10+ Year Old Account
    Carnage tho =DD

Reading through the thread now. Some good info and some not so good info.

I do like that they are combining One-Shots and Terminals into one category called Operations in Omega release. One-Shots being renamed to Special Operations and there being more planned for the future (One shots are my fav thing in game next to Patrols). New Thor hero sounds like a good idea from a marketing perspective but a bad idea for the current player base. No PvP work, which I'm fine with; mini game gonna mini game. No more advanced packs is smart from a consumer point of view but not from the companies imho. New DR tileset sounds good and all, but DR really, really needs more treatment. It's such an awesome end game mode for the game and it feels abandoned like the others (X-def, holo sim).

I'm only through half the posts so far (most of it is shitters asking about playable characters when there are infinitely more pressing concerns around the board you use the pieces on rather than the pieces themselves) but all in all I'm interested in seeing what this new team does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must admit that I'm excited for this Friday's early access to start on PS4. Console version of this has got me hooked. I loved the PC version but preferring the console version. Playing on the PS4 Pro so not really seeing much lag compared to others.
    I'm glad I didn't get chance to get addicted to the PC version and shell out too much money... as already spent £55 on PS4 for Guardians and Deadpool and no doubt will be spending more!
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Anniversary event is up, if you have cake slices from last year this year uses the same cake slices.

So I'm finally getting back into this game and... Why the hell did they remove the ability to trade groups of unneeded uniques in for stacks of relics? Is the only purpose for extra uniques now to feed them to pets? And how do I get relics in bulk now?

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Anniversary event is up, if you have cake slices from last year this year uses the same cake slices.
    I've found you can get a lot of free eternity splinters with cake slices.

http://www.mmorpg.com/marvel-heroes-...own-1000046406

After nearly a month of silence, and completely missing any promotions during the Thor release, the shoe dropped. No timeline that I can see yet, but Marvel Heroes getting the axe, with Disney/Marvel pulling the license entirely.

: (

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame, the game was fun and with a bit of work it could have been a solid dungeon crawler...

Fingers crossed once they've severed ties with Gaz, they can give the rights to a different company and we can get something MHO like, but with a company that cares.

I'm just sad we'll never get to see The Unworthy Thor in game :'(
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://www.mmorpg.com/marvel-heroes-...own-1000046406

After nearly a month of silence, and completely missing any promotions during the Thor release, the shoe dropped. No timeline that I can see yet, but Marvel Heroes getting the axe, with Disney/Marvel pulling the license entirely.

: (

Doesn't surprise me. I've been keeping up with the reddit channel and the things circulating around the CEO don't look pretty if Disney was to stay involved. Sucks I spent about 2.5k over the course of the years, but it was a fun and decent game when I did. Will be sad to see it go. After Brevik left I haven't had much a want to log on and play it since it was going downhill design wise.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably remember the game the same way other people talk about City of Heroes; really enjoyed it and continually appreciated the work done for characters' playstyles, they really did feel like playing those characters in a way I've never seen/experienced before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Looks like that has been coming. A shame since I did really enjoy the game in its prime. Another superhero game gone away.

I hope something comes along to fill the void.

The She-Hulk shaped void...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I hope something comes along to fill the void.

The She-Hulk shaped void...
    I'm not sure anything will, at least with Marvel property. Since Disney owns all of that and they don't think highly of video games, I really doubt anything new will come about.

Since the console changes, I've been out. I haven't even tried to adapt my builds. It all went to MEH in the blink of an eye.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Console felt fun at first, but the game was just missing something. I'm pretty pissed though b/c I spent money on both platforms and have lots of credits and countless hours on the PC version.
    BAD WOLF

RIP Marvel Heroes.

Not so much peace for the predator of a CEO that ruined the game.

Dam RIP Marvel Heroes, Such a good game.

Wonder if I can rush the platinum on PS4 before it shuts down.

- - - Updated - - -

So they released a official statement.

Dec 31,2017 is the shutoff date.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Dam RIP Marvel Heroes, Such a good game.

Wonder if I can rush the platinum on PS4 before it shuts down.

- - - Updated - - -

So they released a official statement.

Dec 31,2017 is the shutoff date.
    Sad thing is it was all over the net before they made an official response, which was half cut and paste from the Marvel response.

Good fucking riddance. This company is the biggest pile of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Sad thing is it was all over the net before they made an official response, which was half cut and paste from the Marvel response.

Good fucking riddance. This company is the biggest pile of shit.
    Since when? Because I've been with MH since early beta and Gaz was not a shit company back then. I'm all for pitchforks and torches, but clarify this for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Since when? Because I've been with MH since early beta and Gaz was not a shit company back then. I'm all for pitchforks and torches, but clarify this for me?
    Since basically Brevik left and the current CEO came in (who also has several allegations against him that would not look good for any company).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Since basically Brevik left and the current CEO came in (who also has several allegations against him that would not look good for any company).
    Well, yeah, clearly Brevik was a sign on the wall, but the CEO having these allegations doesn't make everyone at a corporation evil, if the corporation itself isn't into evil. Like.. EA.. where it's all about duping the customer until it hurts, with which you basically agree if you work there. I'd say you're at least base-level pile of shit if you work for EA.. but there's no such thing with Gaz. A few bad choices don't make a shit company.