Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    The equivalent of putting hands on your ears, shaking your heading and saying no no no no no no no.
    Or that I simply do not agree with you.

Deleted
    Speaking as someone who resented even BG's existing (because they killed world pvp), if we're gonna have AV then people have to run to Alterac.
    In city BG masters were a negative development. People sat in town all day farming honour.

AV/WSG being open at the start will mean no Tarren Mill / Southshore pvp. You know that right? Cos all that declined when they opened Alterac and really died when BG npc's popped up in Ironforge and Org.

Maybe is just me but I like if they apply archivements system, anyway this doesn't affect vanilla experience

Deleted

Majority says yes to periodic class balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The whole ****ing point of this whole ****ing years-long ordeal was convincing Blizzard to re-release the original version of WoW - i.e. the one that made people fall in love with it in the first place.
    That's not going to happen. They're going to have to make changes due to technical reasons just to make it work. If you're expecting to be able to use your private server client and just change the realmlist you're in for a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    What made classic WoW so great was community, that went to hell with LFG being introduced, nobody knew anyone anymore.........btw you didn't spend hours in IF/ORG looking for groups, that is some BS that people who probably never played spread around, you made friends and your guild was there as well.
    The only legit "what if" question concerning that: What if it were limited to just the classic server and (in the event there are multiple classic servers) not cross server?

I don't have a dog in this race, so to speak, but I will say that to include a cross server LFG/D system in what's supposed to be a recreation of vanilla WoW wouldn't be historically accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    No, I'm not. You literally made my point for me.
    I made my point for you saying that the results haven't changed since it was small-scale until now? Yeah okay that makes sense.

I'm saying that BEFORE it was "tainted" with the non-classic crowd, it was still NEARLY 50/50 ON ALL of these choices where it is still 50/50.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post

lol 54% majority
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I made my point for you saying that the results haven't changed since it was small-scale until now? Yeah okay that makes sense.

I'm saying that BEFORE it was "tainted" with the non-classic crowd, it was still NEARLY 50/50 ON ALL of these choices where it is still 50/50.
    You literally said that specific poll options have switched majorities, which is the point I made. On top of this, the results have changed more than you're claiming, so you're doubly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post

I mean, why wouldn't you want that? Trust me right now, that 45.7% will be singing a very different tune if class X has some ridiculously overpowered ability that nobody can deal with, and a few months in 60% of wow classic players are playing that class. If that were to happen, run this poll again and you'll see very different numbers.

I don't think anyones advocating for new spells/abilities or removal of spells/abilities, but they can and will adjust damage numbers, cooldowns, etc to ensure a level playing field. I think anyone that thinks otherwise is naive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Last time I checked, Vanilla was aimed at retail players to you know, make that nostalgia in the first place, yo.
    It was made to give those who wanted a real server not a private server that was always in danger of being shut down or in danger of sheer stupidity of those who ran it. I don't buy the whole nostalgia thing. Those are going to be the people who play for two months, the normies more or less who play retail with a smile on their face. The remaining people will be the purists.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I mean, why wouldn't you want that? Trust me right now, that 45.7% will be singing a very different tune if class X has some ridiculously overpowered ability that nobody can deal with, and a few months in 60% of wow classic players are playing that class. If that were to happen, run this poll again and you'll see very different numbers.

I don't think anyones advocating for new spells/abilities or removal of spells/abilities, but they can and will adjust damage numbers, cooldowns, etc to ensure a level playing field. I think anyone that thinks otherwise is naive.
    The classic community has already been playing the vanilla game without balance changes for years. Servers that have opened with such changes dwindle and die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post

It wouldn't be vanilla with 40 sec saps or polymorphs. Classes had stark differences and some were more viable than others that should stay. The fact that you don't give real examples as I did points to your lack of play on private servers for real experience of the vanilla game. To say that I'm naïve will make you look stupid so don't. It all should remain as is. It's easier for Blizz because they don't need to pay the hours for a programmer to make the changes and it's the only way to keep it as original as possible which is what they have stated numerous times to be their intention.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Is there anything else you can tell us? Being a Blizzard employee and all?
    Nah, it's what they know about debating. Someone told them that if they state their opinions as facts often enough, they will come true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Would you like to see LFG/LFR ad-

*SMASHES NO*

Okay some of these overly purist 'No's confuse me... I'm all for keeping most things the same 1x, fuck no to flying mounts and the like...

But ...no darkmoon faire at launch? Why the fuck not? What's the reasoning? I started the game with that feature already kicking about so I don't get why it would ruin anything. Not like anyone low level can make much use of it anyway, and the perks it does give are ... well nice at best, minimal and unintrusive at worst.
    The game should start as it was at launch and release patches over time, just like the 1st time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    What made classic WoW so great was community, that went to hell with LFG being introduced, nobody knew anyone anymore.........btw you didn't spend hours in IF/ORG looking for groups, that is some BS that people who probably never played spread around, you made friends and your guild was there as well.
    I played since day 1, raided, was in a guild, had 5+ friends that played with me and finding tanks and healers could take hours. I can remember waiting 45+ min for a tank, getting one, running to the instance only to find out his gear sucked and couldn't tank at all. Man, fun times.

Most of my memory of vanilla was running circles in IF.

I think some balancing is necessary, but what people are afraid of is balancing similar to live. Basically the goals and philosophy for balancing vanilla were different, and they should probably be kept in mind when trying to balance classic now. For example, vanilla had far less closely defined roles than live does. Live treats ret paladins like a pure dps, whereas vanilla had something else in mind entirely. I think maintaining those shades of roles and niches in between the holy trinity roles is important. Small nudges here and there while maintaining that vanilla mindset are fine, meta shifts on the other hand would not be.

Deleted
    The results of this poll confuse the hell out of me.

Clearly there are far less purists than I thought there were.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Blizzard needs to just tune all (yes, all) of you people out and re-release the original game, as it was, with the same patch/content rollout. Start it with MC, then BWL, then AQ, then Naxx.
    Convince me that Blizzard needs to tune me but not you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorrum View Post
    It wouldn't be vanilla with 40 sec saps or polymorphs. Classes had stark differences and some were more viable than others that should stay. The fact that you don't give real examples as I did points to your lack of play on private servers for real experience of the vanilla game. To say that I'm naïve will make you look stupid so don't. It all should remain as is. It's easier for Blizz because they don't need to pay the hours for a programmer to make the changes and it's the only way to keep it as original as possible which is what they have stated numerous times to be their intention.
    Saved post for when they fiddle with balance. Because it will happen. Just like it did in real vanilla. Cya in a few years