Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    So Raiding should basically become Transmog runs? Yeah ok.....
    Transmog rewards last longer than the treadmill of numbers on your gear. Not saying I don't like getting upgrades, but yeah. And it will be nice to not have so many slots locked down. I did like collecting tier pieces sometimes, but other times the tier bonuses were underwhelming, or changed my rotation in ways I didn't like. And sometimes it was annoying to not equip a 20-lvl upgrade because tier. I'll wait to see what they come out with before forming my final judgment.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

No Tier boni anymore? Well, that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    No Tier boni anymore? Well, that sucks.
    "Options from these sets will be rolled into how the Azerite system works for more customization in enhancing spells and abilities."
    Guess we'll have to see what that looks like.

Well, they clearly want to destroy raiding, after creating that stupid mythic + system who gives unlimited overstuff to random people. Now, there will not be any incentive to raid because you will be able to farm again and again the same content without losing anything, great job casuals, you have killed wow.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    why exactly? the bonuses you get from tier will be rolled into the heart of azeroth feature. The raids themselves will have themed "tier" (think Firelands) which I think is way better than dull ass tier sets. Tier sets haven't been interesting looking for a long time anyway. Let's also remember that when you have tier, you lock those pieces regardless of certain clear upgrades, but you don't wanna lose that bonus. Now you don't have to worry about it. It's a win win. Leave it to the community to cry about something that's actually a clear as day amazing change.
    yes, generic armor sets will fit so well for some classes... it will be quite challenging to have, say, leather set, that fits both druid and DH at the same time....

Deleted
    It's about time to finally get rid of that outdated system of gear mill. Working hard to get your gear then spending money on gems and enchants just to get a titanforged or other rng crap two weeks before it becomes obsolete (because you change that grinded gear every tier) is a keeping a huge chunk of people away from WoW. Even if you're gonna call them casual scrubs or something, they make community and give Blizzard money (or not if they don't like the product) so they can keep updating your beloved game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    yes, generic armor sets will fit so well for some classes... it will be quite challenging to have, say, leather set, that fits both druid and DH at the same time....
    I'm not sure whether I will like the change or not, but I did see Preach talking in a video about how sets from raids (and dungeons, presumably) should look like they came from there. So if you're raiding Nighthold and loot some armor, why wouldn't it look like the armor people wear in Suramar? They can still tweak the sets to have some differences. So we will see how it looks when the new raid opens, I guess.

I'm glad gear appearance will match the raids aesthetic more, there's only so many variations of hunter, warrior etc without putting in some cool designs from the raid enemies/locations

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    I'm glad gear appearance will match the raids aesthetic more, there's only so many variations of hunter, warrior etc without putting in some cool designs from the raid enemies/locations
    I'm not looking forward to moving from 12 visually unique armor sets per tier to only 4, if that is what's being implied.

Complain all you want, but I for one cannot wait to play this expansion and all it's content for free in 2020.

So no new abilities, more pruning and now no set pieces ?

this is gonna be boring.
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

Tier gear was the last bastion of actual achievement in this game, that really kind of blows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    It's about time to finally get rid of that outdated system of gear mill. Working hard to get your gear then spending money on gems and enchants just to get a titanforged or other rng crap two weeks before it becomes obsolete (because you change that grinded gear every tier) is a keeping a huge chunk of people away from WoW. Even if you're gonna call them casual scrubs or something, they make community and give Blizzard money (or not if they don't like the product) so they can keep updating your beloved game.
    What else exactly is there to do? We are playing an MMORPG where the objective is to become more powerful through character progression. How else do you actually propose we do that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Well, they clearly want to destroy raiding, after creating that stupid mythic + system who gives unlimited overstuff to random people. Now, there will not be any incentive to raid because you will be able to farm again and again the same content without losing anything, great job casuals, you have killed wow.
    1. There's nothing casual about doing high keystone's the ones that would reward raid equivalent gear.
    2. Raiding is all ready farming again and again and again the same content without losing anything
    3. Stop being an elitist prick bashing the casuals your not special being a raider at any level so stop being a cock.

Tbh I welcome the change to raid set bonuses, far too often I get gear with better stats but had to cast them to one side since having 4 set made a massive difference,

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, goodbye raiding. I guess time for a buncha dungeon sets?

To talk about a point that literally no one else is: isn't there low-lying fog in one of the areas on the northern coast of Highmountain? In that ghosty swamp area? They say it's not implemented until next expansion here but I swear there is...

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Tbh I welcome the change to raid set bonuses, far too often I get gear with better stats but had to cast them to one side since having 4 set made a massive difference,
    The real problem and reason for this change is titanforge.....TF should be eliminated not tier sets.

It was never an issue to have 4/5 pieces locked until Legion...Legion also introduced TF and all of a sudden it's a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Garoh View Post
    RIP raiding as progression... all aboard the M+ train!

Seriously though, tier armor was one of the only things keeping people actively raiding. Now, you'll see the boss once, watch the end cinematic, then farm dungeons for the entire tier until you're geared higher than the Mythic raiders.

This is a terrible idea.
    you realize Azerite Armor from raids will have more ilvl and will be far stronger than the ones in dungeons right?

Stop complaining without knowing all the facts, makes you look stupid

Like some people here, I have no issue with tier bonuses going away. It feels like an archaic system nowadays, despite being a traditional form of gearing for raids. It was especially annoying for having to equip tier pieces that had bad stats for your spec, just to have a 2pc/4pc set bonus, which probably wasn't all that great anyway.

What I am more concerned about is class identity through tier appearances. I enjoyed having unique class appearances, like paladin's Judgement set, or shaman's Ten Storms. I hope that there will still be "tier" pieces in terms of class availability and unique appearances, but using the new Heart of Azeroth system instead of the old 2pc/4pc system.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle80 View Post
    you realize Azerite Armor from raids will have more ilvl and will be far stronger than the ones in dungeons right?

Stop complaining without knowing all the facts, makes you look stupid
    Except the part where Mythic+ dungeons give better gear than heroic Raids. So unless you are doing top mythic teir raids, theres no point int them.