Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Too bad I can't play that through the macro I have for starting up hunt trains, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Not toooo much; the most painful one is the first one. Subsequent animas can be (for the most part) a result of simply playing the game. The only thing that has to be grinded out at this point is the light farm step, which was significantly nerfed in 4.1 (light gain is 2.5-3x faster than it was prior to 4.1).

It's far easier, imo, to do subsequent anima weapons than it is to do subsequent zeta weapons (the first of each is always painful because you won't have all of the objectives unlocked ahead of time).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm very confident in saying that it's not just you. Bardam's Mettle is the first dungeon that tanks will likely enter where they aren't at or near the ilvl cap for the dungeon, so you end up with tanks with 270 gear in there getting absolutely pummeled by the trash mobs in there. The level 65-66 left side gear (obtained from that dungeon and crafting, respectively) is worth almost 1000 defense and magic defense over ilvl 270 gear from level 60. Sadly, there's a pretty high chance that you get said tanks in 270 gear more often than not for that dungeon; you can only hope they have enough sense to know to do smaller pulls with those mobs.

Pretty rich coming from someone who healed Castrum Abania to level 69-70 on WHM while still using ilvl 270 gear...I don't recommend that, either, because if you get a tank that isn't ilvl capped for that dungeon, it'll be a rough time for the both of you.

TL;DR: Gear upgrades starting at 65-66 are huge gains over even ilvl 270 stuff from level 60, despite the tiny ilvl increase.
    Thing is I'm seeing it with Nomad geared tanks and whatnot. And I'm burning through Lustrate like crazy to keep them up, always keeping Adol on them, spamming the hell out of Physick and Excog and it doesn't feel enough.

I swear my fingers are about to fall of sometimes with how much ability spam I do.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-16 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Thing is I'm seeing it with Nomad geared tanks and whatnot. And I'm burning through Lustrate like crazy to keep them up, always keeping Adol on them, spamming the hell out of Physick and Excog and it doesn't feel enough.

I swear my fingers are about to fall of sometimes with how much ability spam I do.
    Hmm. Figure that I should mention that majority of my experience in Bardam/Doma/Castrum is from dps and tank standpoint, so I can't offer any healer-specific tips for those. I can definitely speak from experience that tanking those dungeons was pretty painful for my face, even when I had the best gear I could obtain at my level.

Semil-related, I wish end game dungeons had a bit more bite to them like those later leveling dungeons do. Kinda hard to do that, though, when you have an ever increasing ilvl once at max character level. That isn't to say it isn't doable at all, of course.

Hmm. Figure that I should mention that majority of my experience in Bardam/Doma/Castrum is from dps and tank standpoint, so I can't offer any healer-specific tips for those. I can definitely speak from experience that tanking those dungeons was pretty painful for my face, even when I had the best gear I could obtain at my level.

Semil-related, I wish end game dungeons had a bit more bite to them like those later leveling dungeons do. Kinda hard to do that, though, when you have an ever increasing ilvl once at max character level. That isn't to say it isn't doable at all, of course.
    Maybe I'm not cut out for healing? I mean I don't understand what I can do better than spam my big heals, shield and fairy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I love Blizzard games, but I think you have to go into them knowing they treat their good/evil arcs with about as much nuance and theatrics as professional wrestling does with their "heels" and "faces".
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when the Lich King, his Scourge, and all the Lichamaniacs, run wild on you?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    [MENTION=1338419]Agreed. Nicely put. I do want to make a note though: I raid less than 4 hours a week. I imagine you probably play triple that if I had to guess. If you don't have the desire that's one thing, but time? You don't need time, just a desire and a little effort .
    Your correct in that raiding isn't the time commitment it used to be. When I was single without children, it would be nothing. But I made two mistakes. First, I got married. Second, I married a non gamer. I tried returning to the raid scene with Legion after playing mmos super casually for 5 years, and it was a disaster. The wife didn't understand why I couldn't just get up and help her with things when she needed when I was in the middle of a boss fight, or why I couldn't just ask 15ish other people to stop and wait for me. Led to a lot of arguments.

So it's not total time invested thats the issue. Between all my gaming, I do play more then you. The issue is blocks of time. I can squeeze in a quick dungeon here and there. Duties in FF14 usually work out ok. LFR is fine in wow since it's divided up in small chunks. But anything longer then a half hour I can't commit too, I need to be able to help with the family stuff.

Maybe I'm not cut out for healing? I mean I don't understand what I can do better than spam my big heals, shield and fairy.
    From the few runs I did in Castrum as WHM, there wasn't a lot of time/opportunity to do anything besides heal, so it's entirely possible those dungeons are all tightly tuned for the ilvl (compared to other dungeons). If you've made it to this point leveling SCH, you've already passed the first real heal check (Vault).

I absolutely love healing for max level dunegons and Rabanastre; I have time to dps a fair amount, for one.

From the few runs I did in Castrum as WHM, there wasn't a lot of time/opportunity to do anything besides heal, so it's entirely possible those dungeons are all tightly tuned for the ilvl (compared to other dungeons). If you've made it to this point leveling SCH, you've already passed the first real heal check (Vault).

I absolutely love healing for max level dunegons and Rabanastre; I have time to dps a fair amount, for one.
    The thing is I just did Doma on my 280 SCH.

