Requierments for raid in.

Hi all together. I played Vanilla from the beginning and raided Naxxramas up to the four horsemen.
    I just found all of my old, loved raiding videos and asked myself which requirements /preparations must be fulfilled for each raid since I have to admit that my memories are a little bit vague about this.
    MC: prequest for faster access, water to extinguish flames, fire resistance gear, hunters with tranquility shot
    BWL: prequest for faster access, fire resistance gear, hunters with tranquility shot, the cloak to prevent you ding from the breath of some bosses
    AQ: Server collecting shitloads of materials for the opening, nature resistance gear
    Naxx:?
    ZG:?
    Maybe some of you can help me to complete the list

Reading this post makes me wonder why anyone who raided in classic would ever be interested in doing it again. Talk about a total shit-show. It's going to be funny when, a year after release, no one has cleared AQ40 or Naxx.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Reading this post makes me wonder why anyone who raided in classic would ever be interested in doing it again. Talk about a total shit-show. It's going to be funny when, a year after release, no one has cleared AQ40 or Naxx.
    That would be perfect! It shouldn't be doable in a year anyways.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

Hey I was the main tank for any guild I was in so I had it easier than some. Resist gear was farmed for me or majority of the mats. Even in TBC as well. FeelsGood. People who didn't play back then can have fun reliving the true Vanilla experience in its entirety hopefully See how many months they last.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

15+ Year Old Account
    You also have to farm mats for consumables / consumables. And Soul Shards if you're a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    It really should be, though. The way classic raids handled loot was terrible. 40-man raid bosses dropping 3 pieces of loot? Sometimes dropping multiple tier pieces for a single class, of which all of those in your raid already have?

If you know the fights and are capable of handling them, loot shouldn't ever be a major gate. The main difficulty in classic raiding was getting 40 people geared up enough for the content... and that's a really stupid roadblock. If the only thing keeping me from BWD is that I have to farm Molten Core for another 3-4 months, I don't see the point.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2017-11-15 at 02:53 AM.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

7+ Year Old Account
    It really should be, though. The way classic raids handled loot was terrible. 40-man raid bosses dropping 3 pieces of loot? Sometimes dropping multiple tier pieces for classes that already have them.

If you know the fights and are capable of handling them, loot shouldn't ever be a major gate. The main difficulty in classic raiding was getting 40 people geared up enough for the content... and that's a really stupid roadblock.
    Stupid for you maybe. It makes the loot feel extra special, exclusive, and exciting.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

Stupid for you maybe. It makes the loot feel extra special, exclusive, and exciting.
    It makes it feel like a complete waste when you're sharding 75% of the loot. Read the complaints in this reddit thread and try to explain how that's exciting or special. Exclusive? It sure was, but I can't see how that's a good thing. If you can handle the content, you should get the rewards. The only difference between someone wearing full tier and someone wearing a bunch of random pieces? Luck.

There's nothing exciting about having to wait months to get an upgrade.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2017-11-15 at 03:05 AM.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

It really should be, though. The way classic raids handled loot was terrible. 40-man raid bosses dropping 3 pieces of loot? Sometimes dropping multiple tier pieces for a single class, of which all of those in your raid already have?

If you know the fights and are capable of handling them, loot shouldn't ever be a major gate. The main difficulty in classic raiding was getting 40 people geared up enough for the content... and that's a really stupid roadblock. If the only thing keeping me from BWD is that I have to farm Molten Core for another 3-4 months, I don't see the point.
    Blizzard has answered your prayer. Molten Core does not need to be seen to enter BWD. Do couple dungeons and jump right in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Blizzard has answered your prayer. Molten Core does not need to be seen to enter BWD. Do couple dungeons and jump right in.
    BWL in blues?
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

BWL in blues?
    Won't you also need to get enough people with the Onyxia cloak to not get nuked by shadowflame?

I remember some videos of top tier guilds that did bosses from raids with all players completely naked... And if you remember right, ilvl "didnt" exist back them, and when it was implemented to show off in TBC, MC, BWL and AQ all have like 4-6 ilvl dif. between gear.

So... gear meant shit. Except some tier pieces that gave a fuckload of bonuses.

BWL in blues?
    You might have missed the joke

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    Won't you also need to get enough people with the Onyxia cloak to not get nuked by shadowflame?
    Which was blue item funnily enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Which was blue item funnily enough.
    I forgot about that part. Weird given Onyxia dropped epics and you needed to get that blue to get other epics. Guess item color was always irrelevant.

