This sounds a LOT like the Underground expansion from The Division.

So the new raid is Part 2 of the Leviathan........

LOL
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

Destiny 2 PC Complaints

The Chat system overall is almost useless. The fact that you can turn it off completely is terrible. The notification from receiving a message is so easy to miss. Why if there is an option to turn it off completely isnt there an option to make the chat window toggle and leave on or heck even some sort of instant messenger popup would be huge even if its only out of combat or something along those lines.
    Why isnt there a Clan chat channel in game.

In game Clan recruitment is non existent. If people dont see messages and whispers in some places are disabled between strangers makes that hard. Ninja inviting atm is the only option for growing clan in game. I've sent messages to ninja clan invites and never received a reply. Its not a one time thing this has happened with 10+ people It seems people just have chat disabled.

So with the chat system being almost useless they have a voice chat system great... No one seems to use it. I have auto join enabled (why isnt this default????) I've not once heard someone talk in game via this voice chat system again a clan recruitment roadblock. I've invited and joined the aforementioned members to fireteams and tried the in game voice chat and no response. If they dont see chat and they dont join voice chat how do you talk to them? Finding them in game and jumping up in down in front of them doesnt work. "throws hands in the air in frustration"

Yes you can go outside the game for these things but that takes away from the game in my opinion.
    With these problems it makes doing Nightfalls, Raids and competitive Cruicibles hard to coordinate if you dont have an already larger clan or brought a clan from Destiny 1 to D2.

The voice chat system has terrible quality and I've been using Discord or Bnet chat and currently my clan members were bnet friends.
    I just find these issues terrible oversights for a PC launch . Id understand these issues if it launched on PC the day consoles launched but to have the delay of launch and these huge issues id dumbfounding.

Suggesting using 3rd party or external sources or the companion app to do these basic things is a bandaid and yeah I will have to resort to doing so It shouldn't be like this. It is disappointing.

I apologize if this is incoherent babbling but you should understand my problems.

- - - Updated - - -

I did post this on the bungie forums as well.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotomon View Post
    In game Clan recruitment is non existent. If people dont see messages and whispers in some places are disabled between strangers makes that hard. Ninja inviting atm is the only option for growing clan in game. I've sent messages to ninja clan invites and never received a reply. Its not a one time thing this has happened with 10+ people It seems people just have chat disabled.
    Clan recruitment is primarily intended to be on Bungie's website, rather than in the game UI. There's a recruitment forum with posts you can review, you can search clans directly, and apply right on the site (open invites accept automatically, some are set to need approval but you can still file the request).

Yes you can go outside the game for these things but that takes away from the game in my opinion.
    Clan management and voice communication was third-party to a pretty significant degree with WoW for years, and still largely is for that matter. Honestly, the complaints on this seem a bit weird.

I'd like some broader chat options, but as I pointed out earlier, it requires a lot of staff to include chat, because it has to be monitored. When there's third-party options people are already using that are free and easy to use, it becomes questionable how much value Bungie would actually get out of it.

Suggesting using 3rd party or external sources or the companion app to do these basic things is a bandaid and yeah I will have to resort to doing so It shouldn't be like this. It is disappointing.
    Why?

People keep saying this, but it was the same in Destiny 1 (worse, from what I've read). They never promised anything more. The third-party options are easy and integrate just fine. People have been using third-party stuff for MMOs since basically always. It's one of the big advantages to PC gaming; you're not limited to just what the game/system offers.

Tons of clans use third-party websites/voice chats, not just for Destiny 2, but for all multiplayer PC games. I've used Ventrilo, Teamchat, or Discord in D2, in WoW, in Planetside 2, in Heroes of the Storm, and so forth. Across genres and companies. This isn't some new "thing" all of a sudden, it's standard practice.

The lack of some in-game chat, at least in the Tower, is a bit of a downer, but like any other game like this, it'd end up being 80% clan/LFG spam, and 19% stupid in-jokes or abuse. Look at WoW chat; how often were useful conversations taking place there, rather than "LFG Wailing Caverns, need tank/healer" or "Did someone say Anal [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?" Be honest.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-11-16 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why?

People keep saying this, but it was the same in Destiny 1 (worse, from what I've read). They never promised anything more. The third-party options are easy and integrate just fine. People have been using third-party stuff for MMOs since basically always. It's one of the big advantages to PC gaming; you're not limited to just what the game/system offers.
    Cause you shouldn't be forced to use 3rd party options to do stuff in a game.

You are not forced to do it in WoW, Guild Wars or any other MMO or MMO like game. Hell you don't even need to do it for Warframe.

People was pissed before that in Destiny 1 you had to do it and clearly they didn't take that feedback and now people are pissed you need to do it in Destiny 2.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Cause you shouldn't be forced to use 3rd party options to do stuff in a game.

You are not forced to do it in WoW, Guild Wars or any other MMO or MMO like game. Hell you don't even need to do it for Warframe.
    For voice chat, you absolutely were, for a long time. And still it's the preferred option in most cases. Same for clan websites/invitations, in many cases. And hell, we're writing these complaints on a third-party discussion forum for one of these games.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    For voice chat, you absolutely were, for a long time. And still it's the preferred option in most cases. Same for clan websites/invitations, in many cases. And hell, we're writing these complaints on a third-party discussion forum for one of these games.
    Yes for voice chat.

