Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Last Leggo Dropped: Emissaries Worthwhile Anymore?

So I just had my final legendary drop for all specs for my main. I also have all of the pets/toys from the extra caches.

Is there a reason why I should be doing emissaries on my main anymore? I don't need order resources. I don't need gold. I am trying to think of what rewards might be in place that I don't understand in order to gauge the time/reward for continuing to do them.

I think the only think left to do emissaries for would be the legendary upgrade currency and the legendary tokens. The tokens are still tied to the class though so it would probably only be beneficial if I ever leveled an opposing faction character of the same class.

Thoughts?

my thought is, don't waste your time doing them then

The tokens that drop are given to random class , not the class you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by myshwalrus View Post
    Really? Then that makes them super attractive as I still need some targeted legendaries for Mage tower appearances.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    So I just had my final legendary drop for all specs for my main. I also have all of the pets/toys from the extra caches.

Is there a reason why I should be doing emissaries on my main anymore? I don't need order resources. I don't need gold. I am trying to think of what rewards might be in place that I don't understand in order to gauge the time/reward for continuing to do them.

I think the only think left to do emissaries for would be the legendary upgrade currency and the legendary tokens. The tokens are still tied to the class though so it would probably only be beneficial if I ever leveled an opposing faction character of the same class.

Thoughts?
    The legendary tokens that drop are completely random, not tied to the class it dropped on. So those, unless you don't care about any alts. Then I'd suppose not.

They are tied to a class, but it is random. So it could easily be a class you haven't leveled or don't play. I know for me I only do the emissary when I can double dip on rewards or if there enough quick warden 1 kill quests in the mix that offer a decent reward. Having hit 75 on my main weapon and having all the legendary items for the 2 specs I play the benefits diminish rapidly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post

Thoughts?
    Got all the mounts? Else, don't do them?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Paragon mounts

7+ Year Old Account
    it is if you wanna get curious coins its 150 for the mount.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

IDK about anyone else, but if I stop doing emissaries for a week or two I notice a sharp decline in my resource reserves. The new missions are pretty expensive to keep up with, but the amount of gold you can make off of them seems worth it.

Too boring, and too low chances. I never cared for emissaries to begin with, I'm amazed people are still doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Too boring, and too low chances. I never cared for emissaries to begin with, I'm amazed people are still doing that.
    Such a small amount of time to get order resources / bloods / AP even if I have all my legendaries. I understand why not everyone would want to spend the 15-20 minutes but that's why I do. There are other things I would do first that have higher payout on the time investment, but emissaries aren't terrible in that regard.

Deleted
    You can get a token for a class you dont have nor ever had an inclination to level. Like paladin for me, I got a legendary token that will never be used.

To get all the mounts

I haven't done emissaries in weeks... I feel much more relaxed now... You can afford to take a break from them, especially if you dont have much time to play.

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    IDK about anyone else, but if I stop doing emissaries for a week or two I notice a sharp decline in my resource reserves. The new missions are pretty expensive to keep up with, but the amount of gold you can make off of them seems worth it.
    I haven't done an emissary (except the 2 argus factions when it comes up as one) since ToS came out and I have seen the opposite. My order resources have actually gone up even while doing the new missions and recruiting the new followers. Equip a follower with the items that give order hall resources when you complete a WQ (I found Meatball to be the best, he is OP)

I never got anything good in this boxes, I feel demotivated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've stopped doing them since long, even though I still have some (albeit non-important) leggies to collect. Seems to me I can just do something more enjoyable with my time instead, like an extra m+ run, and that chest will be just as likely to be the trigger for the next leggy. As intended, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by myshwalrus View Post
    This is true except if you're using a token on a class that already has all legendaries for the lootspec you're opening it in, in which case you just get the same token refunded. Not that this is a situation a lot of people will run into.
    For example:
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    I haven't done emissaries in weeks... I feel much more relaxed now... You can afford to take a break from them, especially if you dont have much time to play.
    Same here. No reason for me to do them. I already have my BIS legendaries, don't like mounts(though I've got them already), I don't need resources, and Argus is much faster way to get AP(though I'm not farming it, just doing it in a casual way).