Poll: what do you want?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

what should wow classic be? lots of people don't seem to understand what people want

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    it should be vanilla essentially
    1-60 hard to grind exp where quests were nearly useless
    corpse surfing, zepling to gm island, boat to old northrend, corrupted blood, under org, under sw, gryphon bug where you're flying around on a bugged gryphon you 100% control, loot lag, wall walking, wall jumping all included
    2003-2006 content
    classes were broken(any class with mana was dead except for warlocks, mages were half dead) and holy paladins were op with naxx gear
    servers were broken
    where you memorized where you needed to travel rather than looking at a map constantly because quests never used the map anyway so you find the map to be kind of pointless
    you deleted most mounts and pets so you could have bag space and only saved the best looking mounts and pets
    compared to current wow back then was expensive but it would appear cheap today 5g mace was equal to a 500g mace today

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    top/first poll choice =vanilla with all bugs including broken classes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

second/bottom poll choice = bad, horrible, 1-60 version of modern wow, all bugs fixed

for some unknown reason some people want current dungeon finder, raid finder, transmogrify, void storage but as level 1-60 and even worse there is likely someone out there that wants vanilla with flying mounts

that is different version of "pristine realms" that is NOT wow classic(rehashed vanilla) and blizzard said they're not doing pristine realms
    i wish people would stop suggesting those things

Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-11-16 at 05:27 PM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    You should've had more options on the poll. Had to vote for the top choice, as my original statement would be, vanilla like it was but with bug fixes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty stupid poll, I want the original experience but no bugs. And I'm 100% sure Blizz will never intentionally release all these bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Pretty stupid poll, I want the original experience but no bugs. And I'm 100% sure Blizz will never intentionally release all these bugs.
    top choice is the right choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You should've had more options on the poll. Had to vote for the top choice, as my original statement would be, vanilla like it was but with bug fixes.
    it's not a stupid poll
    it's you get bugs or you clearly don't want vanilla a server because you don't know what vanilla is
    it's a poll about the exact opposites of what people want not about my personal opinion of a middle ground

you just got a bad opinion which is why i didn't add a 3rd option with my alternative opinion in it because i am actually self aware about it unlike you 2
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-11-16 at 08:58 AM.

It has to be the original experience. I would dare to say, they can release the game in the same release order (no raids, just leveling and world pvp) and keep releasing new content with known bug fixes patches. And you will experience that in the same order leting people get onto a good decent level. Back then people didn't practice too much and it was hard to start practicing but nowadays people will be trained already and vainilla content will result in something really easy to storm. Aside from PVP, where balance was never a normal thing, i don't expect anything different.
    Veteran of the Third War. Garona's disciple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meera View Post
    It has to be the original experience. I would dare to say, they can release the game in the same release order (no raids, just leveling and world pvp) and keep releasing new content with known bug fixes patches. And you will experience that in the same order leting people get onto a good decent level. Back then people didn't practice too much and it was hard to start practicing but nowadays people will be trained already and vainilla content will result in something really easy to storm. Aside from PVP, where balance was never a normal thing, i don't expect anything different.
    how they release patches isn't what the poll is about though
    it's about the 2 opposites
    personal opinions of a middle ground shouldn't be part of the vote
    people have too many clashing ideas about what a middle ground is and people rage at it so it's not in the poll options

What a shitty poll and false dichotomy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    What a shitty poll and false dichotomy.
    it's not a shitty poll
    it's you want A or you want B
    pick a side and get over it
    if you didn't vote for A (top option) then you shouldn't be playing wow classic you should be playing battle for azeroth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    it's not a stupid poll
    I didn't state it was a stupid poll.

it's you get bugs or you clearly don't want vanilla a server because you don't know what vanilla is
    How cute, trying to run that card? I was against classic servers and now that they are here, at least offer fixes instead of changes. It is going to be a product and I can almost foresee it'll be a payment thing, so they have to fix the bugs anyways. I most likely wouldn't play it but even I can see the benefits in fixing bugs and exploits.

it's a poll about the exact opposites of what people want not about my personal opinion of a middle ground
    This is 2017, you have a crowd asking for the old museum to open, you gotta sweep the floors or else you can't charge for it.

you just got a bad opinion which is why i didn't add a 3rd option with my alternative opinion in it because i am actually self aware about it unlike you 2
    No, I have a valid opinion. And with my knowledge of playing from then till now, it is an experienced opinion.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-11-16 at 09:12 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

it's not a shitty poll
    it's you want A or you want B
    pick a side and get over it
    if you didn't vote for A (top option) then you shouldn't be playing wow classic you should be playing battle for azeroth
    Yes, that is what a false dichotomy is. Thank you for explaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't state it was a stupid poll.

