View Poll Results: Would you like to see small quality of life improvements in Classic?

Voters
85. This poll is closed
  • No, I want Classic to literally be the original game.

49 57.65%
  • I'd like to see some quality of life improvements like AOE looting, but don't touch class balance.

20 23.53%
  • I want to see imrpovements to Classic even if it means changing some core gameplay or classes.

16 18.82%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you accept quality of life changes that didn't impact combat?

First of all, I'm in favor of Classic having as few changes as possible. That said, I would like to see a few quality of life tweaks like AOE looting and shared mob tapping. These were two memories of vanilla that I'd rather forget.

Seriously? This couldn't have been in one of the other ninety-nine "Does Classic WoW need QoL changes? Discuss." threads?

This forum is really starting to wear me down. Fuck, is this shit going to be going on for the next two years? I'm pretty tempted to filter out the Vanilla subforum already. This is a joke.

I really wish mods would, y'know, moderate the amount of these threads/polls that are put up daily.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2017-11-15 at 05:15 PM.

AOE looting changes pacing. A big part of MMO is loot, and time dedicated to that - its the same thing as needing to drink and eat after a couple of mob encounters. Also its a small immersion breaker, when you kill things in real life loot doesnt magically transfer from them to your pocket.

Its a small thing, but I'd say keep it vanilla.

Shared mob tapping however removes the need to group up with other players - it hinders socialization.

Those are good points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Seriously? This couldn't have been in one of the other ninety-nine "Does Classic WoW need QoL changes? Discuss." threads?

This forum is really starting to wear me down. Fuck, is this shit going to be going on for the next two years? I'm pretty tempted to filter out the Vanilla subforum already. This is a joke.

I really wish mods would, y'know, moderate the amount of these threads/polls that are put up daily.
    Agree, mods should close this.

They can add in all kinds of small QoL changes and class balances they want for me, none of that had anything to do with my enjoyment of vanilla.

The only thing I wouldn't accept would be cross-realm bullshit, class homogenization to the point where you're either a tank, dd or healer and the only difference between you is the color of your abilities (like in Legion), dumbed down/sped up levelling, or well, maybe there's quite a bit of things when I think about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleshashi View Post
    First of all, I'm in favor of Classic having as few changes as possible. That said, I would like to see a few quality of life tweaks like AOE looting and shared mob tapping. These were two memories of vanilla that I'd rather forget.
    Vanilla doesnt need any changes. Get over it.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Agree, mods should close this.
    You're, like, the worst one. You've made almost 10 threads to discuss changes to Classic. So... yeah.

I guess that's just part of your act, though. Gotta be as annoying as humanly possible!

Could you like ...you know..ignore this post and move on? How hard is that? You don't speak for no one but yourself. Just move on man, no need to post in it if you dont like it. Fake outrage and all that has no power here.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Deleted
    I would. I wouldn't even mind ones that effect combat, but im not really a massive fan of classic wow so theres that.

QoL and stuff i would like to see is the barber shop, it has 0 impact on gameplay and just saves you having to spend £10 to change your characters hair color.

Group for the tags, shift click to auto loot

Don't make this game antisocial like legion

You're, like, the worst one. You've made almost 10 threads to discuss changes to Classic. So... yeah.

I guess that's just part of your act, though. Gotta be as annoying as humanly possible!
    You're only painting a target on yourself with posts like this. It makes it really easy to troll you when they know how much it gets to you. Just filter the forum for a few months and shit will die down.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleshashi View Post
    AE looting breaks immersion.

Shared mob tagging breaks social interactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't necessarily want AoE looting but other stuff like:

- Auto Loot (possible in Classic while holding Shift before you loot, there is just no toggle option)
    - Visible HP on mobs (possible with addons, but wasn't officially added until after classic)
    - Slider for Voice lines (didn't exist until much, much later and was bound to all other sound effects, like magic and sword attacks)

I would love to see stuff like that, since it doesn't impact gameplay at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I -want- those quality of life improvements to make the game somewhat playable.

I want it just as it was on launch day in Nov 2004 with just bug fixes. So no.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Vanilla doesnt need any changes. Get over it.
    Yes it does, it was a very unbalanced game.

And to the OP, this poll is missing the option for changes that don't affect gameplay but do change output.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Could you like ...you know..ignore this post and move on? How hard is that? You don't speak for no one but yourself. Just move on man, no need to post in it if you dont like it. Fake outrage and all that has no power here.
    Uh, where did I attempt to speak for anyone for myself? "Fake outrage"? What are you, the Hyperbole Man? So, you're allowed to post discontent for my post, but I'm not allowed to post discontent for the hundredth thread that says the same thing?

Could you, like, ignore my post and move on? How hard is that? Just move on, man. I'm gonna go ahead and do myself a favor and ignore you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornquist View Post
    AOE looting changes pacing. A big part of MMO is loot, and time dedicated to that - its the same thing as needing to drink and eat after a couple of mob encounters. Also its a small immersion breaker, when you kill things in real life loot doesnt magically transfer from them to your pocket.

Its a small thing, but I'd say keep it vanilla.

Shared mob tapping however removes the need to group up with other players - it hinders socialization.
    I don't really care about the looting thing, but I agree with you a about mob tagging. People need to group up and actually talk to other people to get help killing mobs. I think it was a part of the social atmosphere of the game.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

If Vanilla was as amazing as everyone has been saying and wanting. It shouldn't need it. So no, if people asked for Vanilla, they should get it as it was. You know... "better" than the live game. Live is so "watered down" and simplified, don't "water" vanilla down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Yes it does, it was a very unbalanced game.

And to the OP, this poll is missing the option for changes that don't affect gameplay but do change output.
    Vanilla is perfect. Doesnt need a ''fix''
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/