Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    So ignore people that are currently giving them money, but listen to others that might not ever give them any. Brilliant.
    Because they are different people who love different games.

I’m sorry but my money is paying to bring back classic wow why should I not be allowed to have a voice?
    If it were not for active users blizz would not be bringing back classic wow because their would be tons of money wasted to satisfy those who refuse to play wow in its current state.
    Last edited by Taso; 2017-11-16 at 09:06 PM.

"Blizzard listen to us Classic will be great! Listen to us!"

"Okay we're making classic now let's open up a discussion on what form that should t-"

"NO, ONLY LISTEN US DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE ELSE! BURN THE HERETICS WHO SUGGEST THE SLIGHTEST CHANGES!"

Make your case about a pure classic server but shut out people with other viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers. (because those people are responsible for making the game like it is today?)

Because those people shouldn't play on Classic Servers. From a pragmatic point of view, Blizzard simply don't want to make a competitor for Retail WoW if they want to profit from this endeavor. Thus, Blizzard should make Classic version as close to the original as possible.
    Why should blizz listen to people who are not interested in playing them a dime? Yeah, that works both ways. I highly doubt any of the resident vanilla crowd not actively subbed are actually interested in paying a dime. They're just bitching around, because their favourite vanilla pirate server got taken down.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

So ignore people that are currently giving them money, but listen to others that might not ever give them any. Brilliant.
    B-but the people paying for current WoW now are the people they listened to all these years!

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Because they are different people who love different games.
    One it isn't one or the other. Two you have one of them willing to pay you now, the other you have no clue if they will. The current player is to some degree paying to fund the creation of classic. While the other might pay into the system later you have no idea. Either way they should take both people's input with a grain of salt. What players ask for with limited to no thought involved and what they want are rarely the same thing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    One it isn't one or the other. Two you have one of them willing to pay you now, the other you have no clue if they will. The current player is to some degree paying to fund the creation of classic. While the other might pay into the system later you have no idea. Either way they should take both people's input with a grain of salt. What players ask for with limited to no thought involved and what they want are rarely the same thing.
    Current players are NOT willing to play on classic, which is what they told you during the past 10 years. They think classic wow is too bad to play.

So someone enjoying the current game can't decide that they also liked a different experience also ?

Ok, so should I announce that someone playing Destiny 2 can't possibly like Destiny.
    That someone playing any Final Fantasy game that isn't the first can't possibly like any earlier version.

No, blizzard should ignore people who make claims like this.

Current players are NOT willing to play on classic, which is what they told you during the past 10 years. They think classic wow is too bad to play.
    Some.
    See the above argument.
    That enjoying two different versions of the game isn't an impossibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    So someone enjoying the current game can't decide that they also liked a different experience also ?
    That wasn't people like you who constantly told other people classic is too bad and you wont play in the past 10 years?

That wasn't people like you who constantly told other people classic is too bad and you wont play in the past 10 years?
    And now I apparently represent all current players ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And now I apparently represent all current players ?
    same with WQGF drama or old models or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol /10char

There are people who don't see life in black and white, people who are able, unlike most MMO-C posters, to think beyond the first layer of life and understand that vanilla was not made of perfection and retail is not the devil incarnate. It is very possible to enjoy both versions for what they have to offer. I play Legion, but I also want vanilla the way vanilla was before. Why would I want to add changes to vanilla? So I can have the same game twice? What the fuck, I'd rather have 2 different games, gimme retail with the easymode and let me go commit to some serious time spending(wasting?) in vanilla at the same time.

Hell, allow me to open both games at once so I can quest in vanilla while waiting for BG queue or something in retail that would be awesome.

Why wouldn't they listen to their customers? The ones most likely to pay for a new product? It is far easier to sell something to a current customer than one that quit a decade ago. I agree with Ornyx that they should probably lock down the classic forums. It is a cesspool of people who don't play the game and just want to troll, who will likely not bother paying for Classic when free options exist.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    Why would they do otherwise?

Because there are idiots on the MMO-Champ forums asking them to put in features from retail, for some stupid unknown reason?
    Yes! Lfg, flying, character boost and content nerfs.
    And o yeah, I also want a pink unicorn to ride!

Why Blizzard shouldn't listen to people with an active subscription when it comes to Classic Servers. (because those people are responsible for making the game like it is today?)

Because those people shouldn't play on Classic Servers. From a pragmatic point of view, Blizzard simply don't want to make a competitor for Retail WoW if they want to profit from this endeavor. Thus, Blizzard should make Classic version as close to the original as possible.
    Blizzard is a company, not a charity. People with active subscriptions pay their bills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    lol /10char
    Yeah I like how he compared them as apples and strawberries not knowing smoothie's exist.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What an idiotic notion.

I have an active sub (even if i don't login much), and i'm on the "DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING ON CLASSIC" camp, big time. One thing doesn't have fuckall to do with the other, but hey, NICE THREAD!
    Yeah they shouldn't listen to you. You're trying to ruin Classic WoW. CURSE YOU FOR HAVING AN ACTIVE SUB! And curse ME for having an active sub despite hating the direction the game has been going since Cata! And curse Blizzard for putting flying in TBC but that's an entirely different point but FUCK FLYING ANYWAY!

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Why wouldn't they listen to their customers? The ones most likely to pay for a new product? It is far easier to sell something to a current customer than one that quit a decade ago. I agree with Ornyx that they should probably lock down the classic forums. It is a cesspool of people who don't play the game and just want to troll, who will likely not bother paying for Classic when free options exist.
    Hey! But current wow players told you they are NOT willing to play on classic wow since they are too bad and outdated. They wont play it. Am I right?