Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Classic-Those that realise some changes will be occuring and wish to discuss them like adults.

Muh'nilla-Those that believe no changes will occur if they reply to enough threads with "but...Muh'nilla".

Simple and effective division

I don't get how wanting LFR vs wanting graphical/interface options updated is even close to the same...you can't just divide the community into 2 groups, that's not how it works. Also has anyone even suggested adding LFR to the classic servers? They must honestly be trolling you.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    What a great suggestion. That way when Blizzard releases Classic in 3 months we can have a version for the purists and a version for people who have no business being in Classic. Everyone wins.
    3 months lol

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Lets just draw the battle lines please.
    If you want vanilla as it was, with the ONLY additions being server side changes for stability and server performance, you want WoW : Classic.

If you want vanilla but with balance, things fixed / changed, additions such as new models, lfg/lfr ANYTHING other than a pure vanilla experience, you want WoW: Classic+.

now lets just start using those terms, and 90% of the threads on here will die. you are either Classic, or, you are Classic+.

You're Welcome.
    can we change the names to Vanilla vs French Vanilla

Classic. Classic+ people arent who fought for this and arent the people who are going to keep it going so thier opinion doesnt matter, they can fight for custom wow minecraft edition for several years and get it in 2025, for now kindly frag off.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    can we change the names to Vanilla vs French Vanilla
    Vanilla vs Neapolitan sounds more extreme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    Classic. Classic+ people arent who fought for this and arent the people who are going to keep it going so thier opinion doesnt matter, they can fight for custom wow minecraft edition for several years and get it in 2025, for now kindly frag off.
    What proof do you have this? Also who gave you the power to decide which opinion is relevant in discussing a video game?

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    I don't get how wanting LFR vs wanting graphical/interface options updated is even close to the same...you can't just divide the community into 2 groups, that's not how it works. Also has anyone even suggested adding LFR to the classic servers? They must honestly be trolling you.
    yeah the purists are annoying.. thought we were all on the same team hoping for a return to the social and grindy gameplay that made classic wow the dank mmo it once was but people out here fighting tooth and nail for them not to change anything as silly as mount tabs. I want the gameplay with a modern touch and no Im not talking about adding lfr/lfg/crossrealm stuff. just make the game look and feel smooth and not like a crappy 15 year old potato

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not have independant servers for every possible QoL change blizzard could possibly make?

Then everyone will be happy playing with the same people who share their exact mindset as to what constitutes a "good" WoW.

Note, many people will probably be playing on servers populated exclusively by themselves.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    Vanilla vs Neapolitan sounds more extreme.

- - - Updated - - -

What proof do you have this? Also who gave you the power to decide which opinion is relevant in discussing a video game?
    we are not reffering to the same people then. Vanilla are the purists and French Vanilla are the people who want it almost identical with updated graphics and modern touch, Neapolitan sounds like the people asking for shit from other expansion like arena/tmog/lfg/crap that ruined the game and turns it into retail

yeah the purists are annoying.. thought we were all on the same team hoping for a return to the social and grindy gameplay that made classic wow the dank mmo it once was but people out here fighting tooth and nail for them not to change anything as silly as mount tabs. I want the gameplay with a modern touch and no Im not talking about adding lfr/lfg/crossrealm stuff. just make the game look and feel smooth and not like a crappy 15 year old potato
    Purist here. No mount tab, no modern updates, I want my old potato not WoW WARS remastered by George Lucas.

we are not reffering to the same people then. Vanilla are the purists and French Vanilla are the people who want it almost identical with updated graphics and modern touch, Neapolitan sounds like the people asking for shit from other expansion like arena/tmog/lfg/crap that ruined the game and turns it into retail
    Fair enough. Although I seem to recall seeing some people asking for transmog or at least have items they pick up in the Classic server unlock in their Live wardrobe.

Honestly I think the majority of people who want unadulterated classic are either trolling or never played a character past lvl 20.
    They are acting as if Vanilla is the same game that we are playing today just locked into lvl 60. It's fundamentally a different style game and considering that Blizzard had no fucking clue what they were doing at the time, if it were named anything other than Warcraft it might have failed.
    I think people should go play a 1.12 server and be reminded of the problems in vanilla and tbc for that matter.

I honestly want to know everyone's favorite class and spec, just so I can remind them they were never viable in vanilla and if they are looking forward to playing that spec once they clear BRD, there is no more game left for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Im more like how do they play the same game? One of them have nothing, the other one have it "all"?

And whats the purpose of Classic 2(i prefer calling it that)?

Personally im on a movement against QoLers. That is the EXACT group of playerbase i want Blizz to delete and ban. This is the moment. I wish I had a button.
    Classic 2 is a stupid name. It implies that it is a sequal of classic. Classic+ gives the indication that it is the same game but with more features. If you even read the OP then you would have seen that Classic is for the vanilla purist. Only changes are to the infrastructure of the game so it is smooth. Classic+ is the same game but with added QoL features such as LFR and duel spec. Classic aimed at the 80 million or so people who love the old way while Classic+ is to give the people who just do not understand Vanilla something. The vanilla experience but with QoL changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Classic-Those that realise some changes will be occuring and wish to discuss them like adults.