How cute, trying to run that card? I was against classic servers and now that they are here, at least offer fixes instead of changes. It is going to be a product and I can almost foresee it'll be a payment thing, so they have to fix the bugs anyways. I most likely wouldn't play it but even I can see the benefits in fixing bugs and exploits.

This is 2017, you have a crowd asking for the old museum to open, you gotta sweep the floors or else you can't charge for it.

No, I have a valid opinion. And with my knowledge of playing from then till now, it is an informed opinion.
    if your choice is not A or B then talk about it this is a forum afterall not a linear survey
    top choice A is the 70% majority
    bottom choice b is the other 20%
    non existent choice c doesn't exist they're like 10%
    these percentages are completely made up just for an example of who votes+who doesn't vote(didn't see forum post)
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-11-16 at 09:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can do it in two ways:

They can do it like it should be, totally vanilla without anything changed outside of making it playable(bugs)

Or they can make it profitable, making the vanilla experience more playable, more enjoyable and alot more friendly to the broad population.

Blizzard are gonna do something wrong no matter what, so it is up to them if they want a profitable project or a project which people love.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    if your choice is not A or B then talk about it this is a forum afterall not a linear survey
    top choice A is the 70% majority
    bottom choice b is the other 20%
    non existent choice c doesn't exist they're like 10%
    But you made the poll flawed on purpose, or you made the poll without thinking about options.

Should be a 'C' choice, wanting vanilla as it was then but bug fixes.

Vanilla/Classic Vs. Pristine isn't the same thing at all.

And you can't pull a number from a non-existent option from the two-sided poll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

They can do it like it should be, totally vanilla without anything changed outside of making it playable(bugs)

Or they can make it profitable, making the vanilla experience more playable, more enjoyable and alot more friendly to the broad population.

Blizzard are gonna do something wrong no matter what, so it is up to them if they want a profitable project or a project which people love.
    Of course they'll do something wrong. Even when they give stuff for free, it'll be wrong apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

i made a list of the bugs that should exist if they're truly trying to make an authentic vanilla experience like allen brack claimed to say they will do(added wall jumping and wall walking just now)

- - - Updated - - -

But you made the poll flawed on purpose, or you made the poll without thinking about options.

Should be a 'C' choice, wanting vanilla as it was then but bug fixes.

Vanilla/Classic Vs. Pristine isn't the same thing at all.

And you can't pull a number from a non-existent option from the two-sided poll.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they'll do something wrong. Even when they give stuff for free, it'll be wrong apparently.
    too many bug fixes is not an authentic vanilla experience simple as that

people wanting level 1-60 zones with transmog, guild bank, raid finder, dungeon finder is a spin off, of pristine realms and obviously it is not the same as vanilla hence why there is 2 options to pick from you either want vanilla 2003-2006 experience or you want 2017 version of "vanilla" why is this so hard for you to understand? do you have a learning disability?

the pole is clearly about do you want a 2003-2006 experience or do you want a level 1-60 2017 experience

if you still don't understand after i explained it multiple times then maybe you shouldn't play wow classic since you clearly don't want a vanilla server, keep hoping for tinkers is what you should be doing and get off the wow classic forum
    \

ion also said in a beta gameplay demo if it doesn't have bugs then it's not an authentic vanilla he mentioned the loot bug as an example
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2017-11-16 at 09:28 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm just waiting for the classic-haters to flood into the thread and ruin our fun by skewing the results even though they never even will play classic because they hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    I'm just waiting for the classic-haters to flood into the thread and ruin our fun by skewing the results even though they never even will play classic because they hate it.
    3 of them already exist in this topic they want a lot of bug fixes or other changes

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted

it's not a stupid poll

It is a stupid poll, made to make most people run with your (not right) option, rather than the other extreme. Also, vanilla for some can go up to WotLK so it's you who has no idea what vanilla means to people. There's no bad or right opinion, but when it comes to idiotic vs well constructed one, you fall closer to the former one.

Speakin' as someone with no interest in these realms at all.
    So you can dismiss me as you like.

WoW Classic should be a server identical to how Vanilla was. IMO, toward the end.
    But all the content released progressively over time.
    (Pretty sure AQ's opening would be of vital importance to the people interested in this, so.)
    Bugs should be separated into for instance, funny ones and ones that are actually detrimental to players.
    If it is detrimental, crashes, class bugs .. shit like that, it should be corrected.
    Anything that legitimately, negatively impacts players should be fixed.

