Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    When something is harder to do (getting 20 ppl together to wipe on content over and over) i feel like there should be some exclusive incentive to do that content. Removing tier bonuses really puts a HUGE gash in that area of the game :\

I don't know what could make up for this.... Either raids need to have some godly items in there, or even more restrictions on titanforging..
    I've said it a few times but i'm not going to make you dig through the thread, Raid Exclusive Azerite Talents, maybe M+ ones too, make them available on all items of a slot type so there's choice.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    While I did like the set bonuses, I always hated that you need to keep wearing items that weren't really stat optimal, or lower ilvl cause you didn't have better, just because you wanted to keep the bonus.

So yeah...I'll defo miss the bonus, but I'm happy with the flexibility.
    That was the problem, like how tier from a previous raid had better stats and what not than the new raid.. Case in point Nighthold tier had better bonuses for some classes than ToS gear.. Yet ToS gear sometimes had better base and secondary stats, it was all over the place..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I'm not talking about set bonuses, i couldn't care less about that. I'm talking about the fact they're taking away tier sets. With each tier, everyone gets a set of gear tailored to their class. In BfA that won't happen, every warrior/dk/paladin, shaman/hunter, rogue/monk/druid/dh, priest/mage/warlock, is going to look the same(transmog aside).

My concern is purely from an aesthetic point of view. There will be a less armor designs in the game, a lot less. Azerite gear looks the same for every class that uses the same armor type, that just confirms it.
    Gauging how it is worded on the front page it is just the Tier Bonuses and not the armor itself that it being removed and moved elsewhere..

Does this also mean they'll stop designing class armor sets for each raid? No point having Class-specific armor sets since they won't be, well, class restricted? (Yes, you'd have off-tier pieces with same look, but without any diferentiation what's to distinguish a warrior\pala\dk armor piece?)

Deleted
    You know what would revitalize the raiding community which seems to be suffering from general burnout having to deal with titanforged and mythic+ grinding?
    Oh yeah; further removing incentive to do raids sure will!

Genious level thinking there.

I was initially fan of the expansion but these announcements are really putting things into perspective...

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Does this also mean they'll stop designing class armor sets for each raid? No point having Class-specific armor sets since they won't be, well, class restricted? (Yes, you'd have off-tier pieces with same look, but without any diferentiation what's to distinguish a warrior\pala\dk armor piece?)
    Well it wouldn't be the first time they pulled that off... last time the people were not thrilled, to say the least.

Tier sets were fun things that shook up classes mid-expansion. If they keep doing the spirit of set bonuses with the new Azerite system this change could be fine. However since this is the same Blizzard that gave us Legion legendaries, the awful Artifact grind and titanforging, there really is little hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    It says "Options from these sets will be rolled into how the Azerite system works for more customization in enhancing spells and abilities."
    Which could mean that we could choose our own set bonuses out of 3? Maybe?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    That's all fine. If we end up having 4 sets as opposed to 12, that's not fine.
    this. Keep the number of apperances the same. If not, ill be disappointed. Maybe do 6 or 8 per faction. or 3 per armor class.

I couldnt care less about the bonues themselves. Just the art

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    It says "Options from these sets will be rolled into how the Azerite system works for more customization in enhancing spells and abilities."
    Which could mean that we could choose our own set bonuses out of 3? Maybe?
    This is exactly what is means and considering there are 3 different armor pieces that have abilities from Heart of Azeroth, this could also mean you get 3 different "set bonuses".

Deleted
    I'm somewhat sad to see a thematic design mechanic go. I'd like to see a return to the model where they made alternate playstyles viable.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    This is exactly what is means and considering there are 3 different armor pieces that have abilities from Heart of Azeroth, this could also mean you get 3 different "set bonuses".
    This is the thing we have no idea how all this will pan out.. At the moment folks are going nuts and not waiting for more clarification on what is really happening.. Once we get more info then people can decide, but at the moment it is all just knee jerk reactions..

Deleted
    I'm happy with this.

Actually, very happy... tier sets suck anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    This is the thing we have no idea how all this will pan out.. At the moment folks are going nuts and not waiting for more clarification on what is really happening.. Once we get more info then people can decide, but at the moment it is all just knee jerk reactions..
    It's not knee jerks, it's opinions, and if we don't give them suddenly it's alpha, beta, release, and it's set in stone and blizzard "never heard feedback when they could have changed it" it's hard enough to get them to hear anything in general

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I've said it a few times but i'm not going to make you dig through the thread, Raid Exclusive Azerite Talents, maybe M+ ones too, make them available on all items of a slot type so there's choice.
    That sounds like a better compromise..