Muh'nilla-Those that believe no changes will occur if they reply to enough threads with "but...Muh'nilla".

Simple and effective division
    I love how you try to act like an adult while the next sentence you type shows that you really cannot contribute to intelligent discourse. Good work, kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

See these "changes" are getting watered down, intentionally, and splitting the community even further. Calling any change you want made a QOL change is a total copout, its STILL a deviation from the vanilla experience, and that is TOTALLY OK, so long as its clear that by wanting these things, you accept that you no longer want a pure experience, period correct, but rather a new, updated version of vanilla. aka Classic+.

See these "changes" are getting watered down, intentionally, and splitting the community even further. Calling any change you want made a QOL change is a total copout, its STILL a deviation from the vanilla experience, and that is TOTALLY OK, so long as its clear that by wanting these things, you accept that you no longer want a pure experience, period correct, but rather a new, updated version of vanilla. aka Classic+.
    Prove that it is intentional or prove you can read minds or just accept that some people want different things from others and that's the reality of it. Also you still haven't addressed how your Classic+ is going to resolve the issue of Balance changes vs. QoL type things vs. People who want current visuals vs. People who want all these things. Just like those like you who want the pure version of the game there are factions whose ideal is not compatible with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Im more like how do they play the same game? One of them have nothing, the other one have it "all"?

And whats the purpose of Classic 2(i prefer calling it that)?

Personally im on a movement against QoLers. That is the EXACT group of playerbase i want Blizz to delete and ban. This is the moment. I wish I had a button.
    They don't play the game. They plant their faces on the keyboards and roll left and right, because that's what QoL does to the game.

Am I doing this right? This is the answer you were expecting right? I guess it wouldn't matter since you're on a personal movement to ban anyone who plays any version of Classic that wasn't pure Vanilla.

In all honesty, it's all up to what Blizzard considers an improvement towards the 'Vanilla experience'. I can't even define what that experience would be even having played Vanilla, because it's true that many of the bullshit hardships in the game are a part of the charm. Still, I don't think I would ever go back to playing a game that I knew was broken because of oversight; like Druids in Bearform being an inferior tank because of bad itemization. No one plays Druid for anything other than being an innervate battery for Priests in Vanilla, and that's the way the game was 'meant to be played' simply because of lack of design. It didn't help that all tier gear had stats spread out with unnecessary stats, making the 'hybrid tax' a huge part of the inefficiencies to do any role properly (other than standing and innervating).

If this is the gameplay that many people prefer, then they can have it and keep it. If Blizzard comes up with servers with a more balanced approach, or QoL changes that can alleviate some of the problems (ie itemization for +def leather, Tier sets with multiple stat choices) then I might actually consider playing; the way I want to play rather than the way 'Vanilla' dictates how each class will be. Sure, I'm not gonna be playing 'Vanilla', but I'm one who has already played through that as the 'wrong spec' and I wouldn't look forward to drudging through all that again knowing my favoured class is ultimately broken throughout most of Vanilla. I don't care to resign myself to only using Bearform for dungeons and PVP flag carries. If Blizzard can fix these issues in a separate server, why WOULDN'T I want that option?

My two cents.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-11-15 at 05:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    Prove that it is intentional or prove you can read minds or just accept that some people want different things from others and that's the reality of it. Also you still haven't addressed how your Classic+ is going to resolve the issue of Balance changes vs. QoL type things vs. People who want current visuals vs. People who want all these things. Just like those like you who want the pure version of the game there are factions whose ideal is not compatible with the others.
    Yes it does. very clearly. if you want ANY changes that are not server based improvements to the SERVERS themselves, improved stability etc (knowing that the old servers are gone, so this is going to happen, for sure, without question), then you want Classic+. and i am TOTALLY ok with that, it really doesnt bother me at all.

Look, there has been a fight for this for a long time by people who have been playing vanilla as it was on servers that they can. We are the ones who pushed for this and now that it is happening there is a bunch of people coming out saying they need to add this/that. These are NOT the people who have been fighting for Legacy/Classic. These are tourists and they need to get out or come experience it in full

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    They don't play the game. They plant their faces on the keyboards and roll left and right, because that's what QoL does to the game.

Am I doing this right? This is the answer you were expecting right? I guess it wouldn't matter since you're on a personal movement to ban anyone who plays any version of Classic that wasn't pure Vanilla.
    hes on a mad mission to prove something....im not really sure what. and classic2 is the dumbest idea ever. but anyways, all i am trying to do is allow ppl with a similar mindset to identify with each other and see they are not alone. at the moment, you are all just attacking each other in EVERY single thread, and it nearly always comes down to Classic Vs Classic+

hes on a mad mission to prove something....im not really sure what. and classic2 is the dumbest idea ever. but anyways, all i am trying to do is allow ppl with a similar mindset to identify with each other and see they are not alone. at the moment, you are all just attacking each other in EVERY single thread, and it nearly always comes down to Classic Vs Classic+
    The thing is, there is no unified 'Classic +' movement any more than there is a unified 'Classic WoW' movement. Everyone has their own opinions on what is considered an improvement and what isn't. The only ones who are unified as the Purists, and they're asking for a WoW that simply doesn't exist any more even at Blizzard's admission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.