Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Exactly. Mythic + all day every day. Who raids anymore with no bonus to doing so.
    Yea, except raids will drop higher ilvl gear and some pieces can't titanforge.

Deleted
    COnsidering that the last tier bonuses weren't really interesting (I know, that some were powerful, but they weren't really fun to play with) I don't really mind.

Deleted
    Azerite gear can't titanforge so those pieces will be only attainable in a BiS manner from Mythic raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Raids will drop higher ilvl than m+ and Azerite pieces can't titanforge. Raiding will still give you the best gear in the game. No the raiding scene isn't getting killed.
    Statisticly gearing up to 930 in raids takes the same time as in m+ with the rate of war forge and titan forge.

Mythic tos = 930 (potential to proc higher)
    Weekly mythic loot box = 930 (potential to proc higher)
    Each m+ run = at least 1 915 item ( potential to proc to 930)

Each m+ takes about 10-15 mins per 10 key for the 915s
    Raids take at best 3-4 hrs
    So in m+ that's 12-16 guaranteed items or a possible but highly unlikely 9-10 from raiding.

And there's no M+ lock out. You can do it every day. So if u play 4hrs a nite you could get only 9-10 raid items a week or 112 items between 915 and 930 and 1 garanteed 930+ on the reset.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2017-11-15 at 02:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    Yes we do and we're advocating for that. We have a fuck tone of raid tiers with class fantasy armour sets to go chose from and tbh I think the art team are realising that for some classes there's only so many ways you can spin a classes concept. I mean look at Hunters in legion. They have 1 new unique set then t6 re release then something that looks like that silver vanilla set made love to the cata fish set.

Time for it to go like fireman's for a bit and have armour themed in the raid.
    But they already did raid-themed class sets in the past, and they could go on doing that. Instead they're talking about retiring class sets altogether, with the logical conclusion being ToV style sets. 4 sets instead of 12. Which is less content.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    But they already did raid-themed class sets in the past, and they could go on doing that. Instead they're talking about retiring class sets altogether, with the logical conclusion being ToV style sets. 4 sets instead of 12. Which is less content.
    Exactly. I personally liked having unique armor for every Class for almost every raid. This is just lazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    I don't think there's any sets at all from watching it just armour that matches in looks.

Tbh only 4 in 12 sets looked any good each tier anyway so it's not much of a difference if ur bothered about looks. Personaly I think there's enough class sets in game to do all you need to and we need more high re's generic sets to play about with in xmog

Also solves the problem of classes that share armour sets dressing up as each outher. If I see 1 more dk dressed up like a paladin Imma snap a bitch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Azerite gear can't titanforge so those pieces will be only attainable in a BiS manner from Mythic raids.
    Or the weekly m+ chest

I'll miss them since they're so iconic for a lot of older sets, but mechanically they were constantly retreading a lot of the same ground. First tier is always boring flat increases largely.

And really, between whatever artifacts / heart of azeroth equivalent we have in future xpacs, trinkets, and final-tier weapons, there will be plenty of room for crazy effects.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Is it so hard to make the next tier set bonuses better to the prior tier?
    Expect some set bonuses change how you play the game. What happens when a new tier is out? You lost the old playstyle.
    Without tier sets, they can make change to the playstyle permament through the Heart of Azeroth.

"Lets roll the options from these sets into AP 2.0 grind!"

What a fucking travesty this is going to be. BfA looked cool at blizzcon albeit a little lacking in big features but now it's just looking like WoD 2.0 with a bit of legion RNG and super grinding sprinkled on top.

We'll certainly get less class-specific gear sets, but they're not going away entirely. Without artifact weapons, the art team will need something else to do.

Just instead of getting three per xpac - usually one of which is a ripoff of a different class's set from a different xpac - we'll probably just get 1 or 2, along with the armor type sets and the various other xmog sets they do.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Statisticly gearing up to 930 in raids takes the same time as in m+ with the rate of war forge and titan forge.

Mythic tos = 930 (potential to proc higher)
    Weekly mythic loot box = 930 (potential to proc higher)
    Each m+ run = at least 1 915 item ( potential to proc to 930)

Each m+ takes about 10-15 mins per 10 key for the 915s
    Raids take at best 3-4 hrs
    So in m+ that's 12-16 guaranteed items or a possible but highly unlikely 9-10 from raiding.