If the problem was that "Tier sets lock down character slots and limit choices" and "Tier has begun to feel more like a drawback with so many different sources to obtain gear today" then it is odd that the whole system be removed completely, rather than reworked :|

From the article it sounds like they're still experimenting with the azerite customization perks. I hope that getting a shoulder from a raid will give some raid-type bonuses, like a shoulder from a mythic + would give some smaller-group advantages...
    Last edited by digichi; 2017-11-15 at 06:39 AM. Reason: words

i dont care much about losing set bonuses, but if every plate person is going to look the same it's going to be pretty lame.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not knee jerks, it's opinions, and if we don't give them suddenly it's alpha, beta, release, and it's set in stone and blizzard "never heard feedback when they could have changed it" it's hard enough to get them to hear anything in general
    There is feedback and then there is going off the deep end without actually thinking that this new system might actually be a good idea..

There is feedback and then there is going off the deep end without actually thinking that this new system might actually be a good idea..
    We're never going to see eye to eye I this and that's ok, but this system, without some sort of replacement system in raids, will not ever be good I my eyes. Unless they offer raid only azerite talents or something similar bfa will be a raiding failure in my opinion

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're never going to see eye to eye I this and that's ok, but this system, without some sort of replacement system in raids, will not ever be good I my eyes. Unless they offer raid only azerite talents or something similar bfa will be a raiding failure in my opinion
    Which is why we need to wait and see what Blizzard plans on doing, before the community goes marching on Blizzard HQ with torches and pitchforks..

Which is why we need to wait and see what Blizzard plans on doing, before the community goes marching on Blizzard HQ with torches and pitchforks..
    Waiting doesn't work with blizzard, you need to get your opinion out immediately cause it takes then forever to change anything, look how long it to to get brm playable in legion beta, if they would have waited brm may have been playable sometime around nighthold

Raiding is important to me, it's why I play the game, I just want to make sure it doesn't get fucked up, that's all Amy of us want
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-11-15 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Tier set appearances can be so hit or miss, and I suppose recycling older sets was a telltale sign that they were getting a little tired of trying to come up with another animal to mount on the shoulder of a Hunter, or another holy symbol to stick on a Paladin's gloves.

Well there you go. More freedom of choice and less punishment from RNG is their goal, I guess...? "Find an upgrade, equip it immediately" was something I feel like I remember Ion talking about heavily in Legion, before the ring stat changes. This seems to really go forward with that line of thinking.
    I'd love if that feeling actually was Legion. Stat ring shifts? More like horrible legendary system locking entire set bonus talent-esque mechanics behind months long RNG grinds.

I'm honestly glad they are moving forward with this and dropping the horrible legendary system. Finally I can play the class how I want to play it after reaching level cap instead of having to complete 14 different minigames just to get disappointed that the most recent random loot drop wasn't the one I was looking for.

"Oooo but u got a legendary" Yeah, but wouldn't it be more interesting if I got, perhaps, the Legendary that would improve the spec and playstyle that I've grown accustomed to playing up until this point? Instead I get something I have to spec 3 different ways just to make function (Talking Enh shaman and bracers here) and I end up not even fucking liking the way it plays. Or or when I'm on fire mage and I really really would like the fire breath crown to be able to play the way I'd like? Nope, KJ trinket. I mean... Yay I got a best in slot trinket, but I wanted the one that changed my fucking gameplay? Hello? Oh here's a second shot aaaaaaand prydaz. Are you kidding me? I mean yeah I'm a soloing god now but I WANTED THE ONE THAT CHANGED MY GAMEPLAY GAME. Why are you making me grind 100+ hours for something that is, essentially, a fucking set bonus talent?

Fuck that and fuck Blizzard for ever thinking that was 'good gameplay'. Everytime they jerk themselves off over how 'successful' it was I hope they each individually gargle elephant testicles.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i dont care much about losing set bonuses, but if every plate person is going to look the same it's going to be pretty lame.
    I mean if they would manage to create one good set instead of 1 awsome and 2 ugly ones for plate and just distribute it around, that would be nice. But frankly many paladins will probably miss their holy theme and many DKs their dark theme. The only ones profiting are probably warriors .