Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    None of the Hero NPCs are limited by player class mechanics / restrictions. Genn Greymane is wearing cloth/leather despite obviously being a warrior; although, he doesn't fight as a warrior he just fights as a worgen (which isn't a class but that's his thing). Sylvanas isn't even a class; she's a combination of WCIII Archer and Banshee race. Anduin is a battle priest, basically.

Because he doesn't want to wear a dress, he can do what he wants.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    So I guess that Anglican and Catholic Clergy wear dresses to? Because their vestments do go down to their ankles and lower.. Here is something that will blow your mind did you know that back in the middle ages wealthy men wore high heels and tights..
    Along with perfume, make-up and wigs. Bunch of trannies the whole lot! :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Where is Sylvanas chain mail set?

I only see a slutty undead xmog
    To be fair, the T19 (NH, EN) mythic hunter set is, basically, Sylvanas' armor.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    This is not a dress! It is a sacred robe of the psychedelic monks priests!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why does it bother you so much he's a priest?
    It makes no sense. A priest who puts on plate armor and wields a sword is a paladin. That's pretty much the distinction between a paladin and a priest. It would be like taking a character, giving him a staff, putting him in a dress, placing him in the back and having him cast spells... and then call that a paladin. Even a holy paladin would wear plate and wield a proper weapon. And don't bring up shitty itemization from Vanilla. It's just not the fantasy of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    velen wears a dress everywhere and he’s practically immortal, plus tyrande has worn her prom dress for 10,000 years and she’s alive.

next point please
    Well Tyrande was immortal for a time so there's that. Velen is on the level(supposedly) of KJ and Archi, very few things threaten him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Faction leaders break all the rules when it comes to the classes they represent. They are considered heroic and therefore can wear plate as a priest or shaman. Or use spells/abilities outside of their classes. The only rule for famous NPCs seems to be "whatever I feel like" when it comes to Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Why doesn't Genn wear plate? He's a warrior!

Faction leaders have their own rules
    cause im a floofi boi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Priests only wearing cloth armor is a limitation set for WoW players. It’s not a law/rule that also extends to NPCs, particularly Hero NPCs.
    Of course it's not a law. Of course any priest can wear plate. That doesn't change that they don't. Paladins do.

Deleted
    They do; Anduin is an example of that. If you don’t want to except that, for whatever reason, that’s fine, but it’s not changing anything.
    Anduin is a paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

if you're mad about this surely you're also mad about Tyrande being both a hunter and a priest
    That's because the priest class in wow is a mishmash of many things and priestesses of elune are an entirely different thing from other priests

Anduin does wear a dress, behind closed doors when he's entertaining Wrathion :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Anduin is a paladin.
    You can say that, but don't expect people to take you seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because he's a paladin. A priest who puts on plate armor and wields a sword is a paladin. Blizzard is being incredibly retarded about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why isn't everyone wearing plate armor in game? lol
    Sure because the magic of paladins are pretty much just the same as priests. I have seen alot of priests use seals and throw justice-hammers after people for years xD

Paladins and priests are different when it comes to their use of magic. Holy magic can have different ways of philosophy. Just because Anduin choose to wear plate armoy, does not mean that his magic suddenly turns into that of a paladin.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    So if the priest class is a mishmash, surely that means one wearing plate is plausible?

- - - Updated - - -

Remind me, what do Kings wear in battle? How many priest kings have their been in WoW?
    All that means is that a priest king is an idiotic idea.

That's a nonsensical answer.
    That's real answer, I'm serious. They're pretty weak physically.

At the very least they could wear leather or mail.
    Mail could be still not light enough and why not leather? No idea. Probably because their armors are not made by physical material, but magic - like Frost Amor etc. They also have more freedom to wave with their hands and shoot fireballs(lol).

They want to feel light as possible, to be fast, but as I said above - what's the point of the wearing physical armor, when you can use magic that is on the same or even on the better level?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    If Anduin is really a “priest” then why doesn’t he wear a dress like the rest of them? Paladins wear plate, priests and mages wear dresses.
    Have you seen some of the paladin transmogs?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That's real answer, I'm serious. They're pretty weak physically.

Mail could be still not light enough and why not leather? No idea. Probably because their armors are not made by physical material, but magic - like Frost Amor etc. They also have more freedom to wave with their hands and shoot fireballs(lol).

They want to feel light as possible, to be fast, but as I said above - what's the point of the wearing physical armor, when you can use magic that is on the same or even on the better level?
    Ok you just pointed out that there is an upside to wearing light armor and questioned whether magic users even need physical armor. Now let's get back to the argument that it would be stupid for Anduin, apparently a priest, to not wear heavy armor... do you get it?

Deleted
    They said he’s 100% a Priest at BlizzCon.
    I know what they said.

They can also take a warlock, burn out his eyes, give him glaives and then claim he's still a warlock, but he isn't.

Ok you just pointed out that there is an upside to wearing light armor and questioned whether magic users even need physical armor. Now let's get back to the argument that it would be stupid for Anduin, apparently a priest, to not wear heavy armor... do you get it?
    I get it, but he's probably trying to be like his father. The cinematic explains it. When he's wearing his helmet - he wants to look intimidating, like a warrior his father was. Unfortunately Saurfang pushes him and his helm falls off, revealing his true face - a delicate boy who is not a warrior, but a priest. So instead of using physical power he's calling Light for help, and she's listening to him.

This cinematic is about Anduin hesitation(warrior(with helmet) vs priest(without helmet)) and it's explaining it pretty well.

Anyway - his last name is Wrynn, not Menethil, you must have mistaken him with Arthas.