Page 1 of 3
LastLast

No Balance changes - Would you play Support?

Would you roll a Support class? Would you or do you enjoy playing it? No poll necessary, just opening a discussion to share opinions.

I'm for balance changes because in my personal experience, I did not enjoy playing Support. At the time, I played a Druid because I thought the idea of playing as a Druid of the Claw from Warcraft 3 was awesome. Little did I know that Bearform wasn't a viable end-game option, and so I was stuck with being the innervatebot in raids.

I was not happy playing a Support main. To me, it wasn't even that I wasn't able to play the role I wanted, but that the gameplay itself was unfulfilling and extremely bland. Perhaps if I had geared more as a healer and had an actual main heal role I would have had more fun, but knowing how raiding works now, there's no reason why I wouldn't roll a Priest instead.

Knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't roll a Druid main knowing what awaits me in the end-game.

What are your experiences, and what would make you roll a Support?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Would you roll a Support class? Would you or do you enjoy playing it? No poll necessary, just opening a discussion to share opinions.

I'm for balance changes because in my personal experience, I did not enjoy playing Support. At the time, I played a Druid because I thought the idea of playing as a Druid of the Claw from Warcraft 3 was awesome. Little did I know that Bearform wasn't a viable end-game option, and so I was stuck with being the innervatebot in raids.

I was not happy playing a Support main. To me, it wasn't even that I wasn't able to play the role I wanted, but that the gameplay itself was unfulfilling and extremely bland. Perhaps if I had geared more as a healer and had an actual main heal role I would have had more fun, but knowing how raiding works now, there's no reason why I wouldn't roll a Priest instead.

Knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't roll a Druid main knowing what awaits me in the end-game.

What are your experiences, and what would make you roll a Support?
    If the support class is fulfilling and enjoyable, sure. But if it's literally just "Apply Curse of Elements and go AFK". No, definitely not.

Sure. Paladins and druids are still brought to raids.

Absolutely not. I remember leveling my paladin to 60, getting kicked from my first real raid in ZG because I was in ret, and told I need to go spec holy or go pvp.

That was not a pleasant experience and the leveling in classic was hell, i remember it taking 2 months to get to 60 from level 55 as a ret paladin with no quests available.

Had I known what was waiting for me I would have leveled a warlock or a mage (As I later did when I quit the game and really rolled a few months later)

I have no desire to play those classes if there's no balance change especially considering I could literally not do the fucking AQ and naxx badge quests by myself. If more than one mob came at me it meant death and the respawn times combined with how fucking long it took to kill something made it so shit would respawn right in the middle of fights.

No. Hell no. Fix their viability and then i don't mind healing in raids as long as when I'm not in raid I can do what I want.

In theory.
    In practice, where I to do that I would more play an out-right hybrid; Feral Druid throwing out heals, decursing, combat ressing, innervating, buffing, sitting in cat form in the melee group granting +5% crit to them (at least on alliance, on horde that would probably go to a shaman with WF totem). I think I could enjoy that and I would probably need to prove via math my overall usefulness and contribution to a raid's total HPS and DPS being higher with me than "with just another x".
    Not everyone is open to be convinced. I would only sit in cat form when there's nothing else to do anyway, since feral doesn't interest me in Legion or in vanilla (several but not all expansions inbetween, however..)

What will actually happen? Amongst our play group (where eight players who played back then are slated to return, and I am the only one currently playing), all those roles are already filled and I will have to think of my own game play should it be so that they do not last the entire marathon, so to speak. All won't.
    So I would likely play either a Warrior or a Mage.

Deleted
    I played a pally all the way through until the fuckers took away my shield.....So yeah.

But not sure if I'd be willing to grind out classic the way I used to, moved on, more games out there for my time, different gaming culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a heartbeat. I love playing support. I'll be the first one to volunteer to do adds if a separate group is assigned to it, and some of my best times in game was as a shadow priest with low-medium DPS but being a mana battery.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    In a heartbeat. I love playing support. I'll be the first one to volunteer to do adds if a separate group is assigned to it, and some of my best times in game was as a shadow priest with low-medium DPS but being a mana battery.
    You mean you were worthless and provided mana with a welfare heal cool down, you also got lucky that your guild let you play shadow, i never saw more than one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    You mean you were worthless and provided mana with a welfare heal cool down, you also got lucky that your guild let you play shadow, i never saw more than one.
    No, that's not what I mean at all. Back when mana mattered, it mattered.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

People who cannot see worth of a player or role outside of their personal position on a dps meter is precisely why I have grown more and more disenchanted with current wow.
    Also, really? During the mana battery days (tbc), we even had two at one point. They were valuable and fun.