But to do Group Content, Join Clans (Guilds) no other game I can think of required you to use a 3rd party source or something outside the game. Destiny does and its dumb, It was dumb in D1 and its dumb in D2.

And still it's the preferred option in most cases.
    There is a difference in preferred option and required. TBC added ingame voice chat in Wow if people wanted to use it. It was shitty but it was there to be used if some did.

There is NOTHING in Destiny 2 to form groups and join clans or to even just chat with each other.

OK.

Is anyone here experiencing freezes followed by crash to desktop because Destiny 2 stopped working? Game worked flawlessly till mission where i need to board carrier to get to the captain. After that it is constant. Every hour or even less.

Updated both windows updates (all of them) and geforce drivers to newest. Run repair on Battle.net. Deleted cvacs file. I dont run any recording software and only program running is Battlenet client (disabling it give no difference). Tried lowering graphics options, tried vsync on and off. I dont run any overclock whatsoever so there is no interference.

On official Bungie forum lots of people seems to have this issue.

Anybody here? Because i wanted to buy season pass (loving game overall) but cant justify it when game breaking issue like this are present.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Can you name one shooter that has life beyond the story mode without pvp competitive modes?
    Warframe, Defiance, Halo 4, Halo 5, Gears of War......hell, pretty much ANY shooter that has any kind of coop mode, horde mode, PvE mode that isn't the main story, etc, etc. Hell, zombies in any CoD game would count for what you're asking for. All of those games have content to offer beyond the story mode that doesn't even have to factor in any of the PvP stuff.

So what was your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes for voice chat.

But to do Group Content, Join Clans (Guilds) no other game I can think of required you to use a 3rd party source or something outside the game. Destiny does and its dumb, It was dumb in D1 and its dumb in D2.

There is a difference in preferred option and required. TBC added ingame voice chat in Wow if people wanted to use it. It was shitty but it was there to be used if some did.

There is NOTHING in Destiny 2 to form groups and join clans or to even just chat with each other.
    I wouldn't bother, Jt. It seems Endus has an unhealthy obsession with defending the idiotic design decisions in Destiny when it comes to anything social-related. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he works for Bungie and is in overdrive mode trying to defend the retarded decision to keep social features in Destiny to a bare minimum (in some cases, non-existent). At least, that's the way he's been acting over the last several pages of this thread.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-11-16 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Warframe, Defiance, Halo 4, Halo 5, Gears of War......hell, pretty much ANY shooter that has any kind of coop mode, horde mode, PvE mode that isn't the main story, etc, etc. Hell, zombies in any CoD game would count for what you're asking for. All of those games have content to offer beyond the story mode that doesn't even have to factor in any of the PvP stuff.

So what was your point?

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't bother, Jt. It seems Endus has an unhealthy obsession with defending the idiotic design decisions in Destiny when it comes to anything social-related. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he works for Bungie and is in overdrive mode trying to defend the retarded decision to keep social features in Destiny to a bare minimum (in some cases, non-existent). At least, that's the way he's been acting over the last several pages of this thread.
    To add to your list of games, Borderlands has built in Voice Chat as well......

Ether way hope those who are still playing enjoy Leviathan Part 2 Electric-Boogaloo

They are atleast working on clan chat

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    They are atleast working on clan chat
    They are "Working" on a lot of things, They been "Working" on them since Destiny 1. Let me know when they actually do something because like its already been said these are issues that has plagued Destiny since the first one.

Most of these things that they are giving in this expansion are things that should have been included in the base game, they are robbing everyone. The raid has nothing to do with Osiris and it's just them giving you the complete and whole raid you should have got when the raid initially released. This expansion just feels like a money grab and them giving you the finally complete game. Not a fan of how they are doing this game and probably won't continue to play. It feels like an uphill battle with bungie every game that they release now. It took so long to get the things we needed and wanted in destiny 1 and now we are having to do it again in 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they will bring some Fun back into PvP.
    I'd like to see more weapon balance for both PvP and over. More and better pulse rifles, snipers, fusions, etc.
    Fun exotics! Destiny 1 had fun exotics...
    Personally I loved using the Jade rabbit...

10+ Year Old Account
    They found a solution to all your complains JT and Zypher..... it is called stop bitching about the game and go do something else.... like seriously, you guys started fucking crying way before the PC release and you are still fucking crying..... next time just dont buy a blooming bungie game for fuck sake and spare us all your period tears!! If you cant contribute (and no your continuous hissy fits over the same shit every 5 minutes doest count as contribution) then stop posting here. They said they are working on some stuff, so give it time, not every one is as skilled as you two are that would've solved it in 5 minutes, so let them try fix it or apply for a job there so you can fix it for everyone.

And no, I am not going to put you on ignore for the off chance one of you two might say something that actually is meaningful..... you know what fuck this I realized you are both to fucking retarded for that to happen... ignore it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    That's impressive. I guess the time off between D1 and D2 has made us rusty. We had to reset the instance a couple times to ensure we'd get the challenge done.

