Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the difference between loot boxes in this game versus the hundreds of games that have them...i dont get it. Loot boxes arent even recent, theyve been around for years.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Whats the difference between loot boxes in this game versus the hundreds of games that have them...i dont get it. Loot boxes arent even recent, theyve been around for years.
    Here they are pay to win. That, and the enormous grind that you have to do if you choose to skip them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Here they are pay to win. That, and the enormous grind that you have to do if you choose to skip them.
    I didnt play the demo or watched any videos besides the trailer, how are they pay to win?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt play the demo or watched any videos besides the trailer, how are they pay to win?
    For example, if you spend £x amount on loot boxes, you will be able to unlock say, Darth Vader. If you don't purchase loot boxes you'll have to grind him. I'm unsure how long that will take now, it used to be 40 hours, then I heard 10 hours after a 75% cost nerf.

There is also pre order bonuses where you are granted better guns to start with.

Every upgrade comes from loot boxes.

Upgrades that give you substantial power.

Upgrades that take long time to grind.

Upgrades you can instantly buy if you spend money on loot boxes.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

http://mashable.com/2017/11/13/star-.../#iGG2ShXhhPqw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Every upgrade comes from loot boxes.

Upgrades that give you substantial power.

Upgrades that take long time to grind.

Upgrades you can instantly buy if you spend money on loot boxes.
    So no different than Mass Effects system with more cosmetic options?

So no different than Mass Effects system with more cosmetic options?
    Except that Mass Effect is Co-op horde mode. Someone wasting hundreds of dollars to get Rank X gun only helps you.

Here that guy will be farming your ass instead of AI mooks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Huh? What enormous grind? The game has been out for less than a day for me and I've already felt nice progression ...

My default trooper type is Heavy and I'm halfway through upgrades on the things I want ... I've already unlocked the heroes I want the most. Seriously, after 1 day of casual gaming, that's like 8 hours altogether.

Don't be a sheep and listen to people like "game reviewers or critics", they are making it sound like it's going to take you years to unlock anything ... well, they are immensely spoiled and want everything handed to them the first second of gameplay, remember, these people whine and cry if they don't get a free copy of the game to "review" ...

It's not just the credits you get from doing matches, you get crates, crystals, credits by doing "challenges" which are basically like default stuff you do in game, just depends on what class/vehicle/ hero, etc.

Also, I have yet to see a person who obviously bought loot crates (you can see that from trooper/vehicle/hero level) who has gained the most points. It's like previously, if you're good and know what you need to do, you're going to win. This game is not just mashing a button on a slot machine ...

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Don't be a sheep and listen to people like "game reviewers or critics", they are making it sound like it's going to take you years to unlock anything ... well, they are immensely spoiled and want everything handed to them the first second of gameplay, remember, these people whine and cry if they don't get a free copy of the game to "review" ...
    Don't be a corporate sheep and buy into every scummy anti-consumer practice meant to gouge your wallet dry.

Every time someone excuses corporations for this bullshit, it gets worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Except that Mass Effect is Co-op horde mode. Someone wasting hundreds of dollars to get Rank X gun only helps you.

Here that guy will be farming your ass instead of AI mooks.
    Without actual numbers I cant be bothered to be in favor or against it, thats just me. I dont care what other players have, theyd probably farm me anyway. Hell if they had to spend hundreds of dollars to kill me then who really won that battle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Huh? What enormous grind? The game has been out for less than a day for me and I've already felt nice progression ...

My default trooper type is Heavy and I'm halfway through upgrades on the things I want ... I've already unlocked the heroes I want the most. Seriously, after 1 day of casual gaming, that's like 8 hours altogether.

It's not just the credits you get from doing matches, you get crates, crystals, credits by doing "challenges" which are basically like default stuff you do in game, just depends on what class/vehicle/ hero, etc.

Also, I have yet to see a person who obviously bought loot crates (you can see that from trooper/vehicle/hero level) who has gained the most points. It's like previously, if you're good and know what you need to do, you're going to win. This game is not just mashing a button on a slot machine ...
    The main problem is lootboxes, not the grid. Its a pay to skip and pay to win in a same box.
    You pay for a 60 dolar game, that has content locked via timewall.

This how original looks like:

Hardly anything locked.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

These ones have direct power in. Stuff like Guild Wars 2, Overwatch or Heroes of the Storm doesn't.

Of course they still aren't well received even if it's cosmetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without actual numbers I cant be bothered to be in favor or against it, thats just me. I dont care what other players have, theyd probably farm me anyway. Hell if they had to spend hundreds of dollars to kill me then who really won that battle?
    In the review I watched, the guy reviewing said he spent $90 on loot crates and it allowed him to deck out one of his star fighters for the space battle game mode (only one single starfighter). He said it is 20% more maneuverable and does 40% more damage than the base (IE: than people who didn't spend money)... And also pointed out that you earn rewards so slowly that he expects this advantage to last for months... As he put over 20 hours into the MP and said the amount of credits/cards he got wasn't even close to what he got just paying money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    In the review I watched, the guy reviewing said he spent $90 on loot crates and it allowed him to deck out one of his star fighters for the space battle game mode (only one single starfighter). He said it is 20% more maneuverable and does 40% more damage than the base (IE: than people who didn't spend money)... And also pointed out that you earn rewards so slowly that he expects this advantage to last for months... As he put over 20 hours into the MP and said the amount of credits/cards he got wasn't even close to what he got just paying money.
    This was before the 75% reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    This was before the 75% reduction.
    That was the other thing he mentioned, the cost of heroes.

The "it takes 40 hours to unlock Vader" thing was true, but that is actually worse than it seems. Because it takes 40 hours of you buying nothing else... No crates, no upgrades, no nothing. So you would have to play 40+ hours with no upgrades AND gaining no upgrades along the way, just to have the ability play one single hero. And that is just one hero from one side during one era... If you wanted an unlockable hero from both sides of every era you would have to do the same thing multiple times (though a bit less grind since they cost less than Vader).

10+ Year Old Account
    That was the other thing he mentioned, the cost of heroes.

The "it takes 40 hours to unlock Vader" thing was true, but that is actually worse than it seems. Because it takes 40 hours of you buying nothing else... No crates, no upgrades, no nothing. So you would have to play 40+ hours with no upgrades AND gaining no upgrades along the way, just to have the ability play one single hero. And that is just one hero from one side during one era... If you wanted an unlockable hero from both sides of every era you would have to do the same thing multiple times (though a bit less grind since they cost less than Vader).
    Yes, but was reduced by 75%.

So is 40 hours, now 10 hours?

10+ Year Old Account

No clue, haven't heard anyone mention the time it takes to unlock things since the "change" apart from something about how it would take 4,500 hours or $2,100 to unlock/level up everything in the MP.

10+ Year Old Account
    No clue, haven't heard anyone mention the time it takes to unlock things since the "change" apart from something about how it would take 4,500 hours or $2,100 to unlock/level up everything in the MP.
    I'm guessing most reviewers used up their time before the change, so will get more updates on Friday.

It was reduced by 75% cost but rewards was also reduced by 75%.

(From what I been reading and hearing)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD