Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    And where were pandaren to teach nightborne monk arts? Or why void elves are monks, whose class fantasy is about inner balance? And why void elves cant be DK's, when current void elf is blood elf, who delves into the void magic? Why warrior or mage delves into void magic and not death knight? This shit doesnt make any sense wahhhahwwqdfjbvnvu.
    Allied Races are joining the Alliance/Horde in the present. New Allied characters aren't tied into decades of existing Warcraft history. A Highmountain tauren Monk is a Highmountain tauren who has left the Broken Isles to join the Horde and just started their adventures in Azeroth, training with the pandaren. Same for Nightborne or any of the others.

Death Knights characters were killed in the Eastern Kingdoms and raised by the Lich King before the events of Wrath of the Lich King.

Demon Hunters are blood elves and night elves who were trained by Illidan at the Black Temple during the events of The Burning Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Death Knights characters were killed in the Eastern Kingdoms and raised by the Lich King before the events of Wrath of the Lich King.
    I am mainly talking about void elves, who are blood elves, who started practicing void in recent years. So why Death knight, who was raised by lich king, couldnt start practicing void in recent years?

15+ Year Old Account
    I am mainly talking about void elves, who are blood elves, who started practicing void in recent years. So why Death knight, who was raised by lich king, couldnt start practicing void in recent years?
    Because Death Knight starting exprience is set before Wrath of the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Because Death Knight starting exprience is set before Wrath of the Lich King.
    I think he's asking that, instead a void-tainted blood elf being raised into DK, make a blood elf DK being void-tainted.

It doesn't change still the answer: that would require a new starting experience, and that seems precisely what Blizzard is trying to avoid with allied races (and people seem to not understand).

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    By that logic, why couldn't any/all Blood Elves change to Void Elves?

BE NE only DHs. I'm fine with this. No need to push new race class combinations that make no sense. Unless it's a tauren warlock obviously.

because he is already dead and doesnt suffer from magic adiction anymore, from my understanding void elves are elves who were siphoning void magic and thus were exiled from silvermoon after the loss of the sunwell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Blizz said only elves could be Demon Hunters but I am looking at the 2 new races of elves on their site and not a one of them has the option of becoming a demon hunter. Seriously Blizz, make this happen. NAOW!
    No, they wont and they shouldnt - back in the days when Illidari happend Nighborns where hiding and Void elfs didnt existed yet.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    All current player Demon Hunters were with Illidan at Black Temple. Void Elves didn't exist back then, and Nightborn were still living under their shield. So no.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    You can't introduce Void Elf Demon hunters. Their edginess would cut the game in half merely by their presence.
    Night Elf Blood Death Knight

Story wise it wouldn't make any sense to have Void Elves or Nightborne be Demon Hunters. The Nightborne were sealed away from the rest of the world until Legion and didn't actually start warming up to the rest of the Races until we helped them during the expansion (at which point Illidan was still sealed away and when he finally was revived, he was far too busy fighting the Legion to create and train more Demon Hunters). And the Void Elves don't even exist yet. As far as I am aware, the Void Elves' story doesn't start until between Legion and BFA, especially since Alleria didn't become one until now. There would also be a big contraction between Void and Fel. Demon Hunters are highly skilled in the Fel and have nothing to do with the Void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    When it comes to monk, I don't really understand it myself. Any race (save worgen and goblin because of their silly starting areas) should be able to learn how to be zen as fuck.

As with void elves, I'm pretty sure lorewise they already had a class before they went from blood to void elves, which would make any belf class a contender, unless void be picky.

Your last statement is very true though. Wahhhahwwqdfjbvnvu!
    Paladins and DH are off limits to Void Elves by the vary nature of their existence. The void, the light, and the fel are all countered by each other. It would like a Forsaken Druid; complete opposites.

They also weren't around when Arthas was getting jiggy with his Death Knight club, so no Void DKs. No Nightborne either.

I've actually put a lot of thought into the topic of how the classes would be split across the new six from a lore perspective. It would go a bit off topic though, plus I'm at work, so it would be best served as a PM conversation. If anyone's interested, feel free to message me. ^_^
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-11-15 at 10:12 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    This..some of the story has to have value.
    Void elves are just blood elves that were "exiled" and or left the horde. Its entirely possible for the blood elf DH to have done so and become a void elf under the tutelage of Alleria.

As for Nightborne... There were *technically* the Felborne in Suramar who were Technically demon hunters but yeah.. These are a stretch at best.