I'm now sweating. The group was good. They didn't stand in much, the tank used their CDs and had 282 left side and whatnot but it just felt brutal the amount of damage incoming.

I don't remember Heavensward being like this. Sure I was an AST but still the damage incoming wasn't that harsh just from trash packs.

The thing is I just did Doma on my 280 SCH.

I'm now sweating. The group was good. They didn't stand in much, the tank used their CDs and had 282 left side and whatnot but it just felt brutal the amount of damage incoming.

I don't remember Heavensward being like this. Sure I was an AST but still the damage incoming wasn't that harsh just from trash packs.
    I recall Dusk Vigil hurting a bit as well as the trash packs prior to the first boss in Sohm Al. After that, I don't recall HW leveling dungeons being that rough (even the vaunted Vault). SB leveling dungeons seem to have it the other way around; the early dungeons are pretty much faceroll, then shit gets real rough from Bardam's onward. Expert roulette dungeons aren't even that bad if people are in the 290s ilvl wise. 310+ can easily pull wall to wall in the older expert dungeons. Skalla can hurt a bit trying to pull too much but it's nothing worse than those later SB leveling dungeons.

I recall Dusk Vigil hurting a bit as well as the trash packs prior to the first boss in Sohm Al. After that, I don't recall HW leveling dungeons being that rough (even the vaunted Vault). SB leveling dungeons seem to have it the other way around; the early dungeons are pretty much faceroll, then shit gets real rough from Bardam's onward. Expert roulette dungeons aren't even that bad if people are in the 290s ilvl wise. 310+ can easily pull wall to wall in the older expert dungeons. Skalla can hurt a bit trying to pull too much but it's nothing worse than those later SB leveling dungeons.
    It's just a tad disheartening is all.

Always wanted to play a healer that used a pet and I'm starting to think it's me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak View Post
    Your correct in that raiding isn't the time commitment it used to be. When I was single without children, it would be nothing. But I made two mistakes. First, I got married. Second, I married a non gamer. I tried returning to the raid scene with Legion after playing mmos super casually for 5 years, and it was a disaster. The wife didn't understand why I couldn't just get up and help her with things when she needed when I was in the middle of a boss fight, or why I couldn't just ask 15ish other people to stop and wait for me. Led to a lot of arguments.

So it's not total time invested thats the issue. Between all my gaming, I do play more then you. The issue is blocks of time. I can squeeze in a quick dungeon here and there. Duties in FF14 usually work out ok. LFR is fine in wow since it's divided up in small chunks. But anything longer then a half hour I can't commit too, I need to be able to help with the family stuff.
    Breaks my heart.

I don't plan on having kids which is good, and so far the S/O understand game time is my time and not hers, but she's practically begging for the ring, and honestly I'm not sold I even want to ever get married.

The dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when the Lich King, his Scourge, and all the Lichamaniacs, run wild on you?!
    My favorite part was in Wrestlemania XXIII when Undertaker Lich King has pinned the raid and out from backstage comes Tirion Fordring with a folding chair to turn the tide, then we all knock him off Icecrown and LK plummets 16 ft through an announcer's table.

15+ Year Old Account
    My favorite part was in Wrestlemania XXIII when Undertaker Lich King has pinned the raid and out from backstage comes Tirion Fordring with a folding chair to turn the tide, then we all knock him off Icecrown and LK plummets 16 ft through an announcer's table.
    ಠ_ಠ Shittymorph, go back to reddit.

As the Light as my witness, he is broken in half! The raid is whipping him like a government mule!

As the Light as my witness, he is broken in half! The raid is whipping him like a government mule!
    He's dropping purples faster than a sugar addict at an all-you-can-eat grape candy buffet!

Yeah not doing another alt after this Scholar.

Lakshmi is just full of actual idiots now. As was Susano a while ago. God help me with Shinryu.

"HURR HEALER FAULT I DIED BECAUSE I DIDN'T CLICK BUTTON" Despite the fact that the healer told you that the button prevents you from being one shot right before the pull......
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-16 at 08:32 PM.

Yeah not doing another alt after this Scholar.

Lakshmi is just full of actual idiots now. As was Susano a while ago. God help me with Shinryu.

"HURR HEALER FAULT I DIED BECAUSE I DIDN'T CLICK BUTTON" Despite the fact that the healer told you that the button prevents you from being one shot right before the pull......
    Good lord, and i do that shit on a ps4 where you need to use the touchpad like a trackpad and drag a cursor to it like doing 'the claw' on a psp with monhun.

I fully expect Lakshmi to be similar to Ravana by the end of Stormblood. Ridiculously easy to burn through unsynced with a good group yet capable of completely thrashing the party if key tactics are ignored. They even both share the dreaded knockback that risks sending half the party flying off of the edge of the platform.

I'm going to wait until the drop rate is increased for the mounts before farming Lakshmi and Susano - it's much too frustrating at the moment. 4.2 will make it a lot quicker, too, with a good group since the item level and power of gear will be higher.

Now I can enjoy this new chair mount I also picked up today not long before getting DRG to 70:

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I can enjoy this new chair mount I also picked up today not long before getting DRG to 70:
    Congrats, now you can start working on my job -list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Congrats, now you can start working on my job -list.
    Same. :P But really...I need to get working on lvling my classes. v_v