Deleted
    Bills still playing Colts at home and Miami twice. They suck, but they can't possibly suck enough to go 0-3 in those three games alone.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Bills are reminding me of the year the Chargers started 5-2 and finished 5-11.
    Anyone who actually bought in on the media hype of the 5-2 start was obviously not following the Bills. I've been there and done that during the Dick Jauron/Trent Edwards and Chan Gailey/Ryan Fitzpatrick eras. This is yet another reason why fantasy football is retarded. People look at stats and think "ermahgerd this guy/team is great/sucks".

The Bills will never be more than a 8-8 team with Tyrod. 8-8 isn't good enough. If Peterman crashes and burns, so be it. They have a lot of draft picks this year, maybe they can make something happen.

About 10:50-19:00 in this ESPN podcast has a good summary of Tyrod. play.podtrac.com/espn-theryenrussilloshow/c.espnradio.com/audio/3425347/russillo_2017-11-15-141847.64k.mp3

Somewhere around 15:00-16:30 is a quote from Andy Benoit, “There will never be a stat to capture throws that should be attempted that are not attempted, and when you put on the all 22 coaches film and you see how these plays are drawn up, every game more than any other QB in the league, Tyrod Taylor’s leaving guys open on the field un-attempted. He’s not processing, he’s not seeing, he’s not a full field progression reader, and he’s also not an anticipation thrower, that’s a bad mix, you have to really simplify the offense and build around him. Now, they put Taylor on the move a lot which slices the field in half, now he’s only reading half the field, that’s a very specific way to play though, and the more specific you are the easier you become to game plan against. So my guess is they’re ganna keep their eyes very much open for a quarterback, not this season, but heading into the offseason and moving forward.”

Todd McShay adds, “And I can tell you one thing, nothing will drive an offensive staff crazier than seeing something that they drew up, an opportunity for big play, and your quarterback didn’t take advantage of it, and I think that’s part of what’s going on here, and exactly what he’s saying is that, they’re getting guys open, they’re scheming the right way, they’re doing things, and he’s not seeing it, and that drives you nuts, because it makes you look bad as a coordinator, and ultimately as a head coach.”

This is Tyrod. There is a reason nobody signed him when the Bills let him test the waters.

(Credit to Essential on twobillsdrive.com)
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Cutting the field in half isn't something the Bllls are doing specifically for Tyrod, the Shanahan system is what Dennison is from. Every single QB that has been in it under Shanahan/Kubiak and now Dennison (and very likely before this as well) gets the field cut in half. It isn't a specific way to play like that guy said. Especially when so many QBs have had the best year of their careers under this system. No idea who Benoit is, but McShay is known for spewing incorrect garbage just for hits, so I wouldn't really listen to them. The hot take people are just turning to other players now that Alex Smith is throwing down field, because this is exactly what he was being criticized for constantly.

The players matter significantly less than the coaching staff too. There is a reason certain coaches have teams in the same positions every year regardless of the players. Fisher around 7-9 or 8-8, Andy Reid or Mike Tomlin 10+ wins and lose the 1st or 2nd playoff game and Belichick making it to the AFCCG almost every year are examples of this. If a coach has a good system and you let them get it in place they will be consistently good, if you have a garbage system it won't matter the players you have. Denver's defense under Phillips vs Del Rio (or Joe Woods this year), or the Rams this vs last year show this. Mostly the same players, completely different results.

While Belichick is a great coach, he also doesn't have Tyrod Taylor or Alex Smith at QB.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

PAC man Jones has been on point this season.

Deleted
    Bruce Arians says Blaine Gabbert has been on some pretty shitty teams. Now there's a real chicken vs egg argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    This new camera angle is fucking garbage already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally love the skycam. Lots of potential if we ever get better 3D tech than what we had a few years back when it was popular.

yooo I love this madden camera angle.. so cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Mariota stinkin' it up a bit, but better than Winston still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titans wasted no time at all start of 2nd half.

Bills are reminding me of the year the Chargers started 5-2 and finished 5-11.
    Hell, don't even need to stray from the Bills. We started 2011 5-2, signed Fitzpatrick midseason to big bucks, proceeded to lose 8 straight and finish 6-10 on a garbage week 17 win.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Anyone who actually bought in on the media hype of the 5-2 start was obviously not following the Bills. I've been there and done that during the Dick Jauron/Trent Edwards and Chan Gailey/Ryan Fitzpatrick eras. This is yet another reason why fantasy football is retarded. People look at stats and think "ermahgerd this guy/team is great/sucks".

The Bills will never be more than a 8-8 team with Tyrod. 8-8 isn't good enough. If Peterman crashes and burns, so be it. They have a lot of draft picks this year, maybe they can make something happen.
    After two straight days of local Bills radio, and almost 30 years with season tickets in the family, here's my opinion: Tyrod is going to go somewhere else, and is going to win playoff games if he can find a team that plays his system. We simply don't. Not even in Dennison's system, which relies on 3 step drops and getting rid of it (which is the pattern for offenses as of late). The reason Tyrod got no looks in the offseason is because coaching is the stalest part of the NFL and people are still looking for the 6'5" pocket passer who does his progression reads in 3 seconds and gets it out in that time. Tyrod will never be that. That he's managed to keep us at or near .500 while running a system which isn't built to his strengths is a testament to him. You can design a system for a QB like Tyrod, but Dennison didn't.

If you looked at Brandon Beane's (Bills GM) description of an ideal QB before the season, while Tyrod was fishing for another team, he described that tall, pocket passer. Sean McDermott probably feels similarly. The theory currently going around (which I agree with) is that they were probably surprised Tyrod restructured, brought him in, gave him a less-than-ringing endorsement entering OTAs ("Tyrod is starting as our quarterback in training camp), and then waited for him to fuck up enough to yank him. Nevertheless, Tyrod played well enough for a 5-2 start, so they couldn't do that. Then, the instant they lose two games in a row, they yank him. Those two games weren't even his fault. He played fine in the Jets game, despite being sacked 7 times. The defense played like a rusty sieve. And then, the Saints RAN FOR THREE HUNDRED YARDS ON THE GROUND. Tyrod was playing catch up all game, and the BIlls offense (or any offense built on the run and a short passing game) isn't built for catching up. And they're STILL IN THE HUNT FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT.

Tyrod has his flaws, sure. He holds onto the ball too long. But he's a playmaker, and he's the 2nd best player on our offense after Shady. And a class act on top of it. As Bills radio keeps saying, Peterman "better be good," to justify risking ending a 17 year playoff drought on a 5th round rookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost forgot there was football on tonight. Was watching basketball (great game today, Celtics beat defending champs Golden State Warriors).

I just saw Steelers get a TDto go up 2 scores, so they seem fairly in control. ANything interesting happen?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mariota keeps throwing picks. If he didn't do that this game would be closer. About all I can gather.

- - - Updated - - -

Tennessee also can't stop anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I almost forgot there was football on tonight. Was watching basketball (great game today, Celtics beat defending champs Golden State Warriors).

I just saw Steelers get a TDto go up 2 scores, so they seem fairly in control. ANything interesting happen?
    Nope. Both teams stopping the run, but Pittsburgh making less mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's Brown's third touchdown tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    put a fork in this one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

You missed a converted 3rd and 87!

jk

Games was closeish just after the 2nd half started but now its becomming a blowout. Titans can't do anything it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    put a fork in this one
    Yeah, this seems over. Going to look at highlights from the first 3 quarters and probably call it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    3rd pick.. yeah game is done for good