitively buy it and the current icecream lovers won't as well so all that investment will be in vain.

Hope this is clear!
    Your analogy sucks btw, but that's not the point.

Understand there is no We. There are just potential WoW: Classic players with different opinions what should or should not be in WoW: Classic. There is no right or wrong decision. WoW: Classic is not 2004 WoW and never will be. It will be something, what is supposed to be very close and very similar experience to WoW: Vanilla. And how close it is up to debate. So the best thing you can say is, what you want or you don't want, but don't pretend there is some group of true WoW vanilla players and these others, who don't understand - good and evil. There are just players, everyone of us has chance to give feedback what we believe is best, but ultimately Blizzard will decide, how much they will change Vanilla WoW. Some people will be happy, some will be less happy but that's about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    I find it also hilarious all these white knights in here, "If they change this or this or this, I will not play."

hahaha yes you will. don't lie to yourselves.
    Nah I’ll just play a private server.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    Reading these forums is so disheartening. I guess it's not enough that blizzard has brought back classic servers due to massive appeal, but what it's now doing is splitting people into two different groups. Why are people whining so much? Look at the posts created here, people claiming if they add newer models they wont play lol, are you serious?

Why do people feel so entitled to get what they want just because they played the game during its original form? If you don't like what they're doing, don't play it. It's that simple. I'm sure many of the people crying on these threads are still going to end up playing it anyway despite the "horrible" changes that'll happen.
    The same thing can be said to everyone. So whats the point?

"I don't play if there is no class balance"
    "I don't play if there isn't LFG"
    [...]
    And so on...

So, you're not even sure expansion we are in huh. Double picard facepalm for you.
    You know that blizzard don't publish subscriber numbers anymore since then?
    Last edited by Vintersol; 2017-11-14 at 10:17 PM.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    if they force the shit new character models on us and the new animations rigs and skeletons I will not play.
    Pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps if you played the game you would not vomit garbage like this out.
    I do, Legion is clearly an evolution from WoD, with a large number of design aspects either expanded upon or tweaked. Throwing world quests and artifacts on top doesn't really change much.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Your analogy sucks btw, but that's not the point.

Understand there is no We. There are just potential WoW: Classic players with different opinions what should or should not be in WoW: Classic. There is no right or wrong decision. WoW: Classic is not 2004 WoW and never will be. It will be something, what is supposed to be very close and very similar experience to WoW: Vanilla. And how close it is up to debate. So the best thing you can say is, what you want or you don't want, but don't pretend there is some group of true WoW vanilla players and these others, who don't understand - good and evil. There are just players, everyone of us has chance to give feedback what we believe is best, but ultimately Blizzard will decide, how much they will change Vanilla WoW. Some people will be happy, some will be less happy but that's about it.
    You are misguided my friend. WE are those who signed petition to Blizzard when Nost was closed. We are those who initially asked to bring vanilla back. That's who WE sre. You and those who ask for the changes are not part of WE. So WE know exactly what WE want and that's what WE asked for. YOU can go play retail and please don't corrupt our Vanilla.

Deleted
    dont you mean blizzard want to hear back?

You are misguided my friend. WE are those who signed petition to Blizzard when Nost was closed. We are those who initially asked to bring vanilla back. That's who WE sre. You and those who ask for the changes are not part of WE. So WE know exactly what WE want and that's what WE asked for. YOU can go play retail and please don't corrupt our Vanilla.
    How do you know ManiaCCC didn't sign that petition? Where's your proof? How do you know everyone who signed that petition agrees with your current stance? What if someone who signed that petition wants a change like having the Pet Journal or transmog? Are they removed from your "WE?"

Buddy, blizzard is not making Classic for you. They are making Classic for old players, for these who never had chance to play Vanilla before or new players. You are still riding your high horse without realizing, where you belong. You belong where everyone else. Your opinion has same weight like mine or anyone else. If you see things different, grow up son and fast, because you will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    How do you know ManiaCCC didn't sign that petition? Where's your proof? How do you know everyone who signed that petition agrees with your current stance? What if someone who signed that petition wants a change like having the Pet Journal or transmog? Are they removed from your "WE?"
    Thank you.

