Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    exactly. thats how it was. if you dont want to play how it was, dont play. they are making this server to get in on the market of vanilla players who play on nost and other servers. we want that game back. if they are going to change it, id rather just keep playing on an existing private server which try for an authentic experience (or, not play at all)
    I think you're pretty naive if you think they're only targeting people on private servers.

A tougher, more focused, more community-oriented and more straightforward MMO has a lot wider appeal than just people on Nostralius. There's space in that demographic for additions and changes like being able to play whatever spec you want. That does not break or undermine the experience of grinding, cooperating, playing and leveling carefully, and investing great time into a single character, and even then, a single spec. You can have multiple viable specs per class and still replicate Vanilla's gameplay, atmosphere and difficulty. They're not exclusive of one another.

I really think you and others are misguided if you truly believe you're going to get a carbon copy of 1.12. 2017's Activision-Blizzard is not a company that alienates customers willfully because "that's how the game was nearly 15 years ago."

This obsession of only accepting an exact 1:1 copy of 2006's 1.12 is mind-boggling to me.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-11-15 at 11:31 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I think you're pretty naive if you think they're only targeting people on private servers.

A tougher, more focused, more community-oriented and more straightforward MMO has a lot wider appeal than just people on Nostralius. There's space in that demographic for additions and changes like being able to play whatever spec you want. That does not break or undermine the experience of grinding, cooperating, playing and leveling carefully, and investing great time into a single character, and even then, a single spec. You can have multiple viable specs per class and still replicate Vanilla's gameplay, atmosphere and difficulty. They're not exclusive of one another.

I really think you and others are misguided if you truly believe you're going to get a carbon copy of 1.12. 2017's Activision-Blizzard is not a company that alienates customers willfully because "that's how the game was nearly 15 years ago."

This obsession of only accepting an exact 1:1 copy of 2006's 1.12 is mind-boggling to me.
    do you think they would be doing this if Nostalrius hadnt happened? No way. Also, changing specs is not replicating gameplay, so no.

Deleted
    I hope they reconsider... I just can't understand how Classic servers will cater to people who we're asking for them in the first place if they're planning all these weird changes. Vanilla experience in that case, is going to be very watered down....

do you think they would be doing this if Nostalrius hadnt happened? No way. Also, changing specs is not replicating gameplay, so no.
    They never said they would replicate gameplay. They said they would provide a Vanilla Experience, take that as you will. For some, they will interpret that as Vanilla 1:1. I doubt Blizzard would actually dig that hole for themselves with that kind of verbage though, else they would have outright said 'We're bringing pure Vanilla no changes' and be done with it. Why else would a CM even open discussion if their goal was already set?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    They never said they would replicate gameplay. They said they would provide a Vanilla Experience, take that as you will. For some, they will interpret that as Vanilla 1:1. I doubt Blizzard would actually dig that hole for themselves with that kind of verbage though, else they would have outright said 'We're bringing pure Vanilla no changes' and be done with it. Why else would a CM even open discussion if their goal was already set?
    I kind of hope they do. While class balance on the face of it seems like a good idea... I want vanilla wow with vanilla rule sets and vanilla difficulty.

Vanilla content is garbage its how everything was tuned that made it good.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I kind of hope they do. While class balance on the face of it seems like a good idea... I want vanilla wow with vanilla rule sets and vanilla difficulty.

Vanilla content is garbage its how everything was tuned that made it good.
    It's not the content that bothers me as much as class balance. As the CM mentioned, Hybrid Tax was poor design, and I don't think many people realize how badly designed it actually was for people who played Hybrids expecting something else. There was no such thing as a PVE Retadin or Feral unless your raid brought you as a non-essential member to fill the ranks.

Everything was tuned to be good if you weren't a Hybrid. The gameplay was not compelling for players (like me) who got stuck in those roles because melee DPS was not an option.

I honestly don't want to roll a Rogue or Warrior if my intention is to DPS/Tank, but without any changes that's what I would do. I would rather be a Druid and provide buffs while performing a role I chose, just like I did in TBC. I didn't top charts in TBC but I could still provide plenty of utility while still contributing to DPS and not be considered a 'non-essential'.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-11-16 at 01:28 AM.

Welp. they are cocking it up already and the team isnt even formed yet. losing hope that this will be anything good.
    Do "project 60" like all the retards do if you want today's features while being stuck at level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    It's not the content that bothers me as much as class balance. As the CM mentioned, Hybrid Tax was poor design, and I don't think many people realize how badly designed it actually was for people who played Hybrids expecting something else. There was no such thing as a PVE Retadin or Feral unless your raid brought you as a non-essential member to fill the ranks.
    I worry that it will lead to them... modernising more of it. The biggest draw of vanilla was being weaker. I enjoyed the sense of if not danger at least being threatened by the world.

