Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well in the past, new armor sets required only 2 new models (shoulders + head), other pieces were just recolor of an existing models.

Later on we started getting unique 3D model belts and in Legion they went all out making even some small 3D models for chest armor

ToV armor sets are probably the mo t20 sets, we don't need to worry that much (at least no warrior t21 can happen ever again )

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The only way I can even consider it being a gain for players over Legion armor is if it's truly fully modeled. Custom chestplate, legplates, 3D gloves, etc.
    All the Antorus gear is this way, only makes sense BFA's will be too.

I mean did you see the faction themed gear at Blizzcon? Shit's fire. Actually cool af.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    All the Antorus gear is this way, only makes sense BFA's will be too.

I mean did you see the faction themed gear at Blizzcon? Shit's fire. Actually cool af.
    No, Antorus gear is nice, but it's not full 3D. The chestpiece for, say, rogues, is still 2D textures with 3D knives tacked on. I mean a full, body-encompassing chestplate.

Say, stuff like this:

Not just stuff tacked to the front or back of the chest, but the actual chestpiece in full 3D that changes the player silhouette.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2017-11-17 at 12:51 AM.

At first I was scared but now I'm actually happy.
    Ion said that class sets would be back in the future and that this is only for bfa. It's been a while since we got raid quality models that aren't class based (zul aman sets are some of my favourite), so this could be refreshing for a single expansion if done right.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is what I was worried about when they announced removing set bonuses. I didn’t care as long as they kept making sets for each class for each raid. I want a shaman set every time. I don’t want to look like a hunter. I’m sure hunters don’t want to look like a shaman either. The whole “there are plenty of older sets to transmog to” thing doesn’t cut it. No shit. I have those old tier sets. I want a new shaman set in each raid. I don’t want generic mail wearer set #7. Tier 9 was one of the least popular sets in the community. Now that’s the philosophy going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    - In Emerald Nightmare, the armor was recolors of the Tier set. These didn't feel like they had a connection to the zone.
    - For years, the team has spent all of the art time on making sets for classes, then recolors for the rest of the loot table.
    - When you go into the new raid, the new sets will fill like they fit with the Troll, Titan, Corrupted vibe.
    - If you want that iconic Paladin look, there are lots of existing sets out there to transmog to.
    - The team is adding art variety to the world in this expansion. There will be more options than ever before, rather than a 22nd take on the Priest fantasy.
    - What would an Old God themed Paladin set even look like?
    - The team will get back to class based art eventually, but for BfA variety is being added.
    - There will be one appearance per armor type per zone, but more variety across zones.
    - This is the first time that non class set armor will get the full high fidelity treatment. The additional 3D armor pieces and other details that go into the normal Tier sets will be applied to these new sets.
    Yeah. No more monk balls or winged priests. They're very limited when trying to push out new art if there isn't much to get from the environment. It's why they gave the example of Old God paladin armor being a challenge.

The Zandalari armor they showcased was beautiful.

No, Antorus gear is nice, but it's not full 3D. The chestpiece for, say, rogues, is still 2D textures with 3D knives tacked on. I mean a full, body-encompassing chestplate.
    Skintight leather mog isn't full 3d, oh my gosh what a travesty. /s

Skintight leather mog isn't full 3d, oh my gosh what a travesty. /s
    Dismiss me with sarcasm all you want, but even in Legion, we haven't had any full 3D set. Plate, mail, leather or cloth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Yeah. No more monk balls or winged priests. They're very limited when trying to push out new art if there isn't much to get from the environment. It's why they gave the example of Old God paladin armor being a challenge.
    There was a raid in WoTLK where we fought an Old God. It had a Paladin tier set. It worked out just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazar View Post
    At first I was scared but now I'm actually happy.
    Ion said that class sets would be back in the future and that this is only for bfa. It's been a while since we got raid quality models that aren't class based (zul aman sets are some of my favourite), so this could be refreshing for a single expansion if done right.
    This. People forget that they change up the game every expac to keep it fresh, this is just for 1 expac and probably won't stay unless it turns out really well and then it would be fine to stay longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Dismiss me with sarcasm all you want, but even in Legion, we haven't had any full 3D set. Plate, mail, leather or cloth.
    TOV plate set, t19 priest and t21 Warrior are all full 3d and are incredibly obvious. It's ok to be upset that they neglect non plate when it comes to 3d chest models but dont tell lies.

There are probably a few more but those come to mind.

Only?

Also, we have transmog. If they don't want to make 12 watered down sets for every content patch, then more power to them. Maybe the new mogs will be higher quality. I'm okay with this.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

There was a raid in WoTLK where we fought an Old God. It had a Paladin tier set. It worked out just fine.
    That set was Ulduar titan-themed though. Another example of out-of-place armor is the new hunter tier inspired by naga skin.

TOV plate set, t19 priest and t21 Warrior are all full 3d and are incredibly obvious. It's ok to be upset that they neglect non plate when it comes to 3d chest models but dont tell lies.

There are probably a few more but those come to mind.
    I repeat: a plate stuck to the front of your characters chest is not full 3D. That's just a modeled plate stuck to your characters chest. Gear like what Anduin, Khadgar, Grommash, Sylvanas, etc. wear, that's full 3D.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    That was Ulduar titan-themed though. Another example of out-of-place armor is the new hunter tier inspired by naga skin.
    They could've easily added a new version of Demonstalker to Antorus. That set was great. They decided to pick some Azshara raid reject to put in Antorus for who knows what reason.

This is just disgusting behavior from a company still making over billion in revenue from a WoW alone. They took away unique pvp gear, now they're taking away class sets. The sad part is their fanboys still somehow defend this.

The best looking gear in this game came from tier sets and old pvp sets. That's gone now...

I don't think that's actually less, I think you wear the same looking stuff throughout most of your lvling in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogues, monks, demon hunters, druids.. All wearing the exact same gear.

How fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Rogues, monks, demon hunters, druids.. All wearing the exact same gear.

How fun.
    Innit? Demon Hunters had one expansion, so 3 raid tiers to transmog from. Looks like that's all they'll have for the next 2-3 years, lol.

Deleted
    rest of the unique armor looks will be on the blizzardshop.
    example dev. excuse: "this mighty paladin classfantasy set doesnt fit into a troll raid. buy it now"
    example excuse of playerbase: "you can still buy tokens with gold"

also: oh god even more troll themed armor in the future -.-
    Last edited by mmoc1e65e16b4e; 2017-11-17 at 01:25 AM.

They said it isnt a reduction in resources but 4-8 vs. 12 is alot less imo.
    4 for Uldir and 4 for the Azshara raid.

Sounds like Horde and Alliance Themed sets for PVP as well instead of recolored raid gear. That'd be 4 more for each. So 16, really.

Has there been a single good looking tier set since wrath? I would happily sacrifice class themed sets for zone themed if it means they actually looked good not like the trash we have had. I can only see this as a positive. And 90% of people just use a trasnmog anyway.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully there are multiple raid zones per tier.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it