Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Actually, removing tier sets, will not make everyone look the same,more the opposite, now everyone wont run around in the same tier set.
    and with the new system, they can add the stuff that make tier items special too every item, it just takes alot to unlock.
    I have so many non tier set upgrades that I cannot use right now becasue it would be a downgrade to break up my 4pc or even 2pc to equip them all. This eliminates this exact problem. Now, if it's an upgrade you put it on without needing to worry about breaking up any set bonuses. Just like war/titanforging, this makes me excited to kill bosses more.

Tier set bonuses being removed =/= they're removing unique class sets from raids.

But by all means, don't let that stop you from bitching incessantly about this for however long it'll be until BfA releases...

10+ Year Old Account
    "He said Jehovaaaaaa!"

Good thing I can mog my gear to the tiers I like then.

And they haven't said outright that they are removing unique tier appearances. Just the set bonuses concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP I think you might be right, there's a high chance we'll only get four sets (cloth, mail, leather and plate) all designed to fit the raid they come from and maybe some special pieces like Xavius shoulders. Without needing to worry about making class sets and then using recolours as the rest of the armour drops, they can just make one for each armour type and recolour that instead.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    OP's reading skills 1/800 better improve it

on topic tho, they remove set bonuses which is a welcome change since we basically always had 4 slots of gear we were locked in and couldnt change anythin without losing 4set, specially in legion when you had one or maybe even two legendaries in the tier slots, not to mention not knowin what ilvl a tier set might have without using the token
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Cosmetic issue? Big deal...

And you will still have tier sets skins, just without the bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    This basically means Blizzard is going to implement fixed Plate, Leather Mail and Cloth armors, with some customization through the Azerithe system, but not through Raid drops. This means the mentioned armor styles will look the same across all classes, meaning druids demon hunters monks and rogues look the same.
    No, it means that they're going to be making armour sets that are area-themed rather than class-themed. The art team aren't just going to get a few weeks of vacation during the time they would've spent making tier sets. Stopping work on one thing frees up room for the devs to spend their time on something else.

The most likely outcome of this is that we're going to get way more diverse cosmetic sets either within raiding, or across the expansion as a whole. They're probably still going to be making just as many cosmetic gear bits as always, they just won't be making them class-specific tier sets any more.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    I do. All they need is "well there's no set bonuses now anyway" and "designing 12 different sets + color variants for each tier drains resources" and "this will allow us to focus on making better sets tied to the raid theme".
    As long as the sets are appropriate and look good then I dont see the problem. We will have to see.

OP is right and all of you talking about reading comprehension need to take another look at the article

Wasn't Tier 9 one of the best raid tiers ever with some of the greatest tier sets ever and with amazing boss fights and a very well done and complex raid?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Since Blizzard decided to remove Tiersets, there will no longer be class themed Armor sets.
    Of couse. We already have a HD-facelift tier, the current one.

You used to be excited for new Tierset images on mmo-champion?

Couldn't wait to finally got those awesome looking shoulders?

Excited for getting your 4-piece set which changed how you played your class?

Thats gone. All of it.

BfA sure sounds exciting.
    If the Blizlets are to be believed, everyone will get a customisable equivalent of tier bonuses in Heart of Azeroth. Expect to end up like customisation levels of garrisons and faction capitals of Karabor an Bladespire.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will still be transmog. Just like every paladin doesn't look the same now, every alliance plate wearer won't look the same in BfA

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Everyone has been using transmogs for years, your argument falls flat on its face.
    Most of transmogs are from older ... raid sets, though. Only a few exceptions, for example for Troll Skin where you can use greens or blues from ZA/ZG, but most of the transmog you can see people with come from Cata's sets or MoP sets.

Plus, the fact that everyone transmogs older sets just shows that new sets are not as great as before, with a few exceptions.

Then, it is really optimistic to believe Blizzard will design 12 different "sets", times 4 (3 colors and 1 variant for MM raiding), if you don't have the incentive of the bonus.
    You will have 2 or 3 leather/plate/mail/cloth item pieces per boss, not 75.

I really think the set bonus removal sets us in the wrong direction.
    They removed Sets Bonuses because "you could prefer a 15ilvl lower item with crappy stats just because of the set bonus". So I guess that will be the same with secondary stats, they can completely remove them because I have the same reasoning when I'm looting a 950i item with double shitty stat instead of my 925i item with double bis stats.

I look forward to 9.0 where we all will have the same gear, for sure it will simplify the loot tables and ease the loot attribution in raids.