They should not balance the specs and make things viable that were not viable at the time. Ironically I won't be playing it really at all BECAUSE specs are unviable, but that doesn't mean I want them to change it from what vanilla was.

@superhumanj Is that survey official blizz survey? Who made that survey? you op?
    Nice survey but if it is official blizz survey I would like to think well and answer.
    Last edited by Gref; 2017-11-16 at 01:47 AM.

It is going to be an abomination of Vanilla.... i can already see it. Dont kill all the pservers...we are still going to need em.
    It is a shame that they already trying to f*ck it up before they even started the whole damn thing.

Why the heck cant they simply make Vanilla as it was? WITH alle the ups and downs - this is exactly what is wanted, simple and plain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cab View Post
    It is going to be an abomination of Vanilla.... i can already see it. Dont kill all the pservers...we are still going to need em.
    It is a shame that they already trying to f*ck it up before they even started the whole damn thing.

Why the heck cant they simply make Vanilla as it was? WITH alle the ups and downs - this is exactly what is wanted, simple and plain.
    Same reason why wow declined. Blizzard are renowned cowards to bowing to whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Won't I be OP and shit on every single class if I as a feral do as much dps as a rogue?
    No one said they should do as much DPS as a rogue. Througout all of TBC, Feral always did sub-optimal melee damage, but was still welcomed in the group for providing the much-wanted buffs that only they could provide. That was bringing a Druid to the group who provided buffs and utility WHILE contributing meaningful DPS. Feral in TBC never made rogues obsolete. Hybrid Tax existed until WOTLK, where Feral was actually allowed to deal competitive DPS, but that's not what I'm talking about bringing to Vanilla.

This worked in TBC. It doesn't even exist at all in Vanilla.

Let me put this in perspective - Druid are one of the most popular classes since TBC, while server stats in Nostalrius showed them as the least-played class. The class has the potential for fun in all specs; it just didn't really exist back in Vanilla. That's why I want balance changes, and not to be some OP do-it-all like the Purists are painting it to be. TBC Druids are still very much Jack of all Trades.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-11-16 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cab View Post

According to surveys floating around, that is actually not what is wanted, not by an overwhelming majority at least. LFR and flying are right out, but the opinion on class balance is roughly half and half.

One has to realize WoW has a highly diverse playerbase, and that most of these changes that ''ruined the game''? Were things done in answer to player complaints and feedback. Blizzard didn't just change shit to spite people, believe it or not. Classic will be no different, and its playerbase will not be an echo chamber.

I honestly think that blizz will take the easy way out, instead of balancing classes, just make respecc-ing super cheap or free.

That way, yes, if you're a druid, you still have to heal when raiding, but at least you can easily switch specs to do quests and farming.

Vanilla experience to me is slower leveling, less QoL "improvements" to rush everything along, harder and more group oriented content (you're not likely killing that elite world mob on your own) and very large focus on the community, and I'm fairly certain that is what vanilla experience means to a hell of a lot more too.
    Half the classes and 3/4 of specs being bad to unusable and dated 2004 graphics is a symptom of the time, not the reason people played and fondly remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbusg View Post
    Vanilla experience to me is slower leveling, less QoL "improvements" to rush everything along, harder and more group oriented content (you're not likely killing that elite world mob on your own) and very large focus on the community, and I'm fairly certain that is what vanilla experience means to a hell of a lot more too.
    Half the classes and 3/4 of specs being bad to unusable and dated 2004 graphics is a symptom of the time, not the reason people played and fondly remember it.
    Do you honestly trust blizzard to stop at class tuning?

Wow didn't become the wow of today by them making wise and thoughtout choices but rather a seesaw of extremes from different vocal groups of players.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Do you honestly trust blizzard to stop at class tuning?
    Do you honestly believe that enhancement shamans being able viably tank, which in vanilla is an obvious intended role anyhow, is going to turn classic into legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It's mind boggling people think blizzard is going to release a game as broken as vanilla was today. They learned over the years and moved away from the hybrid tax for reason, it was awful.

And yet someone, not sure who, told me it was mindboggling that Blizzard would release classic servers at all. How did the same cast of characters that dominated "the private server that can't be named" thread with venomous contempt all end up in this forum. I mean that's a lot of time to spend on a game you hate.

Balancing in Vanilla?

Ahahaha....no.

Balancing is not what made PVP Fun.

Fun is what made PVP fun. Just the sheer craziness of it made me love it.