Maybe we were being overly-cautious, but I think we reset it twice due to inefficient room-clearing.

Congrats.
    Just today

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Is that helmet's 1 shot damage amplified by head shots or does it do the same damage where ever you hit?
    If you have the "activate headshot" talent it definitely works - tested multiple times, i've seen up to 23k headshots.

I need to check what changes in damage if i choose the 6 shots tree instead. Losing headshots may be worth oif the total damage goes from 3x to 6x.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Causemic View Post
    Most of these things that they are giving in this expansion are things that should have been included in the base game, they are robbing everyone. The raid has nothing to do with Osiris and it's just them giving you the complete and whole raid you should have got when the raid initially released. This expansion just feels like a money grab and them giving you the finally complete game. Not a fan of how they are doing this game and probably won't continue to play. It feels like an uphill battle with bungie every game that they release now. It took so long to get the things we needed and wanted in destiny 1 and now we are having to do it again in 2.
    Well, yeah. It's Bungie after all. Of course they were going to cut content from the launch game in order to sell it to us in the DLC. It's just that in this case, some of it was stuff we already had in D1 (heroic strikes for example), but they took it away, just so they could have something to sell to us in the first DLC.

Curse of Osiris absolutely reeks of "here is the shit we took away from you and/or cut from the launch game so that we could say we had something to give you for the first DLC".

I'm not expecting anything that doesn't feel like cut content until the first major expansion next fall. Just like they did with TTK. Hell, even the content in TTK was originally suppose to be in the launch game of D1, but even THAT was cut to sell to us later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    They found a solution to all your complains JT and Zypher..... it is called stop bitching about the game and go do something else.... like seriously, you guys started fucking crying way before the PC release and you are still fucking crying..... next time just dont buy a blooming bungie game for fuck sake and spare us all your period tears!! If you cant contribute (and no your continuous hissy fits over the same shit every 5 minutes doest count as contribution) then stop posting here. They said they are working on some stuff, so give it time, not every one is as skilled as you two are that would've solved it in 5 minutes, so let them try fix it or apply for a job there so you can fix it for everyone.

And no, I am not going to put you on ignore for the off chance one of you two might say something that actually is meaningful..... you know what fuck this I realized you are both to fucking retarded for that to happen... ignore it is.
    Didn't realize you were the only one allowed to talk here? Maybe you should go find something else to do yourself. Meanwhile, those of us who have been around since the D1 Beta will continue talking about the game we know better than you.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-11-16 at 10:07 AM.

The worst thing about D2 for PC is the bad handling of univery networks. Im living in a dorm with an impressive connection and never had any problems with any game or application, but then D2 comes along and I get connection warning all the time and disconnects mulitple times a day. Even the bungie help says there can be problems with university networks and I should contact our IT department. What for, to do your damn job? That is just plain lazy. This and the underwhelming features of DLC1 makes me burned out after just 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post

You are more then welcome to find another Destiny thread on another forum if you don't like what is posted here.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...y-on-leviathan

Destiny 2's first year of raiding looks like it'll take place entirely on Leviathan
    Does Destiny 2's Curse of Osiris expansion add a new raid? It's a question the Destiny community has been pondering, after Bungie teased new raid content but stopped short of confirming an entirely new, separate raid itself.

Bungie livestreamed a look at Curse of Osiris on Twitch last night to answer that question and, as with many things in Destiny, the answer is... complicated.

Curse of Osiris will turn Destiny 2's raid location, the Cabal Leviathan ship, into a destination for multiple raids. The expansion will add a second set of raid encounters on the enormous vessel, exploring different areas and featuring a new boss.

This secondary raid will also get a tougher Prestige mode. Both it and the original raid's reccomended Power level will be set at 300 (the current cap, before it rises to 330 with Curse of Osiris).

"It's an entirely new set of encounters, new puzzles, new loot, completely new places to explore," Bungie stated. "And then we have a brand-new final boss for you to fight."

Destiny's second expansion, due in early 2018, will then add a third and final set of encounters on Leviathan.
    It's a canny way to keep players focused on a single raid location for an entire year cycle of Destiny 2 - and one which will no doubt help Bungie's production cycle as it struggles to keep up with the never-ending player demand for fresh content.

Still, a year without a fresh raid location? It feels a long time. The original Destiny got an entirely separate new raid at the same time after launch with the addition of Crota's End.

Elsewhere in the livestream, Curse of Osiris was confirmed to bring back a Heroic Strike Playlist. Screenshots suggested there will be an Eververse weekly milestone to complete.

Intriguingly, a quick look at the expansion's patrol space included word of how different versions will be presented to players - featuring Mercury set during different time periods. There's a dark future Mercury which is entirely inhabited by Vex, for example.
    More Curse of Osiris details will follow in two further weekly livestreams, before the expansion arrives on 5th December.
    I don't know if I should laugh or cry to be honest. This was cut content nothing more, They are repeating the same shit they did in Destiny 1.

I would laugh but I been sick for a few day's and my body hurts from coughing, So ill just facepalm at this.

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-11-16 at 04:05 PM.