Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legendary drop rate for fresh characters?

I have a DH I leveled early in Legion with 0 legendaries. If I go "all out" with the toon before/during early Antorus, should I earn legendaries fairly quickly if I do the maximum amount of content (all LFR, all mythic dungeons, normal/heroic raids, world quests, mythic+ keys etc)?

Not sure how/if they changed "soft caps" or "bad luck protection".

Quote Originally Posted by Laurix View Post
    I have a DH I leveled early in Legion with 0 legendaries. If I go "all out" with the toon before/during early Antorus, should I earn legendaries fairly quickly if I do the maximum amount of content (all LFR, all mythic dungeons, normal/heroic raids, world quests, mythic+ keys etc)?

Not sure how/if they changed "soft caps" or "bad luck protection".
    You should get 2 in the first week, and then 1 a week on average. Assuming you do everything.

Your first three will come fairly quickly yes.

What you can do is go 2 for one spec, 2 for the other and probably get those knocked out in 2 weeks since BLP is spec based (unless you get a cross spec legendary)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you go full out (Do all the old raids on several different difficulties, several m+ each week. All the emissaries. Lots of WQs) I think you can expect to get a legendary every 1-2 week. I personally do WQs once every 3rd day (to do the emissaries), clear a m+10 each week and do ToS heroic + most bosses in mythic (we're 7/9 atm). I get my legendaries about once every 3rd week, or something like that.

If you do everything that is possible to do you will get like 1.5 a week but you will also want to kill yourself.
    Just do some zeros and all the argus stuff and you'll get a good amount.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post
    I think if you go full out (Do all the old raids on several different difficulties, several m+ each week. All the emissaries. Lots of WQs) I think you can expect to get a legendary every 1-2 week. I personally do WQs once every 3rd day (to do the emissaries), clear a m+10 each week and do ToS heroic + most bosses in mythic (we're 7/9 atm). I get my legendaries about once every 3rd week, or something like that.
    I do my emmisaries daily, kill every world boss, clear the raid twice, and do a M+10 every week and i still only manage 1 a month at best, but mostly 1 every two months...

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I do my emmisaries daily, kill every world boss, clear the raid twice, and do a M+10 every week and i still only manage 1 a month at best, but mostly 1 every two months...
    Yeah but aren't the first couple handed to you quickly?

Well my alt druid has cleared ToS lfr 3 times, done enough antorus WQs to get 60+ artifact level on 3 weapons and still hasn't gotten 1 legendary. My pally alt has done the same maybe an extra week of lfr clear + a few mythic +'s and has 1. So they don't exactly drop like rain in monsoon season.

I've gotten them first emmisary and i've gotten them week 2, but if you do as much raiding as you can they will come pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nospmas View Post
    Well my alt druid has cleared ToS lfr 3 times, done enough antorus WQs to get 60+ artifact level on 3 weapons and still hasn't gotten 1 legendary. My pally alt has done the same maybe an extra week of lfr clear + a few mythic +'s and has 1. So they don't exactly drop like rain in monsoon season.
    Ugh... I really hate this expansion. I feel forced to play the character I started Legion with right until the very end....

Ugh... I really hate this expansion. I feel forced to play the character I started Legion with right until the very end....
    I mean, unless you're raiding mythic just don't worry bout which ones you get and just let them come. I've switched probably 5-7 times so far and still pull 90% parses with mediocre legendaries.

The first couple do come rather fast. Aren't legendaries going to start dropping at 1000 with the raid release though?
    Might be worth waiting and getting 2 fast ilvl1000s at this point?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    The first couple do come rather fast. Aren't legendaries going to start dropping at 1000 with the raid release though?
    Might be worth waiting and getting 2 fast ilvl1000s at this point?
    Upgrading them isn't even hard , you can easily upgrade 2-3 every week which is more than enough.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I think if you are a tank or healer and doing a lot of raids and dungeons then you can count on one fairly quickly...which is still just some stupid RNG unknown quantity. Its a question of how much you want to enjoy the game because doing a million mythic dungeons and all the LFR's....and all the emissaries is a recipe for misery. If you want to raid then get miserable for a while and hope you get legendaries that actually matter for your spec. If you feel like you pay to have fun then try to find something you can do in game that you find fun to do and forget about legendaries.

You feel forced to play the game. If you put in max effort you will have every legendary within 2 months. The system sucks, but in the end its another way to make people actually have to play the game to progress.

If you aren't serious enough about getting the legendaries then you aren't serious enough for it to matter if you have them or not.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You're forgetting EN/ToV/NH runs on LFR/Normal/Heroic.

Raid blp is worth a huge amount, you also don't do all your m+0s. Those things every week, aswell as what you already do, then you'll start looking at once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You're forgetting EN/ToV/NH runs on LFR/Normal/Heroic.

Raid blp is worth a huge amount, you also don't do all your m+0s. Those things every week, aswell as what you already do, then you'll start looking at once a week.
    I mean, i'm not looking for one a week, but one a month would be nice...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You should get 2 in the first week, and then 1 a week on average. Assuming you do everything.
    Thats not allways true.
    It took my mage 4 full clears of nighthold and 2 full clears of tomb of sargares + 20 emissary and uncountable amount of world quest.
    And to this day I still only have my 1 crafted and my dropped legendary.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2017-11-15 at 06:16 AM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I am currently working on my 8th alt, my last two alts are roughly a month old each and both have 2 legendaries.

The rest have multiple ones and I've been really lucky in that many are BiS, none are capped but I'm certainly not forced to play just one character because of something as silly as a leggo.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You feel forced to play the game. If you put in max effort you will have every legendary within 2 months. The system sucks, but in the end its another way to make people actually have to play the game to progress.

If you aren't serious enough about getting the legendaries then you aren't serious enough for it to matter if you have them or not.
    You're joking, right?

If I wanted to re-roll mid to late expansion in literally any other one other than Legion, it would be 10x less time consuming and would mainly come down to having a guild willing to carry you through the re-roll (which in my case I do).

I have other games I'm competitive in, I don't like devoting all my gaming time to just WoW. I mythic raid, but it's only 3days/week. I regularly parsed in the 95-99 percentile in EN/NH, but Rogue is looking like shit for Antorus and is currently mind-numbingly boring, hence the thread.