Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    How would you deal with better gear than Naxx getting into the game? Eventually the power gap between a fresh 60 and a max-tier 60 would be insane and a max-tier 60 would just be able to one-shot everything in the game.
    You would have to invent new stats that only mattered in the new content, create side grades, make the new content demand some weird shit like arcane resist gear so its the same ilvl as Naxx but without said arcane resist attached to it the new content would smash you etc. It would be weird but you could do it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, this is not going to end with anything like the vanilla experience.
    You guys got classic and you already ruined it.
    Pretty much this, if they change anything ESPECIALLY adding LFD/LFR I won't touch it and I will be shattered.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Seems to be a misconception about increasing the level cap in "classic expansions". Does this mean TBC expansion? if so I really down most people want to keep the level cap at 60. I best most people misunderstood the question, along with the one or two that follow about continents. Unless I'm the one misunderstanding.

- - - Updated - - -

I think most people misunderstood the question; i did originally. It's a confusing question IMO.
    It's asking if people want brand new content created in the image of Vanilla. Like not a port of TBC, but adding stuff like Qual'thalas, Hyjal, Uldum... that sort of stuff. Stuff that exists ON the original continents, but weren't added until later for reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really think debuff limit should have been a question.

Deleted
    This poll will be innaccurate as there will be a group of people voting no to changes they do individually agree on, because of the "slippery slope" fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    It seems you didnt read what i wrote. I clearly wrote that you should be able to transfer over your 60 if you want to, but not be forced too. This way we who want to keep our vanilla char and level a new TBC one up can, and if you want to move yours then you are free to do so.
    No, i'm saying that if you force people to either MOVE their characters (as in, remove their vanilla ones) then you're going to splinter the fuck out of the playerbase. You need to allow people to copy so they can still play on Vanilla. They're not going to come back to Vanilla just to level from 1-60 again. They're going to stay with their main on TBC and you'll lose players. Make it a copy and you won't have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Pretty much this, if they change anything ESPECIALLY adding LFD/LFR I won't touch it and I will be shattered.
    Why are people so against LFG being added? Did people really like standing around IF/ORG spamming gen chat for hours trying to find a tank or healer?

Deleted
    wow, look at all the people who should just tick the "i dont actually want an actual classic server" box.........

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    No one said harder either. Just new stuff, which has some random ilvl, either same as naxx or lower, so most likely easier than naxx. Either way those are all bad ideas. If you want stuff after naxx it needs to continue progressing. Then people need to decide if they want more lvls or not. More lvls mean it's possible to catch up decently which is why xpacks work the way they do now, which is perfect regardless of people's wrong opinion. Or we are stuck at 60 but we progress endlessly which means that any new player or alts are forced to do all earlier content to reach the point where everybody else is. Or you add catch up mechanics which means walfare epics that everyone spit on.

As you can see, there's no good option with that model, it's only shit with more shit on it.
    Well, if they don't make it harder then it isn't new content. The people in Naxx gear who have killed KT will just roflstomp through the new raid like it was a piece of cake. Doesn't make any sense. Also, you have to remember that the gear quality between raids wasn't THAT crazy. It isn't like it is on live where every raid is a 45 item level gap from minimum to maximum difficulty. You could have the gear from new raid give you like 3 more agility and 2 more stamina and it would still be an upgrade and worth it.

The auction house one is hilarious, wasn't there originally 1 AH per Org/IF?

Do we want more auction houses than the 1 we have?
    NO!

Do we want the auction houses shared within the faction?
    YES!
    Last edited by Lushious; 2017-11-15 at 06:42 PM.

I hope they add loot boxes that drop gear and mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by PLS View Post
    I really think debuff limit should have been a question.
    Oh, but that was great! I'm saying this as an old warlock player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This is a good poll. It shows that the super hardcore whining crowd is whining about nothing.

Very, very few people want LFR, Flying, increased leveling speed or even additional FPs, but plenty of people want things like guild banks, updated graphics, toggleable auto-loot, lower respec cost, additional tuning to make other tanks viable, future class balance, etc.

So the No changes! crowd is a minority even among a populace that largely doesn't want QoL improvements.
    Yet the majority of the people with a say didn't give a rats ass about Classic/Vanilla servers until it was announced. The hardcore players from the private servers are what made the idea even feasible. Essentially you're boasting about destroying an idea that barely anyone cared about beyond the hardcore players. Seems kind of entitled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    Why are people so against LFG being added? Did people really like standing around IF/ORG spamming gen chat for hours trying to find a tank or healer?
    I think there's a lot of confusion between LFG and dungeon finder, people are fearing dungeon finder and not LFG potentially? I honestly have no idea the difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Yet the majority of the people with a say didn't give a rats ass about Classic/Vanilla servers until it was announced. The hardcore players from the private servers are what made the idea even feasible. Essentially you're boasting about destroying an idea that barely anyone cared about beyond the hardcore players. Seems kind of entitled.
    Seems kind of entitled that a segment of the people who played illegally on private servers who want no changes, think the game should be designed for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Oh, but that was great! I'm saying this as an old warlock player.
    you mean you enjoyed being brought for solely one reason - to buff up actual dps aka mages ?

must have been such fun gameplay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    So they should tune out the majority and listen to the minority? That doesn't even make any sense.
    Neither does your lack of reading comprehension. I said they should tune out ALL of you. Not some of you.

The whole ****ing point of this whole ****ing years-long ordeal was convincing Blizzard to re-release the original version of WoW - i.e. the one that made people fall in love with it in the first place.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    Longest survey i have ever taken some of the questions so dumb!
    Some of the choices were literally to make the game not Vanilla which is the reason why this was probably never done before as half of people who want it want to do X and the other half want it to do Y.

Flying in vanilla? Pay $15 to double your xp? Wtf lol
    Those are probably just test questions to see who is actually serious about a Classic server and who won't actually care so they can throw their answer away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    The original post was made on a US forum...
    US / OCE / LA forum. It isn't just the US that use that forum =)

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you mean you enjoyed being brought for solely one reason - to buff up actual dps aka mages ?

must have been such fun gameplay
    Well, the same could be said for many classes in vanilla. Paladins, druids, shamans.
    Not every spec was meant to be your main damage dealers.

If Blizzard changes this it won't be classic and you might as well play the retail version of WoW.