Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    After 2 years, the servers will have to restart. Not only to allow the guys in Naxxramas to experience it once again, but also to allow new players to experience it from launch. Starting TBC in patch 2.0 was fun, which i did as i started playing in late classic. But starting in patch 2.4 or even 2.3 was not so much fun.

If TBC becomes a thing again. They should advance the classic wow servers and create new ones, or create TBC servers and reset the classic servers.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People seem to keep themselves occupied and entertained on Classic private servers after what, 8 years?

Either way, the option will be there, the official servers won't be at risk of closing down due to drama or legal action.
    I'm a bit confused about this whole "progression server"-talk though... Have Blizzard actually ever said that this would be a progression kind of deal, seeing as how some are expecting the servers to roll not only into TBC but also WOTLK...?

In my mind, Classic servers = servers with the content forever locked in that era...
    I was going to say ^. I don't think people realize that there are a lot of people out there looped on vanilla servers for several years and perfectly content with it. Definitely should be locked on vanilla forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If Naxxramas is the last raid and everyone is farming it, I can see people getting bored after 2 years. If they release TBC that will be good for another 2 years.
    No need to re-release TBC, it's still there unchanged. Just level to 70 and lock exp.

Deleted
    ... So if one is not a "Vanilla vet", one hates the game? What about all the Vanilla vets that won't be touching Classic with a 10-foot pole?

I'm a 9-year player with more time /played in this game than most people I know whom played since Classic. Plenty of "vets" still play this game for what it offers, fyi. You might be unable to fathom it, but the people playing are clearly not.
    You completely misunderstood my post. Or are trying to put words in my mouth. Nowehere did I say that those who didn't play Vanilla hate the game, in fact I feel those who didn't are actually contributing more to the discussion than the MUH'nilla group.

The majority of vets don't play anymore, inb4 people grow up and change argument. Also "The people playing" are not all Vanilla vets. I was simply interested in why a vet was still playing because for me and many others the game changed too much for the worse. Instead of answering my question you got defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    You completely misunderstood my post. Or are trying to put words in my mouth. Nowehere did I say that those who didn't play Vanilla hate the game, in fact I feel those who didn't are actually contributing more to the discussion than the MUH'nilla group.

The majority of vets don't play anymore, inb4 people grow up and change argument. Also "The people playing" are not all Vanilla vets. I was simply interested in why a vet was still playing because for me and many others the game changed too much for the worse.
    I simply reacted to your conclusion. I say I don't hate Vanilla, you assume I started playing then.

You don't have access to official numbers, so saying "the majority of vets don't play anymore" is kinda pointless. I know the Vanilla "vets" (I've spent more time in this game than they have though) I know, and they play the game for what it offers rather than lamenting what used to be.

Deleted
    I simply reacted to your conclusion. I say I don't hate Vanilla, you assume I started playing then.

You don't have access to official numbers, so saying "the majority of vets don't play anymore" is kinda pointless. I know the Vanilla "vets" (I've spent more time in this game than they have though) I know, and they play the game for what it offers rather than lamenting what used to be.
    Not sure why I assumed you played Vanilla but hey-ho. I don't have a problem with the fact you haven't

No "the majority of vets don't play anymore" IS a fact. WoW has had over 100 million subscribers in it's lifetime and Vanilla peaked at about 8 million. So yeah with Legion sitting at around 3 million, I can safely say "the majority of vets don't play anymore".

They are "vets" for the sake of Classic discussion as they experienced it, you did not. The reason why others lament what the game used to be and don't play it anymore is because they have better options for entertainment than Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    No, we dont, we want classic to be classic and maybe a spinoff server for TBC, but leave classic up for everyone to enjoy and dont touch it!
    It's going to get old quicker than you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    No, we dont, we want classic to be classic and maybe a spinoff server for TBC, but leave classic up for everyone to enjoy and dont touch it!
    Whats this "we" stuff, I played Vanilla, granted never raided cause I played a Paladin and refused to heal (just not my thing). I am all for QoL changes to include a bit better balancing. I enjoy LFD, Flying, and the like, wouldn't want to see it on a classic server but I stand by my desire to have all the specs viable for all the content.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Deleted
    Yes it will be, only downside is that you have played it already. Boring, but ah it still feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    . So yeah with Legion sitting at around 3 million, I can safely say "the majority of vets don't play anymore".

Another number you don't have, so "safely say" is equally incorrect. Not bad of Blizzard to have 3 million subs yield what previously 6-8 million subs managed . Critical fail to have an expansion with constant content deliveries perform worse than their worst-to-date expansion in terms of active subs though... However did they manage that feat? Every metric currently used points to an upward trend, yet "the logical conclusion" to some is that WoW's playerbase is dwindling ever down...

Ho hum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    Whats this "we" stuff, I played Vanilla, granted never raided cause I played a Paladin and refused to heal (just not my thing). I am all for QoL changes to include a bit better balancing. I enjoy LFD, Flying, and the like, wouldn't want to see it on a classic server but I stand by my desire to have all the specs viable for all the content.
    Your avatar is awesome, OT but needed to be said.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-17 at 12:42 AM.

Deleted
    Another number you don't have, so "safely say" is equally incorrect.
    "Safely say" was referring to the fact that the majority of vets don't still play, which is a fact that I'm not sure why you are arguing. Not to the Legion subscriber number which I can only assume is following the trend, I don't care enough to look into it.
    Last edited by mmocd2ad2cb4e7; 2017-11-17 at 12:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    Then you have live, no need to screw up Classic. I am of the belief that all things should be discussed. But if you change everything in Classic to what we have in live, then it defeats the whole purpose of the classic experience every one wants.

That's not to say it shouldn't be revisited later. But let the people that want it have it. After all they are the ones that basically made it happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me consult my magic 8 ball...

"Please try again later."

Sorry, my clairvoyance is apparently out of order today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    Stop saying this. We didn't bust dick for classic just to have it go straight back down the shit path of ending 40 man raids and killing the fucking community. After 2 years they should finish off and start working on all the old content they scrapped off, they should make it so that the cap is always 60 so people have to ladder their way through everything to ever see the newest content, and they should avoid the cancerous tbc to legion timeline.
    Alright dude I was here 2 years ago when Nostalrius shutdown and I want Classic as much as you but calling TBC cancerous? I need you to apologize to TBC. TBC was amazing. As was Vanilla.

I can def see myself playing longer then 2 years. And I will aim to clear stuff server first at least.
    I think the whole "for free" thing for private servers is a load of bull. People would pay for it, if it was a real product.
    People won't pay for a private server that can get shut down anytime by blizz thats just simple logic.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

I really do not get people who come in this section of the forum... to post bad stuff about vanilla...
    We all get that Vanilla was bad in a lot of aspects... certainly vs the possibilities current day an age have to offer. But we still would like a pristine vanilla server as it was... warts and all. And there might be a few SMALL things that could be allowed to be changed. But if that would turn into a slippery slope... please just get the buggy old one instead... I am a veteran... and I still play WoW retail on and off... but I would as said in a previous thread... pay double the amount of my current sub... to be able to play a real vanilla server... from Blizzard. The product of today is so far removed... even with or rather due to all the QoL stuff. With quality being the word that is up for debate.