I'm not advocating either, I could care less to be frank. Just putting my 2 cents out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    *waiting for draenei warlock*

There are other race/class combos that would be nice to see well before nightborn/void demon hunters :P That and everyone here has stated why it won't happen and why it would be a dumb reason.
    Not gonna happen for exodar draenei or lf draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Let's make this easy for all this people that have a hard time to understand the weid chronology of WoW:

All DKs start at the prelude of WotLK (year 27). Worgen DKs are Arugal's, and goblin are Steamwheedle.
    All DH start at the prelude of Dark Temple (late year 26).
    Draenei and Blood Elves start at the prelude of the Burning Crusade (early year 26).
    Humans, Dwarves, Night Elves, Gnomes, Gilnean Worgen, Orcs, Forsaken, Tauren, Trolls and Bilgewater Goblin start at the aftermath of the Cataclysm (year 28)
    Pandaren start between the Cataclysm and the prelude of MoP (years 28-30)

Now, the new allied races are implied to start the moment we unlock them, so that is after Antorus raid: year 32+.

So no, the new races can't be DKs because they were isolated at the year 27 (5 years ago). Maybe Dark Iron and Zandalari could be. I can also see Pandaren (lore-wise it's possible).
    They can't be DH either for the same reasons.
    The rests I asume they're recently trained people, so they could be any of the non-hero clases (but I understand the restrictions bases on race identity).
    But what about void elves? I think we're all forgetting the very importantmatter that is... Void elves are literally just blood elves that defected from the horde and began learning void magic w/ Alleria. There is no logical reason for either of these specs to gated from void elves. It's silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    The purpose of DHs was to defeat the Legion. They have no reason to keep training more (that's a high-risk process that only a low % can survive).

Anyways, the definitve reason behind not giving hero-classes to any new races is that Blizzard would need to redo the starting experience at least to these races, as long they don't fit chronologically on the current experience.
    Nightborne were trapped for 10k years in their bubble, so Arthas couldn't make them DKs, nor they could be at the Dark Temple when Illidan was there.
    Void Elves didnt exit until... well, as far as we know, they don't exist yet. They are void consumed high/blood elves, and Alleria rescue them anytime between after the Antorus raid and the prelude of BfA.
    And what's preventing these "void consumed" H/Belves from being Death Knights or Demon Hunters that are saved by alleria?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Void Elves didn't exist and Nightborne were still inside their bubble when Illidan trained the Illidari. Did this really need to be explained to you?
    Yes. The didn't exist. But they also didn't just spawn from thin air. They are a race that spawned from blood elves and highelves after antorus and guess what? There were DK and DH blood elves (and possibly high elves) during and after antorus.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    because he is already dead and doesnt suffer from magic adiction anymore, from my understanding void elves are elves who were siphoning void magic and thus were exiled from silvermoon after the loss of the sunwell
    Which by itself makes no sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iNumbers View Post
    But what about void elves? I think we're all forgetting the very importantmatter that is... Void elves are literally just blood elves that defected from the horde and began learning void magic w/ Alleria. There is no logical reason for either of these specs to gated from void elves. It's silly.

- - - Updated - - -

And what's preventing these "void consumed" H/Belves from being Death Knights or Demon Hunters that are saved by alleria?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. The didn't exist. But they also didn't just spawn from thin air. They are a race that spawned from blood elves and highelves after antorus and guess what? There were DK and DH blood elves (and possibly high elves) during and after antorus.
    There can be no new DH as there are no longer demon souls to bind to themselves

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iNumbers View Post
    For DH, the fel infusion in their bodies would react poorly with the void infusion of a VE. Void, Fel, and Light all cancel/harm each other. So that's why no DH.

I'm sure there's a good reason for DK, but I'm at work and can't give it the proper research to find it and I don't know one off the top of my head. Probably has something to do with them serving the Lich King, not Alleria. I want to give a better answer here, but I can't right now. Sorry.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    You know I had actually forgotten about the worgen part of wotlk as I tend to skip over grizzly hills while leveling, cheers for reminding me
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    This post makes me sad 'cause Grizzly Hills has the -best- music in all of Wrath...
    I also shed a tear there. I regularly go back just for the music or play it on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
    Which by itself makes no sense

- - - Updated - - -

There can be no new DH as there are no longer demon souls to bind to themselves
    They aren't new dh.. they're old DH that became void consumed Post-Antorus.

Blizz wrote themselves in a corner with DH and their intro zone. The lore was very clear that was BE and a few NE only.

Other races only make sense lorewise if they do a new intro zone, and that's very unlikely just for new class/combo. Also would make no sense train new ones with the end of the legion.
    We may see new DHs races when the legion inevitable returns, but until then i would not hold my breath.