Deleted

resto shaman mythic + affixes

Hello fellow shamans.

I seem to be having some problems with a few affixes when healing mythic +

I am aware I might not be the best player in the world but I get by, sitting around 13-15 + almost every week.
    Apart from some weeks when it just seems like the affixes simply counter me out
    So some weeks I just give up and dont do any mythic +

So my questions are :

What kinda of affixes counter out the resto shaman, if there isnt any -
    Please help me on what to do against for example grievous
    Also having a hard time with bursting when its not a preemade group when the tank and dps listens to what I say.
    And necrotic

And I also have a priest that I might go into holy with, so my next line of questions are :

If there is healer counters for affixes , can someone just drop some of em to me ?
    Like what does druids have hard against, paladins, priest etc

Mvh marrztah

Grevious is pretty easily countered with a good weak aura/frames that track the stacks. Simply get the debuffs off a person before they have time to stack up, focusing on the higher first. Use CDs when many go out at the same time. Roots can also help a lot with this as it helps keep the debuff off yourself. The Undulation talent can also help a lot if stacks do happen to get up there. Bursting is tough when groups overpull, but good placements of healing rains/Gift can really help, as that little bit of extra healing in combination with your direct heals can keep people alive. Necrotic is a tanking issue usually and not much you can do about that. Aiding in the stuns/slows helps.

I don't think there are any specific affix counters to healers, but simply some quality of life stuff. Druids can be better with faster pulls and more kiting as they can easily heal on the move. Shamans probably do much more healing with everyone stacked and not moving, so you could do bigger pulls. The groups just need to cater to the healing type, which doesnt always happen obviously. One thing that helps me a lot is running past the group fighting to stand on the other side. That way when they start to move to the next group, I can stand still longer to top everyone off without people going out of range.

Probably the biggest downfall of shamans is the lack of single target CDs, especially when people are dumb as move out of spirit link. Not sure what other classes have problems with.

I'd say grievous + tyrannical is the hardest affix combo for us. On trash and some bosses that have bursty damage patterns it's sorta OK since you can quickly get rid of the debuff using riptide + healing surge X 2 (spec into undulation + crashing waves), or ascendance if needed.

However on bosses that have constant ticking damage (e.g. EoA last boss), we can't let the group stay on low HP for long since we'll get grievous on all of them and won't be able to recover, and on the other hand keeping players topped we gain little benefit from our mastery and can run out of mana. Your best bet is to run with classes that can self heal like warlocks And having the entire party use prydaz helps a lot since it prevents many grievous applications.

Bursting is easy affix for us, just need the group to stack when they have a lot of stacks, then use the cake trinket (Perfectly Preserved Cake) that gives all absorb shield, and Gift of the Queen or spirit link / ascendance if needed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even though plenty of people don't use healing rain that much in m+, I find the t20 4p is extremely helpful for bursting/grievous weeks. If you can find the right time/placement and your group has some sort of a brain, it can output a significant amount of healing. For reckless pulls, like wyrms in CoS, we pull both packs and Astral Shift + SLT + AG + Artifact is normally enough to keep the group alive as long as the debuff isn't extended. I definitely agree with Koor on the self-healing dpsers and Prydaz, even roots if you're running with mail users. They can make a big difference since it's easier to prioritize someone who doesn't have self healing or a defensive available.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

I jack my haste up to almost 50% then ask the tank to hesitate for 3 sec for mana is below 20%. Using AoF helps me alot as well since the trinket never gets locked out and leaves a shield. I dont like explosive if I got to be honest about it. Most raiders "skip a week" or dont go over a 10 for the really messed up affix
    combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstreet View Post
    I jack my haste up to almost 50% then ask the tank to hesitate for 3 sec for mana is below 20%. Using AoF helps me alot as well since the trinket never gets locked out and leaves a shield. I dont like explosive if I got to be honest about it. Most raiders "skip a week" or dont go over a 10 for the really messed up affix
    combos.
    Why would you get that much haste? between double riptide and way too many tidal waves + artifact traits that further buff it + the T20 2 set, i find haste lacking.

i would understand haste for a chain heal spam set, but mana says NO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashgaan View Post
    Why would you get that much haste? between double riptide and way too many tidal waves + artifact traits that further buff it + the T20 2 set, i find haste lacking.

i would understand haste for a chain heal spam set, but mana says NO.
    I mostly get crit & haste for m+. Mastery is useless - DPS is what matters.
    Hi

Grievous can be a pain. Don't use the Ancestral Vigor talent during Grievous week. More HP means more healing you'll need to do to clear the debuff.

edit: from my experience grievous is a non factor for H Pallies. Beacon of Virtue -> one crit and the debuff is removed from the entire group.
    Last edited by Totes; 2017-11-16 at 09:59 PM.

I feel we are very strong vs. Necrotic. You can help the tank kite with earthbind totem, stuns, and/or Wind Rush. Plus if the tank can't be healed, Spirit Link negates it, just heal someone else in the Spirit Link radius and it will top the tank off.

> i would understand haste for a chain heal spam set, but mana says NO

Mana doesn't matter much in M+ except maybe on high Tyrannical keys, few pulls drain your mana pool and you can always sip between them.
    I also gear for haste in M+.
    For legendaries in M+ I'm a big fan of Prydaz (for survivability) and Sephuz (since I'm always stunning/dispelling/interrupting.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Curious what level m+ people are doing with their responses. Mastery is far from useless, especially as you get higher in keys. Fortified keys give me far more mana problems than tyrannical until around 17/18+ tyr, but maybe that's just due to class comps and the way we pull.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

But my question still stands, why use haste at all, for mythics, when tidal waves and the artifact trait gives us so much haste, why not go for crit and versa, if you really think that mastery is bad?

On high keys where even the toughest tank can go to 20% in one hit, i do not feel like mastery is a waste. Crit and mastery means that i can reliable top in 1-2 casta max instead of 4, i can then use the globals to dps, if no dmg is coming (very rarely), or i can use my utility spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsTiddles View Post
    Curious what level m+ people are doing with their responses.
    And what setup, random pug/guild run, what class combo, ilvl and ofc what m+.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you are running Undulation in mythic+. It is so good as you tend to find yourself spamming surge and healing wave. So its makes amazing use out of your undulation procs