I mean, they weren't very good about fixing shit back then. Not like today.
    So they should do all the fixes/etc, they would do today but leave the funny shit in there.

An indie team recently redid an old title, and there were odd behaviors they left in on purpose.
    "It was part of what made the original game so great in the first place."
    Like the ability to throw a weapon at a wall, and have it bounce back and kill you.

Should it really do that? Should that have been fixed? ..
    There were some pretty funny/weird animations that they purposely reproduced,
    because again, they're hilarious .. even if today's companies wouldn't do that stuff.

So you walk a fine line when you "clean up" an older game.
    You gotta leave in the stuff that made it fun for people, but fix the stuff that definitely didn't.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2017-11-16 at 09:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it vanilla or there's no point in classic realms, if people want a feature/quality of life change/conveniences they should properly take a look at World of Warcraft:Legion/BFA as opposed to World of Warcraft:Classic which is an attempt to make available a key/critical part of video gaming/warcraft/wow history.

But ultimately there will be differences and i'm okay with the following things being *different*.
    Battle.net integration(It will happen 100% its key to blizzard's business/profit model they promote their store/games/merchandise/content creators/streamers through it, it would be stupid for them not to do it.),
    Server/client optimizations and improvements(Better fps, better use of modern hardware, made to use more then 1 core unlike vanilla client etc.),
    Server side/infrastructure changes(Obviously the servers are going to run on different hardware then retail vanilla blizz has already confirmed this in multiple interviews, we players won't notice anything different besides better ping/ms, greater stability, less crashes then retail vanilla.)

Lastly I'm okay with them fixing vanilla bugs/glitches/exploits that are old or newly discovered(Things ranging from falling through the world in certain areas which happened rarely but more often then today, bugged tooltips that don't match what spells/items actually do, pathfinding errors/glitches in certain instances/dungeons where people can exploit a boss to ignore its mechanics or keep the boss from damaging the group, wall climbing/exploration to areas like vanilla Hyjal, under Stormwind and other should be permitted but disallow people from doing in Battlegrounds/Raids.

But if the suggestion/expectation I have of these things lead to more changes beyond them for example class balance changes(which for me would completely break vanilla) or quality of life changes(Remove hunter ammo, no feeding pets, auto learn spell ranks, dual spec) then its not worth even doing that I want pure vanilla as close as humanly possible.
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2017-11-16 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Spelling errors/grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromes View Post
    It is a stupid poll, made to make most people run with your (not right) option, rather than the other extreme. Also, vanilla for some can go up to WotLK so it's you who has no idea what vanilla means to people. There's no bad or right opinion, but when it comes to idiotic vs well constructed one, you fall closer to the former one.
    for most people who want vanilla there is only 1 way to go about it they have always wanted it this exact way ever since burning crusade and i gave them a clear obvious answer to the question "what do you want" by saying wow classic(rehashed vanilla)1-60 lots of bugs 2003-2006 content

the second option is for the people who want guild bank, transmog, void storage, dungeon finder, raid finder, FLYING ect..
    the second option can also be for people who don't want the first option because it gets to a point of how far do you want things to be fixed? how far should we go with adding stuff to the game?

if people disagree with the first option then their disagreement is obviously the opposite of the first option in some manner

it's like
    do you want a plain cone with vanilla icecream?

or do you want a fancy cone with vanilla icecream?
    or do you want a plain cone with vanilla icecream and a flake?

the last 2 options are obviously the opposite than the first option because they're changing the first option in some way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalek View Post
    Keep it vanilla or there's no point in classic realms, if people want a feature/quality of life change/conveniences they should properly take a long at World of Warcraft:Legion/BFA as opposed to World of Warcraft:Classic which is an attempt to make available a key/critical part of video gaming/warcraft/wow history.

Ultimately i'm okay with the following things being *different*.
    Battle.net integration(It will happen 100% its key to blizzard's business/profit model they promote their store/games/merchandise/content creators/streamers through it, it would be stupid for them not to do it.),
    Server/client optimizations and improvements(Better fps, better use of modern hardware, made to use more then 1 core unlike vanilla client etc.),
    Server side/infrastructure changes(Obviously the servers are going to run on different hardware then retail vanilla blizz has already confirmed this in multiple interviews, we players won't notice anything different besides better ping/ms, greater stability, less crashes then retail vanilla.)
    i'm fine with those too my opinion is those should be the only things they add that are modern any more changes and it's not going to be an authentic vanilla experience

it's a forum so
    you vote for a or b then discuss plan c