Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    So I get infraction, but this guy won't? This forum is so one sided ...
    That's what's called reductio ad absurdum, it's meant to highlight the flaw in your argument. It's not a personal attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's what's called reductio ad absurdum, it's meant to highlight the flaw in your argument. It's not a personal attack.
    It wasn't any argument, it was made so people start to think before it is too late, because what will be the limit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Posting nonsense and making a post mocking said nonsense are not equal.
    I saw some news about some pedofile support groups which would like to change laws so nothing would surprise me, hence it is not nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I saw some news about some pedofile support groups which would like to change laws so nothing would surprise me, hence it is not nonsense.
    Which has nothing to do with gay marriage, Your bigoted arguments are not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Which has nothing to do with gay marriage, Your bigoted arguments are not working.
    It is not an argument, because I do not intent to argue anything Oh and not gay, you should say "same sex". Shame for all those gender people.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

It wasn't any argument, it was made so people start to think before it is too late, because what will be the limit?
    We shouldn't allow interracial marriage, because next people will be marrying horses!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We shouldn't allow interracial marriage, because next people will be marrying horses!
    Do that means you have something against bestiality? Isn't it just love?

Do that means you have something against bestiality? Isn't it just love?
    Man, what is your issue? You were already infracted, now you are just trying to start a pointless flame war. We got it, you don't like gays. So either leave or stop trying to compare homosexuals to zoophiles or pedos.

Well I'm just glad I get to marry my beloved donkey Archibald thanks to the tireless work of Alexeht.

It doesn't matter if you don't think it's an argument. That's what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not an argument, because I do not intent to argue anything Oh and not gay, you should say "same sex". Shame for all those gender people.
    'Argument' encompasses more than just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to make this a thing around the globe.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Time to make this a thing around the globe.
    Yes let's start in Iran or Saudi Arabia next..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    You get to deliver that idea to them in person.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

They're still debating inserting "religious protections" into the bill, ie attaching an exemption to existing discrimination laws to placate homophobes. Which would be pretty disgusting, essentially using the gay marriage vote to weaken discrimination protections against gay people. I have no idea how politically viable that would be. In the US such a change would get thrown out by the courts but over here the courts are pretty toothless on such matters thanks to our lack of an equivalent of the Bill of Rights.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    And Russia. I entirely agree.

Aaaaand it's law.

Senate passes same-sex marriage bill

THE bill to legalise same-sex marriage has passed the Senate today without any major changes.
    Applause filled the chamber after the Senate passed the bill with 43 members in favour and 12 against. The decision means it will go to the House of Representatives next week for a final vote.
    Sixteen senators were either missing from the chamber during the vote or decided to abstain.
    Those who voted against the bill were Liberal senators Eric Abetz, Slade Brockman and Concetta Fierravanti-Wells; National senators Matt Canavan, Barry O’Sullivan and John Williams; and Labor’s Chris Ketter and Helen Polley as well as One Nation’s Brian Burston and independents Cory Bernardi, Fraser Anning and Lucy Gichuhi.
    There were 72 senators able to vote today but only 55 did so. At least one senator, Gavin Marshall, is overseas so 16 other senators were either granted leave or astainED from the vote.
    Senators who have confirmed they abstained include Employment Minister Michaelia Cash, Assistant Minister for Social Services Zed Seselja, Liberal senator James McGrath, National’s Bridget McKenzie, and One Nation’s Pauline Hanson.
    Other senators who were missing include Labor’s Sam Dastyari, Don Farrell, Alex Gallacher, Katy Gallagher, Deb O’Neill, Glenn Sterle and Jacinta Collins (who was given a pair and so did not have to vote) as well as One Nation’s Peter Georgiou and Liberal’s David Fawcett.
    Liberal’s Arthur Sinodinos and Labor’s Pat Dodson may have been on leave.
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay...a96d9e75ff0c5d

The Liberals gave up on their efforts to insert additional clauses to use the bill as a Trojan horse to roll back protections under the anti-discrimination act, so it sailed through the Senate.

GG no re.