Just to make it clear. I DID sign that petition.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are literally unfinished quest lines in Vanilla, even unfinished zones. Yes, confirmed by blizzard. There were even quest, which never worked as intended. No, it is not L2P issue. While you can find the best way to level up, things just are not in way they should be.
    Unfinished questlines and zones apparently weren't a problem considering that I and many others hit 60 back then. They shouldn't be making changes to cater to people too stupid to figure things like this out.

Never said it killed community, but hell, it pretty much killed World PvP. And believe me. WPvP was thing, where I spent 60-70% of my wow time.
    WPvP falls into the "open world interaction" bit. As someone who wasted plenty of time doing WPvP in Classic and BC, flying mounts weren't really an issue. Honestly, the first significant knock against WPvP was WotLK-era sharding.

Here I disagree completely. First, they have to recreate Vanilla experience anyway, so during the process, they could actually make changes where needed.
    So you want them to waste even more time developing alternate WoW, when they could just put pure Vanilla up, and let the current Dev team take notes?

And while I know we are talking too much into the future (first step is get Classic out in form, people will actually like it), but I would love to see "alternative WoW" developed along side of current one. It may never happen but I really hope they will see that potential and will use it.
    We don't need alternate WoW, though. That's a pet theory of yours, but there's not enough appeal to justify the resources needed to continuously develop it. Such a project also ruins the spirit of what they're after.

It's much better to just put out proper Vanilla and let the devs working on live WoW take the hint.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    The petition was to recreate the original vanilla WoW servers not augmented Vanilla WOW servers. People who signed it didn't ask for any changes. So it excludes those who want changes automatically. As for the proofs - do you have the proofs of him signing it?

The petition was to recreate the original vanilla WoW servers not augmented Vanilla WOW servers. People who signed it didn't ask for any changes. So it excludes those who want changes automatically. As for the proofs - do you have the proofs of him signing it?
    Did it? I'm going to need to see the writing. I'm also going to need to see where it says that you cannot change your mind. I don't need proof that he signed it because I'm not the one creating an in-group and out-group that has an initiation process of filling a textbox. You're the one trying to say he's an out-groupie with no real way of proving it one way or another.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buddy, blizzard is not making Classic for you. They are making Classic for old players, for these who never had chance to play Vanilla before or new players. You are still riding your high horse without realizing, where you belong. You belong where everyone else. Your opinion has same weight like mine or anyone else. If you see things different, grow up son and fast, because you will be disappointed.

Thank you.

Just to make it clear. I DID sign that petition.
    The petition was to recreate the original classic Vanilla. It was not to create the updated Vanilla. So either you are full of shit that you signed it or you really didn't know what you were asking for.
    And yes I am the one Blizz is making vanilla for because I asked and fought for it. They are sure as hell not making vanilla for those who never asked for it.

I signed the petition and I want changes. I'm part of the WE. The petition was about bringing back Vanilla, in any shape or form. That was the original intent regardless of any particulars of how pure it would be. I didn't sign the petition under the impression that it would be official Vanilla with absolutely no tweaks and only bug fixes. I am part of the group who thinks Blizzard is right for exploring 'recreating the Vanilla experience' and not just regurgitating the 2004 client.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Unfinished questlines and zones apparently weren't a problem considering that I and many others hit 60 back then. They shouldn't be making changes to cater to people too stupid to figure things like this out.
    Close minded is your second name, isn't it? You are exactly one of these guys, who are afraid of change and don't know why.

Just because it was serviceable it means any changes are bad? I would love to see these quest to conclude somehow or just have zones done as they were planned by original devs (and these people are still in blizzard btw). Believe or not, I was actually reading quest, not just looking for coordinates on internet.

I wont touch rest of your post. There is not much I can add. You see things differently and that's okay.

- - - Updated - - -

The petition was to recreate the original classic Vanilla. It was not to create the updated Vanilla. So either you are full of shit that you signed it or you really didn't know what you were asking for.
    And yes I am the one Blizz is making vanilla for because I asked and fought for it. They are sure as hell not making vanilla for those who never asked for it.
    here is that petition and read it:
    https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhai...raft-community

To keep is short, you are full of shit.