And we also had a power infusion/shadow weaving spec'ed priest in actual vanilla. The only rule was not to use PI before the first two minutes, or else the target would pull threat and wipe the raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course,did it once and will do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    People who cannot see worth of a player or role outside of their personal position on a dps meter is precisely why I have grown more and more disenchanted with current wow.
    Also, really? During the mana battery days (tbc), we even had two at one point. They were valuable and fun.

And we also had a power infusion/shadow weaving spec'ed priest in actual vanilla. The only rule was not to use PI before the first two minutes, or else the target would pull threat and wipe the raid.
    People with the privilege to actually play the game how they wanted to because they had a tiny niche allowing one of them to exist are part of the reason I'm disenchanted with the elitist of wow. Just because you got have fun doesn't mean the rest of us weren't in total fucking misery and annoyed that we didn't get to enioy the game like you did. Making class just viable enough to not get kicked and just barely able to do quests by yourself for the badge quest is not some high and mighty request like continually trying to fuck us is.

Played Resto Druid all through Vanilla (C'thun, couple Naxx wings), though AQ40 on was done in Feral giant mana pool spec instead of true Resto.

Definitely not doing Druid again, but Resto Shaman is on my possibility list, since I'm thinking there'll be a glut of War/Rogue/Mage/Priest and people are going to forget how good Windfury was back then, plus the old WF-chain PVP gib is pretty fun when it happens.

People with the privilege to actually play the game how they wanted to because they had a tiny niche allowing one of them to exist are part of the reason I'm disenchanted with the elitist of wow. Just because you got have fun doesn't mean the rest of us weren't in total fucking misery and annoyed that we didn't get to enioy the game like you did. Making class just viable enough to not get kicked and just barely able to do quests by yourself for the badge quest is not some high and mighty request like continually trying to fuck us is.
    Were you in such a misery just because Steve the Priest could give the top Warlock Power Infusion?
    And are you suggesting that I, of the two of us, are the elitist? Fascinating.

Why do you guys insist on thinking everything needs to be changed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am seriously considering pally or druid. It depends a lot on what my family and friends roll though. I'm not expecting to tank as either or dps as pally in endgame pve though. They still bring other things to the table and looked ok from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Were you in such a misery just because Steve the Priest could give the top Warlock Power Infusion?
    And are you suggesting that I, of the two of us, are the elitist? Fascinating.

Why do you guys insist on thinking everything needs to be changed?
    Priest with PI was part of the healing talent tree how is comparing dps spec to healing spec even remotely the same when the healing spec was actually viable?

I played a paladin during pre bc, I couldn't even farm gold without relying in my rogue friend in tyrs hand, when he logged off I had to die multiple times and accept I can't handle that area by myself in my self proclaimed dps spec which says a lot about how shit it really was.

Priest with PI was part of the healing talent tree how is comparing dps spec to healing spec even remotely the same when the healing spec was actually viable?

I played a paladin during pre bc, I couldn't even farm gold without relying in my rogue friend in tyrs hand, when he logged off I had to die multiple times and accept I can't handle that area by myself in my self proclaimed dps spec which says a lot about how shit it really was.
    I know it was. The end point of Discipline. Which, no, is not a healing tree in vanilla. And that's exactly the point. The DPS this Priest creates through his tools for others' does show up on the damage meter, just not under his own name. What's so wrong about that?

I don't see a problem there either? Why would you go after elites solo if you are a class that couldn't handle them (and you could as prot)? It's not the game's fault for you to make poor choices. If I jump off a cliff in today's wow on a class without a slow fall mechanic, I'm probably gonna die, even though the mage right next to me survived. This is not the game design's fault.
    There were plenty of other areas in the game to farm.

Personally, I think the fact that some players could handle Tyr's Hand solo is a bit on the casual side, but hey, that's Vanilla and I will have to deal with that.

Yes, I will play a support, but I will be playing 2 accounts at once so I am supporting... myself. Since playing a warrior in vanilla is such a woefully low APM class leveling up, I will always have a healer of some sort (probably shaman) on auto-follow. I will use autohotkey or some other addon to automatically be dropping windfury totem and be ready on the heals. To me, that will make the game more fun (and probably faster to level). At max level, I will rarely raid with the shaman, maybe a weekly MC or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends sort of, like Paladin I had - in raid it was STFU and heal, but in PvP it was a monster (though pretty much anyone could run away from, unless they get instakllled, which was a thing with some luck or reckbomb).

Even as a healer I ended up having enough damage dealing hand me downs to gear up to be PvP menace.

On the other hand - if you want to deal damage in raids - save yourself a trouble and roll pure - preferrably mage or rogue. Locks were somewhat screwed by debuff limit and Hunters just did plain lower DPS. Warriors did surprising amount of DPS as well, pretty damn insane even, but they were literally living on the edge with threat.