Depends if it's incremental or not.
    With current knowledge, guides and addons 1-60 is achievable in around 4-6 days in vanilla/classic, not talking about retail here.
    If everything is available from the scratch that you only need to progress through it gear wise (resistance gear and tiers etc), i'd give it a couple of months, depends how tight the gear bottleneck is and how accurate representation of the original it is, since private servers can clear up to naxx within weeks now, since the player skill level is higher gear is not as big of a factor than it used to be (it's still a requirement since skill won't cure oneshotted tanks or lack of dps just from pure gear etc), but that's not a good reference here.
    This will be the case of guild poaching, several guilds going at the same time to gear up top players, then one guild hoarding 40 of the top to clear naxx40. It would be naive to assume it won't happen, cause that was literally what happened in vanilla, but this time there's more people aiming for raiding for the currently unobtainable rewards. So it's just going to be a case of eat or be eaten.
    The more there are guilds doing mc, bwl and even aq40 the faster one guild can poach for naxx, cause it takes longer to gear up several 40 mans raids with the amount of loot dropping than one guild just taking the cream off the top for themselves, making it more and more likely for people who've gotten gear to move forward to the next level and guilds offering the next content and are happy to take geared members for their own progression. It pissed off people then and it will piss off people now, but if it's you moving onwards faster, no one is going to have problem when it happens to themself, it's the others that have the problem.

If it's time gated to mimic the original release then it's going to take longer and guilds can progress on their own pace, only thing as the bottleneck is 4 horseman because of the tank requirement, but since people will likely be playing offspecs too since that's the norm now otherwise, stealing members will or will not occur for it, depends on players.

But I assure you, there's going to be a load of people going for this in haste.
    How do I know, well i'm one of those people, since there's only one reason to me and for many to even play classic.
    6 days from launch is the absolute maximum to be at 60. And week to be in full dungeon blues ready for raiding.
    And then it's a race to who can get to Scarab Lord the fastest.
    This is also depending if Blizzard is willing to do resets with the classic progression, resetting the server to start again from scratch once naxx is cleared or creating another server and another and another.
    The raid content is a cakewalk for current mythic level players in difficulty, since the bosses aren't that much of brain teasers and if something is dbm or some similar addon makes sure it is not, cause addons are done by the community, something even the purists can't take out of the game. They will exist, i'd argue that they will exist even in the current retail level, depends on the api, but from what i've understood the vanilla api allowed much more complex addons than what the current does, people just didn't know how to use it as they do now. So whatever it's based on, the addons might offer even more than what they currently do.

The obstacle is to get 40 people, or that was the obstacle in the past.
    That's hardly the case anymore since there's once in a lifetime rewards to be had on the line, people will do everything in their power for that. There will be people lining up for their shot, not everyone, but a lot of people who play for such cause.
    And when they don't get it they will start demanding the server resets or more servers so they can go again and again and again until they get their title, mount or gear set. Cause that's how people work. They want what they can't have, heck if i had the money right now, i would buy the entire Blizzard-Activision, make them reinstate the old Bang a Gong in retail, complete the quest and then sell the company to the next buyer. (That's literally saying that if i had that kind of money, no, i would not cure would hunger, i would buy a mount or really two in a game with it, for humanity it must be a good thing that i don't have money). It's a different story if Blizzard caves in on this, but looking that they caved in to making classic servers and there's more players to get money out of with constant subs for them grinding an endless loop of acquiring legendary mounts, i don't really see a company saying no to more money. Or since classic server is a blow to private servers, those might adjust to serve the client base aiming to fill such goal themselves, hence making Blizzard cave in to this decision again.

Depends how far are people willing to go.. But seeing they are already playing a game that's over a decade old for mounts and titles, i don't see them giving up that easy. Or the next big movement after classic is custom realms, since everyone cannot get their way on what they want in classic, some don't want any change, some want a little, some want a lot. And petitioning worked for the classic, what's stopping people to start requesting custom servers where they can decide how the content is played. It's not an unheard thing, i've been requesting solo realms for like 5 years now, where i can admin the realm and do whatever i want, invite who i want to play with or no one, put in original Naxx40 next to the wotlk one if i so choose. When there's no more sandboxing to be done on Azeroth with expacs, that's the ultimate sandbox to end all sandboxes. Sell the server blades once again to anyone who wants to run their own legacy wow with all expacs in any phase they want for a 1000$ a pop in 20 years. Would buy that now, actually why aren't we doing that now instead of classic? Who's idea was this in the first place. Servers for everyone! The next door neighbor can run their own purist classic, whilst i run my cthulhu weird ass naxx40 in northrend with flying panda deathwing.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2017-11-15 at 04:17 AM.