Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    absolutely yes, provided they don't bring shitty live wow graphics/character models into classic wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    absolutely yes, provided they don't bring shitty live wow graphics/character models into classic wow
    You must be joking?

I love my mage, but I'll probably play a shaman in classic

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    This!

People that didnt play vanilla or have some fucked up memory of the horror apparently dont remember this SHIT............... also Frostbolt!
    You act like mage couldn't level any other way. If you were a good mage you AoE grinded 3-4 mobs with an AoE build. You both were/are bad mages.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    You must be joking?
    I want to play an undead mage, as I did from Vanilla until WoD when they released the results of their character model updates

undead models on live look fucking stupid since the WoD update

if they stick the live "updated" undead models into WoW Classic, I wont be wasting money on it

hopefully that clears up if I was joking or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorrum View Post
    You act like mage couldn't level any other way. If you were a good mage you AoE grinded 3-4 mobs with an AoE build. You both were/are bad mages.
    Level?.. Yeah I'm talking about raiding.... u know, endgame?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to play an undead mage, as I did from Vanilla until WoD when they released the results of their character model updates

if they stick the live "updated" undead models into WoW Classic, I wont be wasting money on it

Well, now that you've elaborated I understand better. I would love if my Goblins' ears didn't stick through every helmet he's wearing :-P

Absolutely not! Been my main since TBC, and I want to try something different... Shaman speaks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorrum View Post
    I'm certain the way you level proves your skill as a player. You're probably someone who thinks that having more achievement points means you're a better player. It doesn't, nor does leveling you're bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Absolutely not! Been my main since TBC, and I want to try something different... Shaman speaks to me.
    Switching frostbolt for frost shock that's a good change in pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Switching frostbolt for frost shock that's a good change in pace.
    But with totems!

Deleted

I can't get your problem since there is no such thing that "live model". Currently there are two models in the game: low and high detailed ones and it is up to the player which one to use. You can switch between these two options in graphical settings. It's like saying that "I'm unsubbing cos the game supports 8xAA; I can and in fact I do play with 2xAA settings, but the pure fact that one can select 8xAA makes me so frustrated that I unsub". (I know that the running/spell casting animations were standardized with Legion, but that is a very minor thing imo.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lovassy View Post
    I can't get your problem since there is no such thing that "live model". Currently there are two models in the game: low and high detailed ones and it is up to the player which one to use. You can switch between these two options in graphical settings. It's like saying that "I'm unsubbing cos the game supports 8xAA; I can and in fact I do play with 2xAA settings, but the pure fact that one can select 8xAA makes me so frustrated that I unsub". (I know that the running/spell casting animations were standardized with Legion, but that is a very minor thing imo.)
    on live right now, vanilla models do not exist - your choice is between updated models with updated faces and updated animations (which makes undead male look dumb as fuck), or updated models with vanilla faces stretched over the new frame + updated animations (which makes undead male look dumb as fuck)

what you are talking about (having a toggle between 100% new models/animations and 100% old models/animations) existed in WoD, but was pruned in Legion

Deleted
    on live right now, vanilla models do not exist - your choice is between updated models with updated faces and updated animations (which makes undead male look dumb as fuck), or updated models with vanilla faces stretched over the new frame + updated animations (which makes undead male look dumb as fuck)

what you are talking about (having a toggle between 100% new models/animations and 100% old models/animations) existed in WoD, but was pruned in Legion
    I mentioned the Legion changes, but they seemed quiet minor to me - only tried it on my gnome so maybe that is the reason their old and new skeletons are almost identical.

I hope these classic servers will use the original models, spell animations, etc. (even though I prefer the new character visuals over the old ones in almost all cases)

To the original topic: I started wow in mid/late vanilla as a mage, but I guess this time I will return as a warlock as a gnome warlock of course

Deleted
    I'm not into getting back to old things.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    How "classic" will it be? If there is no flying the teleport is super nice to have. Having played mage back when it was current content it might act like a blast from the past. I just dont want to relive some aspects such as making/conjuring food for a 40-man raid. Leveling and all such things was fine. I'll wait for it to become more real before deciding.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Do you like healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Do you like healing?
    Yup !

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    If there is no flying ....
    Considering Flying was introduced in BC, I wouldn't count on it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    Considering Flying was introduced in BC, I wouldn't count on it.
    While that is true I seriously doubt we'll see a "complete classic" or vanilla experience. My comment was more in the line of since we can fly, there, now and people are used to it I wonder if that is one of the things that they'll keep around. If they don't, ie remove flying, then teleportation becomes a whole lot more valuable.

Problem with caster classes back in vanilla was that they didn't scale with gear, i mean that frostbolt did 500 dmg in full greens and the same dmg in full dungeon blues, int only gave larger mana pool and more crit, spell dmg was gained under the form "increases dmg and healing done by spells and effects up to X" with epic raid gear, on the other hand there were classes like rogue who had some abilities that didn't scale AT ALL, eviscerate did the same dmg at any gear level, no matter if you were in full t2 or naked (hence the famous roguecraft videos), nonetheless a large portion of rogue's output were cp builders and those abilities scaled REAAAAAALLY well with weapon and gear...
    With that said i'll probably go rogue on classis servers since i mained rogue that time and i have a score to settle with chromaggus and his loot table
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©