And there's no M+ lock out. You can do it every day. So if u play 4hrs a nite you could get only 9-10 raid items a week or 112 items between 915 and 930 and 1 garanteed 930+ on the reset.
    Except some pieces can't titanforge in bfa, nice try though.

Deleted
    Except some pieces can't titanforge in bfa, nice try though.
    The Azerite pieces can't but they will likely have the potential to drop in the weekly chest at mythic raid level. Face it M+ is here and is a viable alternative pve end game and blizz are pushing it as a almost e-sport.

I don't think there's any sets at all from watching it just armour that matches in looks.

Tbh only 4 in 12 sets looked any good each tier anyway so it's not much of a difference if ur bothered about looks. Personaly I think there's enough class sets in game to do all you need to and we need more high re's generic sets to play about with in xmog

Also solves the problem of classes that share armour sets dressing up as each outher. If I see 1 more dk dressed up like a paladin Imma snap a bitch

- - - Updated - - -

Or the weekly m+ chest
    Weekly m+ chest gives titanforged pieces, won't work.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, considering the items that get enhanced by the heart of Azeroth can not warforge/titanforge, it actually makes mythic raiding more valuable, since the highest ilvl enhanced items drop from mythic raid.

So, in actuality, this is making mythic raiding more viable than it was in Legion because there is absolutely no way to get a better enhanced item from lower levels of raiding.

Hopefully they make the tier gear like the ToV sets, where you get an item that gives you the appearance off the last boss from that difficulty, or off an achievement from clearing mythic with not dying.

The Azerite pieces can't but they will likely have the potential to drop in the weekly chest at mythic raid level. Face it M+ is here and is a viable alternative pve end game and blizz are pushing it as a almost e-sport.
    Yes, m+ is a viable alternative pve end game, and that was always the point. But mythic raiding will still yield the best gear. Weekly chest items are titanforged, Azerite items can't titanforge.

Deleted
    Weekly m+ chest gives titanforged pieces, won't work.
    Like it dosent give legendarys now?.... Oh wait
    If u think blizz won't make high Azerite pieces available in M+ which is there new darling that gets its own tornys and prize funds then you need a head check. my days of having to raid are Finaly over

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, m+ is a viable alternative pve end game, and that was always the point. But mythic raiding will still yield the best gear. Weekly chest items are titanforged, Azerite items can't titanforge.
    A standard item from the weekly chest is titanforged but those chests drop AP tokens and legendarys too currently so obviously there not gonna drop those in bfa don't see why they wouldent have a chance to drop the highest ilevel Azerite pieces. Just makes sense as giving the best available gear for the difficulty you did is the role they fill currently

It's a sad day but ultimately with how the direction of the game is going, tier pieces and bonuses make it a bit of a frustrating effort. It's great to raid, but yeah in T19 to 20, you felt compelled to have 2 sets from 2 differnt raids and somehow magically get them to the same ilvl or close as dammit.

It basically is like the Drape of Shame from Reutrn of Karazhan syndrome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Is it so hard to make the next tier set bonuses better to the prior tier?
    Why tie it to gear though. They can add the bonuses to the Azerite neck piece for slots and make it unlockable by other means. It stops you having to chase that perfect setup for tier in each slot. Or in some cases using 2 piece, 4 piece. Instead you just apply the bonuses to your new gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iNumbers View Post
    I hope yall "Advocating" for this realize it's also removing class specific transmog that we've gotten from every raid.
    They haven't said they are removing the gear or theme of each raid. They are only removing set bonuses from the tier itself. There's already a full set of non-tier gear available that has the same skin of Tier in each raid. Mythic being the exception.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

of course they will, but they made it pretty clear that the azerite bonuses on the gear are tailored towards the content theyre attained from and grow stronger with itemlvl. Meaning, since they can't titanforge, the strongest azerite pieces will drop from mythic raids but the bonuses will be most beneficial for raiding. Same goes for high m+ keys, the pieces dropping there will be best for doing m+ and will be stronger with higher itemlvl.